Does "Hot Mom" Need to Apologize?

Options
rowrunyoga
rowrunyoga Posts: 65 Member
So... this woman has been in the news this week. Former model, 3 kids under 3, rockin' bod, posts this picture, and hate mail ensued.

kWGHBXL.jpg

Apparently, this has caused many people to get their proverbial panties in a bunch.
They claim she's fat shaming.

Is she?
Where is the line between fat shaming, health, and non-model reality?

What excuses have we made for ourselves?

What excuses do we continue to make?

Does she owe an apology?

I say no.

Replies

• LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    absolutely not.. she worked her *kitten* off to get where she is.. if anything she has my respect ;)
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    I say no.

she's not "fat-shaming" at all. this is about being healthy, for yourself and your kids.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    She works her *kitten* off with three kids.
    The shape comes for all that she does and she kept up her shape while expecting.
    Jealous people are quick to pile on.
    I say good for her
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    No...she owes no apology.

Why would anyone get upset over that pic? Motivated...yes.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Why would she apologize? She looks fantastic, and she's right!
  • ehorn625
    ehorn625 Posts: 144
    Options
    hell to the no-people get way to involved in other peoples lives! She looks great and good for her!
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    No she doesn't need to apologize as I don't see this as fat-shaming! A body like that takes dedication!

I'm very happy for her :)
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    What excuses do we continue to make?

Personally my excuse for not having three kids is that I don't want kids. Can't be doing with the whole passive aggressive breeder thing...

:)
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. This isn't fat shaming in any way, shape, or form. It's pure jealousy that's pissing people off.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not!
    She is a hardworking mum with a great body and three small children. Why should she apologise for trying to get others to think about their own lifestyles? I truly think that the negative backlash has come from those who look within and are not comfortable with what they see.
  • Roxiesmother
    Options
    I think she's inspirational. She shouldn't have to apologize for that.
  • sumfun4us
    sumfun4us Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No!!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Nope.

As a society we have become too "politically correct". So much so that we knit pick and sometimes bully people who don't deserve it. Even when they are doing something positive and have not given us any reason to...
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I think she's inspirational. She shouldn't have to apologize for that.

This
  • epigirrl
    epigirrl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    No apologies! She looks great and I, personally, see the message as motivating.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Had to chime in again... LOL

AND....

We have to stop enabling people. Half of the problem is that we are so worried about hurting someone feeling we accept obesity, We accept laziness, We accept much lower standards in all aspects of life.
  • biscuitwelsh
    biscuitwelsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Only if the picture is photoshopped.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Apologize? No.

But should she stop fake apologizing on facebook and doing interviews defending herself again people who don't appreciate her brand of motivation? Yes.

I rolled my eyes when I was the photo because it's like "My excuse is we don't have the same priorities" because I don't. I am healthy. I am not into having that body/level of fitness. But do I think she was trying to be a jerk a year ago when she posted it? Not really, given the things she has written prior to this event. But then she had a ranting facebook post that was very blamey and less than great interviews and I kind of just want to tell hot mom to stop.

Quite frankly, because I'm a mom and own my own business too and do a lot of charity work (she runs her own), I'd be peeved that people were talking about my hotness and forgetting I am human being.
  • DiaryofaMadFatMan
    DiaryofaMadFatMan Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Had to chime in again... LOL

AND....

We have to stop enabling people. Half of the problem is that we are so worried about hurting someone feeling we accept obesity, We accept laziness, We accept much lower standards in all aspects of life.

I totally agree
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    No!