Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Welcome to the new faces I saw on here. Things are going good in Tammy land right now. My stomach finally feels pretty good again and I was able to jump on the new stationary bike and get in a good sweaty 20 minutes this morning. My goal is to work up to an hour a day. Right now twenty minutes gets my legs pretty shaky so it will be a work in progress:happy: My husbands travel plans got pushed back a couple days so I got a little extra time with him. Now he flies out at 6:00 am tomorrow morning:cry: Oh well I should be used to it by now.

Karen I hope the car situation gets worked out. Car problems are just the worst.
    Holly I feel your driving pains. My husband and I had to teach 3 kids to drive and most of it fell on me which is ironic since I am not a great driver but his patience level kept getting seriously frayed.
    Robin I hope you are feeling all better and the job is going good.
    Susan happy belated b-day. I missed it somehow. Hope your day was as fun as mine and your buisness trip is going well.
    Gorilla I love to read your workout posts. They are always so inspiring. The train incident the other day must have been really sucky. Hope the person on the tracks made it out ok.

Well I am sure there are other things I could say but my brain says time to shut down. Have a great day everyone.:heart::flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, I don't think I have any new goals. I spent most of the day house cleaning... which needed it. BLAH!
    Wednesday, wish day. I wish I could figure out what is going on with my eating and exercise plan. I can't afford to spend much more time on it than I already do between work and the kids. I'll change something if I don't get any movement by next Thursday. But I'm feeling quite frustrated. My friends on my list are doing amazing and I'm not.
    Anyways, I hope everyone is having a great day!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish: That someone else would clean my kitchen and cook dinner tonight. Not going to happen so I had better get with it!
    Have a good afternoon. Kaye
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

(muttering to herself - gosh this thread is moving fast this week - we are a chatty bunch of bananas!)

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - at the end of every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @kaye--I feel that way every Sunday evening. My husband does the majority of the cooking and dishes, but I can't seem to get him to make my lunch for the week. :angry: :laugh:

@p1xy--what is your current calorie allowance? It could be either too high or too low. Also, what are your macros like? I do best when I up my protein and lower my carbs a bit (NOT low-carb)--I keep mine set at 40/30/30.

@tammy--glad you are feeling back to normal, and a few extra days with the hubs is such a bonus!! Enjoy that bike--I find 30 minutes is about my limit right now. After that my shoulders and back start to feel fatigued from the cycling position (not to mention my bum! :blushing: ).

AFM--Well, my wish seems to have come true--DH replaced the battery and car seems to be running fine. Yay! I also had my post-observation conference which went very well--my boss really didn't have anything negative to say which is nice. To top it all off, I got to the gym and did a full lifting session plus a mile on the treadmill.

I didn't get anymore essays done, but tomorrow I will have some time to do more. I'm off b/c I have to go judge a speech competition at an elementary school in the town where I teach. I have to be there earlier than my normal school day, but we will be done around 1:30, so I will go straight to the starbucks near my salon and grade until my hair/pedi appt. I should have at least an hour to get 5 or 6 more papers done.

Grading goals:
    1. 6/73 AP essays
    2. 55/55 Whitman annotations DONE
    3. 73/73 AP test corrections DONE
    4. x/55 Junior in-class essays (student teacher will do these)

Exercise goals:
    Mon-walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) NOT DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE (going to dinner at a friend's) canceled so + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE
    Thurs--rest day (hair and pedi appt)
    Fri--walk gunner (maybe--have after work drinks planned, so may not get home in time)
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (5k)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 65
    Dead lift = 65
    Squat = 70
    Overhead press = 50

Upright row = 40 (kettle bell)
    Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 80
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    We are very chatty bunch but that what makes this group wonderful. We really do care about what is happening in each other lives and how we are doing on this journey.

Karen- Hope the car issues were resolved quickly and easily. Yea for the car. Enjoy your day off tomorrow even if you are grading speeches.

p1-I agree with what Karen (skinny) said about the macros. I am not sure how long you have been stuck and it is no fun. Just remember that our bodies need time to adjust to the weight loss. At those times our body shape may be changing. Have you taken measurements, if not do so since that will also show progress.

Gorilla- I did kick butt in the gym today. Stair master will kick butt, so have a good workout today.

jt- Glad you are feeling better.

Well, my Wish from a few weeks ago came true. The student who was giving me major problems in class has been officially removed. Today was a great day with my 7th graders. They were able to accomplish multiple tasks today and most of them managed to stay focused. I left work with tons of energy and even managed to get some extra work done today. I wish that my class continues to go well.

Great gym session tonight as I did a mini triathlon-row, bike, swim. My legs were still feeling Monday's workout so I cut the bike short but still managed to run afterwards and it felt good.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Jumped on an electric scale today. It said 262 instead of the 260 my little dial scale said. :( This makes me feel like I just gained back 2 pounds in that 20 seconds. :( definite motivation killer.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    @Gorilla – Are you saying that I should do 5/3/1 instead of 5X5? I’m not familiar with it. So far the only thing I’ve had issues with are the OHP, feel strong on the rest. We’ll see what Friday brings.

@Laurie – I’m so happy for you. It’s nice that the class is able to focus better now and you feel better which will make everything go more smoothly. Hopefully he can find the right fit for him too.

@Robin – glad you are on the mend, but be patient, it does take time to get back to “normal”

@Karen – Yuck…car problems!!! Glad it seems to have just been the battery.

@Queen – he must get his brains from his momma! Glad he listened to you.

@jt – some extra unplanned days with hubby – yay!!

@Kaye – I’m good with cooking, but I wish some magic cleaning fairies would show up after dinner.

@p1xy – be careful not to compare your process with others. I had a couple of friends that were dropping 3-4 pounds per week for a long time and here I was either holding steady or losing 1-2 pounds. When I actually started looking, they were eating less than 1000 calories per day. I ended up needing to delete them from my list because it was too frustrating for me to see these big losses, but I knew that was not the way I wanted to do it. I'm in it for the long haul and right now I know that it would not be sustainable for me.

AFM – I've been doing great with water this week. I’ve also been doing okay on calories, but not very good on healthy choices (apparently, Caramel is a big downfall for me -- dang caramel apples!! :tongue: ). However, today has been a very productive day (which I needed). I got my bathroom clean, my kitchen cleaned, supper made, kitchen cleaned again, 2 loads of laundry done, homework done with my son, choir and then a lifting session. Now I’ve earned the right to sit and watch Survivor (and maybe Top Chef) before I head off to bed.

Wednesday Wish: That I find a great costume for my daughter for Halloween. I somehow lost track of time and things are probably pretty well picked over.

Monday – heavy lifting / Water Aerobics HALF DONE
    Tuesday – rest DONE
    Wednesday – heavy lifting DONE
    Thursday – walk while my daughter has skating lessons (1 hour)
    Friday – heavy lifting
    Saturday – rest
    Sunday – Halloween night at church (I’m serving so I’ll be on my feet for 3 hours)

Lifting:
    Squats – 85
    Bench – 65
    Rows – 65
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Laurie - I'm so happy for you to get your classroom back to a normal state. Sorry it had to take the removal of a kid to cause that, but maybe that will change things for him as well for the better. One can only hope.

I'm still not feeling well - my energy is still dragging and I'm having problems with pain in my mouth that just won't go away. Its exacerbated a dental injury I had in March that hurt my tongue and caused it to hurt most of the time in a portion of the tongue, now its hurting all of the time in a much greater area. The dentist, who I see frequently, says it should heal over time. . Imagine - I don't even feel like eating because of the pain in my mouth! Keeping it lubricated by sucking lozenges is the only relief I've found - and I've tried everything on the market!

Sorry to whine - and I just realized I haven't been logging all those darn lozenges!
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Hello all.. well I did have a great workout session on the stairmaster last night. 30 minutes was a sweaty mess... so it was just what I was looking for. tonight is my last night of 5/3/1 doing bench press. Started re-reading my NROL Supercharged book and got this little quote.

Efficacy + Strength + the Desire to Improve + a Solid Program = RESULTS

So that is going to be my formula going forward... I am pretty sure it has been the results of my success when things are good. So now to focus on making that happen every day. I will be building my workout today and will post it here probably tomorrow.

skinnyjeanzbo - Sounds like your day got much better!

grandmakaye44 - hire a helper for a day! you deserve a rest too!

p1xyn1xy - Don't give up! You can and will be doing as good if not better then all your friends!

Lauriek70 - Awesome you got rid of the problem kid AND had a great workout!

Alupinsk - First scales are a BS way to measure success... but if you are going to use one for that, always use the same one. and personally I like the non-electric ones. I prefer the precision at the expense of accuracy.

tlh0407 - sounds like a great day! I did the stronglifts 5x5 and 5/3/1... personally I liked 5/3/1 better, I think it leads to better lifting numbers by varying the workouts by number of reps and weight used.

AND... guess who saw a meteor this morning on his way to work in a bright blue sky?? THIS GUY!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Laurie--glad your class is better. That is a huge stress reliever.
    Robin--sorry you are still not feeling well.
    I am checking out this morning for a few days. I don't have a smart phone or portable electronic device so I can't check in again until I get home on Sunday. I am taking some of my favorite low-cal things along. I'm also taking my walking shoes and the pedaler. The hotel where we are staying tonight has an exercise room so I should be able to get in a stationary bike ride.
    Hope everyone has a good weekend. The thread is moving so fast, I'm sure I will be hunting for it when I get back.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I fell off the radar for a few days there. Had a super busy weekend and then got busy at work now that the government is open again. Physical therapy is good though they upped the weight/resistance and today I'm really sore.
  • sjacobs425
    sjacobs425 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    omg this goes really fast. just checking in, i missed wednesday, i don't know how. tom and didn't get workout 30ds in this morning, but going to gym tonight will do extra cardio to make up for it.

what is thursday again, uggghh my mind is going, i can't remember. anyway, just wanted to say hi, stay focused and keep on keeping on.

god bless!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @sjacobs--thursday is "Thursday Truth"--and yes the thread can move fast, especially during the work week.

@beachgirl--glad the PT is going well. I think I'm going to need to break ot my resistance bands and start doing my knee exercises again--it's been hurting for a couple of weeks now. :grumble:

@kaye--enjoy your vacation!

@gorilla--:heart: the quote from NROL!! :love: I still need to look into getting that book. Unfortunately, I rarely have time to do any casual reading during the school year, so I will stick with 5x5 for now.

@sherrie--hey there!! It's so nice to see you back!! :flowerforyou:

@robin--sorry about the mouth pain--it stinks that there's nothing your dentist can do about it. :ohwell:

@tracy--I'm doing Stronglift 5x5--not b/c it's better than 5/3/1, but b/c it requires less math. :laugh:

@alupinsk--you didn't gain back 2 lbs--it just means if you had used that digital scale when you started, your starting weight would have been 2 lbs heavier. Don't ever let numbers on a scale define your progress--you are better than that! :flowerforyou:

@laurie--glad you got your wish--having a student in the wrong placement has got to be one of the most challenging situations to be in as a teacher. I WISH I were grading speeches b/c those I grade while the students give them--no homework with speeches! I'm currently grading AP essays. :ohwell:

Thursday Truth:
    The grading of these essays has been slow and painful. My AP students clearly either aren't "getting it" or they aren't putting forth their best efforts b/c these papers are stinky! I know I've only graded 9, but so far 3 have been almost all plot summary, and the last one I graded had 27 mechanical errors in a 2 page paper. That's just ridiculous! :angry:

I really hope they improve. If not, I may need to drink something stronger than starbucks while I grade them. :drinker: :laugh:

Grading goals:
    1. 9/73 AP essays
    2. 55/55 Whitman annotations DONE
    3. 73/73 AP test corrections DONE

Exercise goals:
    Mon-walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE (going to dinner at a friend's) canceled so + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE
    Thurs--rest day (hair and pedi appt)
    Fri--walk gunner (maybe--have after work drinks planned, so may not get home in time)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 65
    Dead lift = 65
    Squat = 70
    Overhead press = 50

Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 80
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Hope ya'll are having a great day. Got the hubby off to the airport and then came home and got a couple hours more of sleep. My mom and I then went and got some groceries. As I said before I try to never do any real shopping while hubby was home so it was badly needed. I got nicely stocked up on lots of nice healthy snacks and options and have purged out the last of the junk food so back to the grind . I am totally with Kaye though wishing someone would come in and clean up the kitchen and put the groceries away. The new puppy is having a lot of trouble not wanting to explore all those nice sacks on the floor:laugh:
    I got some new chocolate protein powder to mix with my pb2 for my after workout protein shakes. I had been using the slimfast with the extra protein but I cant find it anymore. Hopefully this stuff is good considering it was like 45 dollars.

Laurie congrats on getting your classroom back to normal. It should make work much more productive and enjoyable for you.
    Robin sorry you are feeling bad. Do you have sinus issues? When my sinuses drain it makes my teeth the roof of my mouth and my gums ache. You might try some sinus pills. Cant hurt and might help.

My truth is I have used husband being home as an excuse to slack on all fronts but he is back to work now so I guess so am I, lol.

Have a great day guys.:heart::flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    I broke down and called the Drs. office today and spoke to a nurse. The Doc is out today so she is going to talk to him tomorrow about antibiotics. I realized the roof of my mouth is also hurting so maybe it is sinuses, there's definitely SOMETHING going on. I haven't been this miserable in a long time, and its been 9 days since the Doc diagnosed me with a viral throat problem, so I HOPE he throws something at me!

All I want to do is sleep - my participation here has dropped off dramatically and I apologize for not doing personals. I do read everyone's posts and am inspired as I read along. You are ALL SO IMPORTANT TO ME!!!!! Keep up your activities and logging your calories - you are all doing great!
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    @ jeanz and gorilla. Thanks guys. I appreciate that.

I bought my fitbit so hopefully that will give me a better idea of how much I'm burning each day as opposed to just guessing. I'm already at 2100 for the day, and I haven't even went to the gym yet. :)
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Today has been a wonderful day. The meeting I was at ended early so I was able to go shopping. I have dropped down to a 14 pants with no questions about it now. Then the results of the indoor tri were finally published. The bike that I was not happy with turned about to be about average with everyone else the mileage ranged from 4.2 miles to 15 miles so I was slightly above the middle. In my category, I finished 4th so I will take it.

Robin-Hope you feel better soon, mouth problems are no fun.

Plan for the week
    Sunday- Triathlon DONE
    Monday- Trainer DONE
    Tuesday- Rest DONE
    Wednesday-Gym DONE
    Thursday- Gym no---REST-DONE
    Friday- Climbing
    Saturday-Water aerobics
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @laurie--that's an awesome finish!! Woohoo!! :drinker: Also, yay for shopping! I'm kind of at that point too where I know most 14's will fit. I'm much more hit or miss with the 12's--can't wait until that's my standard size. My goal is still to get down to an 8, but these year-long plateaus are making think it may never happen. :grumble:

@alupinsk--have fun with the fitbit!

@robin--hope the doc helps with some meds. On the plus side, it looks like the sore mouth is causing you to not eat b/c your ticker (which was tied with me at 56 lbs lost) just passed me up by 2 lbs. Congrats on that!! :flowerforyou:

@tammy--it's always so nice to get stocked up on healthy foods. Glad you got the hubs off safely, and now that he's gone, I know you will get right back to your healthy routines.

AFM--like laurie, I did a little shopping today before grading at starbucks. I needed a new pair of black work slacks. I have several pair hanging in my closet, but the pair that fits best is starting to get faded. Another pair fit fine, but the the style doesn't look great on my body type--it has those slit pockets that tend to stick out and make me look "hippier" than I really am. Anyway, I looked for some pants when in Lake Geneva a couple weeks ago, but couldn't find anything in the 12's or 14's that fit right--the pair that fit best were about $60, and I didn't love them enough to spend that much. Today I found a pair of 12's that fit perfectly and only cost $25. :bigsmile:

Got 1 more essay done and completed a college recommendation for a student as well. I have 2 more rec letters to write by next Friday, so I was glad to get one out of the way. Tomorrow I'm going to let my student teacher go solo--he was already on his own today while I was out (I doubt the sub sat in with him). That means I can actually grade for the 2 periods while he teaches. :drinker:

Grading goals:
    1. 10/73 AP essays
    2. x/16 AP analysis activities

Exercise goals:
    Mon-walk gunner DONE
    Thurs--rest day (hair and pedi appt) DONE

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 65
    Dead lift = 65
    Squat = 70
    Overhead press = 50

Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 80