Do you get a lot more attention after weight loss?

Options

Replies

• fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I really think its mainly confidence. When you don't feel attractive because you're not happy with your weight you look sad. People don't like sad, unconfident people.

Conversely, when you feel sexy and toned (even if you statistically still are overweight), you just ooze happiness and good vibes. People are attracted to happy, confident people.

Take it all in stride. Be complimented and feel good and then use that as fire to keep going.

Oh God. People are attracted to what you look like on the outside. No matter what your confidence is. If you're attractive but look sad people will care more about you, and will want to comfort you. If you're unattractive, people will notice but not care, unless they're you're friends.

If you are unattractive but really happy and confident you will get more attention than someone who is unattractive and miserable.
    I have know a few that are overweight and outgoing and always had people around them where as someone who was miserable tends to push people away because nobody wants to be weighted down by someone who is not happy.
  • lma0423
    lma0423 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I really think its mainly confidence. When you don't feel attractive because you're not happy with your weight you look sad. People don't like sad, unconfident people.

Conversely, when you feel sexy and toned (even if you statistically still are overweight), you just ooze happiness and good vibes. People are attracted to happy, confident people.

Take it all in stride. Be complimented and feel good and then use that as fire to keep going.

I completely agree with this. I find that I look best at around 170 and I get lots of attention, but then at 180 I get none. at 5'6, 10 lbs cant make THAT big of a difference! But in my head it does, so I guess it affects my confidence.
  • jenmencer
    Options
    I find that people are much nicer to me...strangers especially, and I really notice it with the customers at my work. It is kind of sad, in a way, to think that I am not any different than I was before...just the way I look...and people treat me like they respect me more. I agree that it is mainly confidence, since I never really had that before, but still...it has taught me to never judge by appearance that is for sure!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

Oh God. People are attracted to what you look like on the outside. No matter what your confidence is. If you're attractive but look sad people will care more about you, and will want to comfort you. If you're unattractive, people will notice but not care, unless they're you're friends.

3034058-0182729262-42-10.gif

false.
  • Possible_Infinity
    Possible_Infinity Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My Ex GF would probably say so. She was always crapping on my weight loss.

For me it’s sort of a Yes and No...

I think I'm a lot more approachable now that I’ve lost weight.
  • dani22105
    dani22105 Posts: 94 Member
    Options

I LOVE THIS!!!
  • simplysera
    simplysera Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    this!
  • aaasky
    aaasky Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sometimes our partners will notice the extra attention even when we don't.

This is so true. I'm not oblivious--I do notice that I get more attention than I did 35+ pounds ago--but my boyfriend is quicker to make a comment about it.
  • Brianf2fusa
    Options
    I notice the extra attention, and honestly I like it. I was overweight and FAT all my life and I deserve the extra attention I get. My wife on the other hands HATES IT.

I also get extra attention from the wife too HAHA.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Yep. I definitely get more attention now than I ever did when I was younger and heavier...

Of course, now I'm much more invested in my appearance, so that has definitely made a difference. I have just awful skin (acne, redness); now I wear makeup and that covers most of what I consider to be "the damage." I used to wear jeans and a hoody or t-shirt every second of every day, and I'm not talking about cute jeans that fit well or a t-shirt that really shows off my goods. Now I wear clothes that fit me well and accentuate my milkshake or whatever. I've gotten into much better shape than I ever used to be, and I'm willing to bet that the confidence I've gained from that has fed into this phenomenon, as well. I've noticed that I've become more friendly, outspoken, and sociable; I chalk that up to feeling better about myself and the way I look/feel.

I can understand how it might make you uncomfortable at first, especially if you're not typically on the receiving end of such flirtations. Take it for what it is: someone's really picking up what you're putting down and they want more. It's up to you if you want to engage that person further.
  • amberstevens7906
    amberstevens7906 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well personally since iv lost weight iv had much more attractive men talk to me then I used to have.one guy was so attractive to me I couldny believe it because I'm not thin yet. I'm 153 and started at 270
  • tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I can't say that I have. Then again, I'm pretty oblivious to things like that.
  • Sondicalondi
    Sondicalondi Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    YES, no question! I use to hate it when I was younger, now I love it! Like the other comments, when I hit a certain wt. I start to notice looks and attention, absolutely no attention until then tho. Had a guy say I was "looking good" at the gym last week. Who doesn't like that?!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • LauraBee96
    LauraBee96 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

I love this!
  • MyRummyHens
    MyRummyHens Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Definitely more attention from both men and women. Admittedly the attention I get from women is even more unwanted than the attention I get from men. I find as I get closer and closer to my normal slim self then women (strangers/acquaintances not meaning friends) make increasingly nastier and nastier remarks. I felt like a 'fitted in' more with other women when I was over weight, does that make sense?

Man wise (I'm very happily marriage), I get mainly looks and I find men are quicker to crack jokes/make light conversation in silly places like the post office queue than they were.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    are you kidding? from flab to fab!!!!:smokin:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Nope, nobody has said anything at all.
  • AlbertOakaTREE
    Options
    Yes people I don't generally see that often have been saying to me that I look look good. I have also been getting looks on the tube when going to work. Either that or it is all in my head lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!