30 day shred october 21th !!! Anyone!!!

Options

Replies

• somereptile
    Options
    This is great! I just started my 30DS today, too, before seeing this thread. I've attempted this in the past, tho wasn't consistent. I'm concerned with doing 10days without a rest, but I think it may help me stay on track. In the past, my rest day was scheduled as only one day, then would turn to two...three days, then I was back into old habits by then.

Very excited to share with you guys during this transformation!
  • sabrinar1982
    sabrinar1982 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I just started 2 days ago :)
  • Wanderer1224
    Wanderer1224 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I just started 2 days ago :)

You are welcome to join in!!!!!!!
  • ginger1031
    Options
    I WANT IN,JUST STARTED TODAY.
  • UrnAsh1984
    Options
    I'm on day 4
  • AngelRobbie
    AngelRobbie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I ran 3.5mi this morning, I'm at work now and if everything goes to plan I will be doing my 30DS tonight when I finally make it home. Great job to everyone that made it happen today, you are my motivation for later (:
  • Tnahpelem
    Options
    I just finished Day 7.
    3 more days to go, then I'm on to Level 2.
    I'm scared. :P
  • _Extraordinaryy
    Options
    Starting tomorrow :)
  • natalieyeo39
    natalieyeo39 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm finally doing day 5! I haven't been exercising for 3-4 days and I already feel so guilty :( the new members will catch up to me ASAP since I don't do this workout on days that I go to the gym (which expires end of the month). I'm hoping to do this routine over and over till end of the year, so 2 cycles and save some money at the gym :)
  • olalola1981
    olalola1981 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done! Felt harder than yesterday after doing hip hop abs and a run last night but got through it just about :tongue:
  • brown46545
    brown46545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I finished Level 1 Day 5 yesterday. Amazing how much stronger I am from Day 1.

I'm disappointed though that I'm gaining a couple ounces a day so far. I've gained over a pound. I have to stop weighing myself. I am not eating back my calories and I measure EVERYTHING so I know for a fact I am not overeating. I did measure myself so after each level I am going to re-measure and hopefully see results.
  • sabrinar1982
    sabrinar1982 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Day 3 last night...it's getting easier and i'm not sore today. I feel great :)
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I finished Level 1 Day 5 yesterday. Amazing how much stronger I am from Day 1.

I'm disappointed though that I'm gaining a couple ounces a day so far. I've gained over a pound. I have to stop weighing myself. I am not eating back my calories and I measure EVERYTHING so I know for a fact I am not overeating. I did measure myself so after each level I am going to re-measure and hopefully see results.

Did you take measurements before you started? (Waist, hips, bust, etc?) Please remember that muscle is much denser than fat...in other words 1 lb. of muscle takes up considerably less space than 1 lb. of fat. Here is a photo of 5 lbs. muscle vs. 5 lbs. fat:

fat-v-muscle.jpg

SO, it is very much possible that you can gain on the scale but LOSE inches! Also, I have read that when working out hard, your muscles can retain water for a while afterwards as they repair. Here is a quote from one article.

"A new exercise program changes the chemical makeup of your muscles as an adaptive response to increased activity. The changes that take place in your muscles after exercise prepare them for more of the same by storing additional fuel for energy. Muscles replenish glycogen stores after a workout, and water retention is a natural side effect of this process."

I will also add, that even if you don't lose inches, your body can be changing for the better. In the last few months, my thighs have only decreased 1 inch...but there is a DRASTIC change in their shape and composition...waaaay less fat and waaaay more muscle. So even the measuring tape sometimes doesn't reflect the full picture.

Don't despair. I know how it feels. I HATE my scale! (Because it often does not tell me what I want to hear.) But just stay focused on getting FITTER and STRONGER! For this reason, I have some "fitness markers" I use to help measure progress...how long can I hold a wall sit? How long can I hold a plank? How many push-ups can I do? Even when the other numbers are not going my way, if those numbers are getting better, I can tell myself I am doing well. Find some fitnees goal to focus on...how long can you run without stopping, or how fast can you run a mile? How many crunches or bicycles or squats can you do before feeling like you are going to die? Anything that can help you see that you are making progress. :bigsmile:
  • echoesmyron
    echoesmyron Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Finished day 2 ! Definitely feeling sore. Going for a run later - great motivation to hear about others who are pairing this with their other work-outs!

Also trying to ignore the scale for at least a week - I really like the idea of fitness markers.

Keep at it guys !!
  • Winnie_Cooper
    Winnie_Cooper Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Day 2 - DONE!! Really sore, but glad I did it. Also did a 3 mile walk earlier to warm up the muscles. Don't know if it helped, but it sure can't hurt.
  • missydn
    Options
    Just finished my 5th day of workout 1!
  • Wanderer1224
    Wanderer1224 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Long day but i got day 2 done!!! wohoooooooooooooooo

I am so happy that everyone is doing such great job!!! Just stick to it and u will see results!

You are all strong, smart, and beautifaul..... and u can do anything!!!!! just stay strong!!

Thanks for all the support guys!!! :smile: :heart: :smile:
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Day 2 -- DONE! Not only that, but I did the first circuit twice. I was just finishing circuit one when I got interupted. By the time I got back to finish my workout, I was no longer warmed up, so I just started all over again. Do I get bonus points? :laugh:

QUESTION: Is anyone planning on taking break/rest days? I am just a little concerned about the need for recovery. I know a lot of fitness experts highly recommend recovery days. I don't want to end up injured. I was thinking of maybe doing 30DS M-F and taking the weekends off for recovery, but I don't want to get behind.

Also, I found this most excellent chart that I printed out to motivate me: (apologies for the fact that the full image does not fit here)

30+day+shred+planner.jpg

And to give credit where credit is due, here is where I found it: http://emsyjo.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-30-day-shred-lets-do-it.html
  • britfout
    britfout Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Finished day 6 today and have been looking for a support group! I take at least 1 rest day a week so I should finish at the same time as many of you.

My stamina is up a lot already and i'm able to do the harder versions most of the time whereas day 1 i was struggling with the modified moves! Excited about how fast i'm seeing a difference! I took measurements and pics and will take more on day 10, 20 and 30.

Oh and I also do at least 60 min/ week on stationary bike and 90 min/week yoga.
  • somereptile
    Options
    Oy....my Day 2 is complete too! I can tell my legs will be very sore tomorrow. Besides the 30DS, I also walked 2.5 mi with my dog and am continuing my squat challenge. I got 15 days into the tumblr challenge for squats. Then got sick a few days. I've continued doing squats but only challenging myself to 100/day.

I also made my own chart to keep track of progress. It doesn't leave room for rest days, which I probably need to reconsider. I can post it tomorrow if anyone is interested. :-)

Congrats to us all! Two days down!! :-D