Women in relationships aren't allowed to have male friends?

Options

Replies

• Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    It is a double standard you allow. This would not happen to me.
  • featherbrained
    featherbrained Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    it's only acceptable, if you accept it.

so speak about your own life, sista - i couldn't care less who my wife hangs out with. if she's going to cheat, she's going to cheat - and me restricting her friends a) takes more time and effort than i want to deal with 2) would likely push her away from me and iii) indicates i don't trust her.

when i do.

as long as those friends are chicks (just kidding)

Well said. It comes down to trust. My spouse and I have been together for 16 years, and who we hang out with is never ever an issue. Not from the start. We wanted to be with each other, and so we are.

I couldn't handle that kind of controlling in a relationship, not as either the controllee or the controller. :)
  • DoreenMcKinney
    Options
    I think it is wrong for a man to think that a woman can't have male friends they are just friends, if a man has woman friends he might be tempted to go further. If you have a strong relationship and a trusting relationship and you talk about things there should be no problem, just love each other and talk and be happy don't put restrictions on one another about friends.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Was this directed at you? First off, all she would of had to do one drunken night is offer him some sex or lettuce and he would of taken it in half a second. They didn't hook up (which I dont believe) because she didn't offer, plain and simple.
    Did she offer him sex? so you are a guy.....I get it now.......are you the guy she didn't give the nookie too?

Have you SEEN the girls in this topic who are "friends" with guys? There is a reason.

Hmmmm. Let's see you, hot stuff.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    My husband has always given me a long leash so to speak. He knows i am friendly and will talk to anyone. I put it out there from day 1 that i am not his to control or boss around. I have had several male friends during our marriage and at times have considered ( and did once) cross the line. But, i was totally honest about my feelings and actions. He wasent happy but, i am not into being sneaky.

I would not have a problem with my husband being friends with women as long as i knew who they were and there was honesty. Do i think he would cheat.....it could happen....just depends on the situation.
    But, i do know alot of couples whose husbands wouldnt be near as tolerant as mine is.
  • mrspinky85
    mrspinky85 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has their own expectations in a relationship and people should define this before they date. Instead of deciding what you want to do by what other on the internet do, you have to decide what you will or won't tolerate before you get into a relationship with someone. What may work for you and your spouse may not be what works for me and mine.

That being said I have tons of male friends most whom my husband knows. Those that I grew up with in church that my husband hasn't met all have their own families and wives now.

I think in a good relationship there should be mutual respect and neither person should do something that they would not like the other person doing to them. Also, if that person is going to cheat on you they will cheat on you. There are no demands you can make that can control that. People will do what they want. You have to find someone who does what you want on their own.

Plus, I love my husband. He would never be crazy enough to tell me what I can or cannot do. And neither would I.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    In for round two of awesome and bringing my rainbows and unicorns with me!

lisafrank+unicorns.gif
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Un-believ-able.

Good show everyone, good show. I would like to thank God, my agent, the Academy for bestowing this...

Wait, that's my planned Oscars acceptance speech for best supporting poster in a motion thread.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Just here to ugly up the place.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    ohai
  • Katie5961
    Katie5961 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Eff that! My best friend is a male. He's been in my life for 10 years, longer than any relationship has lasted. If any man who comes into my life can't handle that he and I regularly talk, go to dinner together, etc, and that it is COMPLETELY platonic, he doesn't need to be with me. That's understood between me and whoever before a relationship is even established. And same for him (bf)... I have no issue with him having friends who are women. If you don't trust your partner why are you with them?
  • Yodifer
    Options
    Question for those that have had trust issues and no longer do, or jealousy issues - how do you get over them?
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    In for round two of awesome and bringing my rainbows and unicorns with me!

lisafrank+unicorns.gif
    Dear god, I had one exactly like that growing up lol.

*Reads thread*