Do you have any tattoos?

Replies

• I've got two, one on each arm. I had both done impulsively, like within hours of deciding I wanted to. The first one is a small flower patch, and I love it. The second is a spider, and I don't know what the hell I was thinking...
  • ataraxial
    ataraxial Posts: 185 Member
    I have 16 tattoos. All concealable. Some people don't know I have any =]
  • I've got a couple :)
  • 14992_1326108587809_2077792_n.jpg

excuse the yucky feet I'd been walking outside..

I also have a star on my hip that got ruined in my pregnancies. and a heart on my wrist. I had a messed up tattoo under my tank.. i think he did a pretty bad *kitten* cover up..

I plan to get a lot more, I just want to lose the weight first.

I because obsessed with owls BEFORE they were cool recently. It's an *odd* story.. But after that I began collecting them.. i have like 40+ owl figurines at my house haha obsessed. I want to get a mama and 2 baby owls perched on a tree branch. and a few more.
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    For the people who want to get one and are worried about he pain, it really isn't that bad. The fact that I had to sit still for so long was the worst part for me. I tend to have a short attention span sometimes, and I kept getting antsy and wanting to get up and do other things.

This.

I was more annoyed over my butt being sore from sitting in the chair for so long, rather then the tattoo. Tattoo's hurt, but it's a bearable pain, some spots hurt more then others, but its not horrible.

Wow. I can't claim that. I have a pretty large rib piece and it hurt. For 6.5 hours. That said, I'd do it all over again.

ah ok, yeah the ribs are suppose to be pretty painful, I guess I shouldn't claim my statement for all spots, but all worth it in the end.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Only thing i really hate about tattoos, they fade over time, i would love to get the barbwire one on my left arm redone but i wish they didn't lose there color over time.

I was reading an issue of INKED a couple months ago and there is now sunscreen made especially for tattoos (hell, it may not be new...but it's the first I've heard of it). Anyhow, that may help you if they're fading due to sun exposure. I cover mine with sunscreen when I run in anything that leaves it exposed to the sun.
  • I think I have around 30, but I just tell everyone that I have 1 that isnt finished! I have them because I love the look of ink on the skin, plus I work at a studio LOL
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    From most recent to first...
    A candle burning at both ends on my forearm
    A pair of snowflakes on my front shoulders
    A old school heart and banner with my little girl's name on my inner forearem
    Lyrics down my side (got when I was in shape!)
    Star on my foot
    A generic tramp stamp
    A kanji on my back

My future plans include some vintage jewelry pieces with a grey wash background on my upper arm
    A pair of pin-ups on my calves, a German girl carrying beer wearing a dirndl and a Native American girl...I am German but always wanted to grow up to be Native American...didn't quite understand I couldn't 'become" a different ethnicity. It was my Halloween costume for YEARS....I guess you would call the tattoo living vicariously...
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    nah, mine are all fake. i get up at 5am to draw them on every day :wink:

right arm = (still! since 2006) in-progress vintage Halloween half-sleeve, approx. 22-25 hours in... my dude is so hard to get appointments with. he only takes appointments on the first of the month for 6 months in advance, and no phone calls, only if you're there in person... which is 2 hours away. and if you're not one of the first few people in line by 9am for shop open at 1pm, they all hog up multiple 8-hr sittings and you're left with 2hrs here, an hour there to chose from...

left arm = linework of neo-traditional gypsy head with crazy cat eyes, for my cat Gypsy who passed in 2011. color coming soon

chest/front shoulders = B&G bat on each side, covered up/redone once

back = large-ish cthulhu-inspired demon wings.. they are looking better and better the less back rolls i have :bigsmile:

right ankle = traditional flame ring (Ring of Fire, duh) with Love Is A Burning Thing in traditional script *pours out a 40 for jcash*

if i had a dime for all the upcoming and half-baked ideas i have for more, i'd probably have enough $ to put a deposit down on one of 'em...
  • taralc1
    taralc1 Posts: 98 Member

right arm = (still! since 2006) in-progress vintage Halloween half-sleeve, approx. 22-25 hours in... my dude is so hard to get appointments with. he only takes appointments on the first of the month for 6 months in advance, and no phone calls, only if you're there in person... which is 2 hours away. and if you're not one of the first few people in line by 9am for shop open at 1pm, they all hog up multiple 8-hr sittings and you're left with 2hrs here, an hour there to chose from...

left arm = linework of neo-traditional gypsy head with crazy cat eyes, for my cat Gypsy who passed in 2011. color coming soon

chest/front shoulders = B&G bat on each side, covered up/redone once

back = large-ish cthulhu-inspired demon wings.. they are looking better and better the less back rolls i have :bigsmile:

right ankle = traditional flame ring (Ring of Fire, duh) with Love Is A Burning Thing in traditional script *pours out a 40 for jcash*

if i had a dime for all the upcoming and half-baked ideas i have for more, i'd probably have enough $ to put a deposit down on one of 'em...

Your first sentence made me giggle
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Your first sentence made me giggle

hehehehe
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member

Several years back I had a moderate addiction to fake tattoos. I would buy a bunch and sleeve my forearm out, or my fiancé and I would be drankin' and start putting them all over each other...good times, good times. Now I amass fake ones for my 3 year old, who hardly ever doesn't have at least one on her at any given time. She has some cherry blossoms on her forearm, and some tribal something on the back of her hand. She is so bad *kitten*.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    nice guys.........nice to see a lot of tattoo brother and sisters I have.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    hmmm....I dont know do I? I guess the real question is where does it start/end?
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    I was going to get my marathon time and date on my arm but it would look like I was a prisoner of war. so..no tats.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    For the people who want to get one and are worried about he pain, it really isn't that bad. The fact that I had to sit still for so long was the worst part for me. I tend to have a short attention span sometimes, and I kept getting antsy and wanting to get up and do other things.

This.

I was more annoyed over my butt being sore from sitting in the chair for so long, rather then the tattoo. Tattoo's hurt, but it's a bearable pain, some spots hurt more then others, but its not horrible.

Wow. I can't claim that. I have a pretty large rib piece and it hurt. For 6.5 hours. That said, I'd do it all over again.

ah ok, yeah the ribs are suppose to be pretty painful, I guess I shouldn't claim my statement for all spots, but all worth it in the end.

My ribs didnt hurt all that bad, the hardest part was my pelvic area because it was turning me on so i had to try real hard not to laugh haha
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    th_643865_4723296599029_139174621_n_zpsb5d4f34d.jpg
    th_391194_10200480021541732_1924033079_n_zps53ba96ed.jpg
    th_tat_zps37f18600.jpg

I fell asleep during all of them except the skull
  • emmawoolf84
    emmawoolf84 Posts: 243 Member
    Forearms, Upper Arm, turning into Sleeves......Have them, love them, etc.
  • the_summer_belle
    the_summer_belle Posts: 353 Member
    I have one on my wrist it hurt a little at first because i have small wrists thin skin i guess and that is where all the veins and nerves are but after a while i got used to it and it didn't hurt. I would like to get another attached to it on my forearm but not sure what i would get so for now i have one.