Women in relationships aren't allowed to have male friends?

Replies

• delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    If I found out that my wife was friends with a man, I would freak the heck out. What is this, Gommorrah?
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    unicorn.jpg
    I don't even care where it's coming from. CANDY!!!! <3
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Un-believ-able.

Good show everyone, good show. I would like to thank God, my agent, the Academy for bestowing this...

Wait, that's my planned Oscars acceptance speech for best supporting poster in a motion thread.

Love it! I feel like I totally missed out by sleeping last night...
  • Collier78
    In for round two of awesome and bringing my rainbows and unicorns with me!

lisafrank+unicorns.gif

Unicorns are for Gangstas!
    (YouTube/nicepeter....it's life changing)
  • Collier78
    Question for those that have had trust issues and no longer do, or jealousy issues - how do you get over them?

For me I am with someone that trusts me 100% and gives me no reason to doubt him. You can judge the current by the past. You may get hurt, but you have to give each relationship a clean slate in order for it to have a chance. Then eventually you are with someone that doesn't let you down.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Question for those that have had trust issues and no longer do, or jealousy issues - how do you get over them?

By doing this?

jealousy_zps229dda63.jpg
    According to all the 50 Shaders, that kind of behavior is not only romantic, but desirable, so go for it.
  • Collier78

By doing this?

jealousy_zps229dda63.jpg
    According to all the 50 Shaders, that kind of behavior is not only romantic, but desirable, so go for it.

And that is the start to a whole other thread...Grrr...that book was dissapointing...
  • Collier78

By doing this?

jealousy_zps229dda63.jpg

And that is the start to a whole other thread...Grrr...that book was dissapointing...
    was it really intended to be a book to read? or act out?

I'm not sure at this point...LOL my husband bought it for me after hearing about it on Good Morning America....I told him to go read "Spare me the Roses, Give me the Thorns" and tell me which one he would rather try..:wink:
  • rml_16

By doing this?

jealousy_zps229dda63.jpg

was it really intended to be a book to read? or act out?
    If you acted it out in real life, someone would get arrested fro stalking and hostage-taking.

And the sex stuff? Eh. Dull. Made me never want to have sex again.

But the real crime was the terrible, awful, horrible, shameful writing.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I just couldn't read all the responses...I tried really I did but wow.

I am married, happily to the man of my dreams, there is trust, honor and honesty in our relationship....

Me being friends with guys is not issue..why would it be???? WE HAVE TRUST, besides my husband likes it when other men flirt with me...he's a sadistic SOB and when they thing they've got me he swooshes in and claims the prize..me.

Now on that note it's the GF's you have to worry about...take this situation...

As a pub with a guy friend...having a beer laughing etc...no guys are gonna hit on you...esp your friend...I mean he's your friend.
    At the same pub with GF's and every guy will hit on you...

As for Texting or gaming with guys...my husband can read my text messages whenever he wants and I game too and flirt online as my husband sits beside me...whatever

But that being said...he's not my BF...he's my husband...and we don't believe in divorce so not like either of us are going anywhere.

Oh and that argument of "it's not you I don't trust it's him" is BS too...

And what if that guy friend is gay????

I mean come on people....I am not a feminist or anything and I will be friends with wth I want.
  • rml_16

If you acted it out in real life, someone would get arrested fro stalking and hostage-taking.

And the sex stuff? Eh. Dull. Made me never want to have sex again.

But the real crime was the terrible, awful, horrible, shameful writing.
    apparently your sex life wasn't good to begin with if this book killed it off......I've read better...but its usually something else that makes me not want to have sex again.
    My sex life is pretty awesome, actually. The sex scenes in that book were stomach-churningly awful. And repetitive. And there was not one "shocking" thing about any of it.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Un-believ-able.

Good show everyone, good show. I would like to thank God, my agent, the Academy for bestowing this...

Wait, that's my planned Oscars acceptance speech for best supporting poster in a motion thread.

Ha! That will teach you to sleep and miss out on all the good stuff.
  • Collier78
    Un-believ-able.

Ha! That will teach you to sleep and miss out on all the good stuff.

Right?!? Damn my bodies insufferable need to rest!!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member

First, I developed self esteem - being in any relationship without it is not a good idea.

Then, I decided that I could only control my own choices in the relationship. I am going to trust the other person and I cannot control what the other person decides to do with my trust.
  • Collier78

My sex life is pretty awesome, actually. The sex scenes in that book were stomach-churningly awful. And repetitive. And there was not one "shocking" thing about any of it.
    I dont think the book was suppose to shock......I think it was geared toward getting that type of play accepted without going overboard......

I mean we aren't spinning people on wheels here.......well not all of us.

Speak for yourself! It wears the gimp suit or it gets the spankin...LOL
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    I can't believe this post is still going! LOL!
  • Collier78
    I can't believe this post is still going! LOL!

I think at this point, most of us are just bored and hoping RawFoods comes back to argue...:happy:
  • rml_16

I dont think the book was suppose to shock......I think it was geared toward getting that type of play accepted without going overboard......

I mean we aren't spinning people on wheels here.......well not all of us.
    Well, many, many, many women were shocked by it and they happen to be the women in the target audience, so I think it was meant to shock.

Also, the characters in the book did go overboard. Ana safeworded in a scene and Christian got angry with her and stopped speaking to her because of it.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    If I found out that my wife was friends with a man, I would freak the heck out. What is this, Gommorrah?

jealousy1_zps6d2820d1.jpg
    Stop stealing my baby pictures...that's creepy:angry:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    IMO if a female can't have male friends because of a relationship, there's a self esteem issue with the female. Letting her man control the situation isn't going to end up being a better relationship down the road. And vice versa if it were a man in the same position.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition