Do you have any tattoos?

Replies

• crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    No.
    thank God those marks are not permanent.......shew!
  • I have 7 of them. They represent my family, the Air Force, and running.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    How many do you have?

why did you get the ones you have?

I have 4 one being a half sleeve. I have a couple more I need to get soon.

Feel it would detract from my charming personality
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    1 of intertwining hearts to represent my wife and daughter. And a scroll under with their names. And a purple ladybug on the left heart to symbolize my daughter.

Planning on another once I can find someone reputable in south florida.
  • dcarr67
    dcarr67 Posts: 1,403
    I have a english bulldog with a smokey on his head and USMC above. Would like to get another but I'm getting kinda oldnow to get a new one. May get this one redone though. It's 27 years old and looking like it.
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    How many do you have?

I decided never to get any on my front/chest area because I figured they would detract from my amazing boobs!
  • TheTruthAtAnyCost
    TheTruthAtAnyCost Posts: 52 Member
    I have two, but like a lot of other people, I want more.

I have the four music clefs on the back of my neck, and the Deathly Hallows symbol from Harry Potter behind my left ear.

They both represent huge things in my life. I'm a pianist and a singer and I love listening to music. And Harry Potter was something that my mother read to me as a child and the first chapter book I ever read independently.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    I have 1.

i had always wanted one, and i finally found something that i wanted permanently on me. I was 31.

I will have another, hopefully within the year.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Yes!

First one I got was of a tiger's head; then a butterfly with a tiger's face design in the wings; then one in tribute to a friend; a heart wreath; an ankle tattoo with my Hubby's name; an "old-school" style military tattoo in tribute to my brothers who both serve; but the first 3 have now been eaten up by a huge backpiece I've been working on for 2 years, now. It's from the base of my neck down to the small of my back, and side to side. (Every Sunday for 2 hours - OUCH!!!) It's Japanese-style and a tribute to my family:

a giant koi representing my son (he's a philosophy graduate; the koi represents a strong sense of self and purpose)
    a huge tiger representing my daughter (she's an athlete, academic, and a beauty queen; the tiger represents strength and beauty)
    And they're both set amongst bamboo and water (both represent strong forces, but ones that adapt and change)

Unfortunately, my regular guy moved to another state and the tiger's not done, yet, so I'm having to find someone that can finish drawing it and then putting full color on it. :-/
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    No.
    thank God those marks are not permanent.......shew!

Permanent marker. I do it to look like all the cool kids.
    hahaha nice brah!
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    <--- it's my design, based on the Flower of Life, which is an ancient symbol found in holy places around the world, such as the temple in Abydos, Egypt and somewhere in India and somewhere else i don't remember. it makes an eye and it also makes my first initial. there are two rays coming out of the eye, one which reps 'looking inward' and the other which reps 'looking outward'. it's to remind me that i don't know everything, and i never will.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    How many do you have?

QFT
    Don't like them, don't need them, don't want them....
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Yes, they are kinda addictive! I can't wait to get another one!
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    it don't hurt
    exactly.....sitting still hurts worse than the needle lol
    i have 4
    mine all tickled, my artist always has to stop so i can get my laughs out. with my chest there was a large man getting a tattoo at the same time and i was laughing, and he was about to cry (literally) he asked me why i would get something on my chest, didnt it hurt (he assumed the bones hurt a great deal, my chest/clavicle area is very bony) and i said no, it just tickles, he also asked what drugs i was on for it to tickle i said none, but i dont think he believed me, mine took 2 hours he couldnt finish his. poor guy.
    i also have my ribs, back, and hip done. all in remotely bony areas, my husband always argues with me and says it had to hurt he refuses to believe im tougher then him when it comes it the needle.

but anyways i have 4 currently, they all have a meaning, working on the design for my 5/finishing 4th. my 4th can stand alone nicely but i always had a plan to have it finished off with a rose 1/4 sleeve.
    my artist also has my design folder, with tattoos 6-8 already in it ready to go.

I tend to have an inappropriate giggling reaction to pain as well. Had the staff of a spa all calling me strange as I giggled while getting my back waxed ...

Its not that i was laughing at the pain, it actually just tickled. no pain
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    I have five
    1 my husband name on my chest
    2 the old fashion skull an crossbones poison symbol with the word poison on the other side of my chest
    3 a spider web on one side of my neck
    4 a spider on the other side of my neck
    5 the symbol for atheism on my arm
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    I have two. I wish I didn't have any though. Now that most of the population seems to have them, it doesn't seem as intriguing anymore.
  • LYNN8SUPERSTARZS
    LYNN8SUPERSTARZS Posts: 21 Member
    I have one on my inner thigh a butterfly, does me no good nobody can see it, LOL:laugh: :blushing: