Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newlings!!:flowerforyou:

@susan--love the quote!

@alupinsk--I think as long as you even out over the week, it doesn't matter if you eat less one day and more the next. In fact, it can actually help you avoid plateaus b/c if you eat the same calories every day, your body adjusts your metabolism (slows it down) to meet the new lower intake. When you switch it up from day to day, your metabolism may keep burning at a faster rate for longer b/c it can't predict the intake. This is called zig-zagging your calories and many people set up schedules to do it on purpose.

@michelle & p1xy--congrats on moving down to the next "decade"! :drinker:

@nicole--thanks! He really is a pretty dog with gorgeous markings--people driving by in their cars will slow down to tell me so as I'm walking him. LOL! And boy does he know it! He has quite the strut--reminds me of a racehorse as he prances around. I wish he were more photogenic b/c I don't have many good pics of him. The one in my profile is from his "graduation" from doggy training.

@gorilla & tammy--sorry about your car issues. :grumble: Mine's getting quite old (it's a 2003) and is in need of a tune up--your posts reminded me that I need to call to see if I can get it in next monday since I'm off for Veteran's Day.

@holly--I'm a talented caulker--my husband is NOT. A few tips: your finger is the best caulking tool--forget about all of the little plastic doohickeys the hardware store sells--just lay the bead and smooth it with your finger. Keep a damp towel handy to wipe your finger off after each contact with the caulk--make sure it's a towel you plan to throw away. Finally, buy a small tube of caulk b/c it tends to go bad pretty quickly if not sealed very tightly--it actually turns a moldy green. :sick: Good luck! :flowerforyou:

@sjacobs--it's possible that all of your lifting is causing your muscles to retain water while recovering--that could be a reason the scale's not moving. Don't get discouraged--just try to focus on getting healthier/stronger vs. the number on the scale. I know it's easier said than done :ohwell: --patience, grasshopper.

@robin--I was just reading a fb friend's post with similar symptoms. Several people suggested it might be strep or mono. I know both are going around, so I hope whatever is going on with you, the doc gets you fixed up quickly.

@kelley & laurie--I'm also addicted to Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch. :blushing:

@nettie--yeah, b/c gunner is so unpredictable, we try to have my husband walk him only when I absolutely can't. And when the DH takes him, he doesn't let him have any contact with other dogs--even ones he's met before. Memorial Day 2012 I was in MI for a funeral and DH stayed home with gunner. He was walking him, and a neighbor's dog was loose and ran over. My husband misjudged the signals, and the other dog attacked gunner's face missing his eye by millimeters. Some teens driving by stopped to help him pull off the attacking dog, and then the owners came out to get her. The police came and drove DH and gunner the half block home. I had just pulled into the driveway (after a morning at my uncle's funeral followed by a 5-hour drive home) to see the cop car pull up and my gunner covered in blood. We had to take him to emergency (it was sunday evening)--he had some deep puncture wounds to his face, but no permanent damage. I don't know if I would have been able to prevent the skirmish, but I think gunner provoked her with his body language which I might have noticed and been able to correct. Not blaming the DH--he just isn't as good at reading gunner's signals.

@meister--Great job noticing those negative thought patterns and turning them around. :drinker: On a random note--I can't stand milk, so every time you mention drinking it, my inner voice goes "blech" and apparently I make a nasty face at the computer b/c my husband noticed it and asked "what are you reading that's making you look so grossed out?" :laugh: :laugh: Apparently, I have some "issues." :blushing:

Monday Check in:
    Well, my student teacher didn't finish the essays he was supposed to grade. :mad: He really had no excuse except that he was sick all weekend and between that and family stuff, didn't have time. I had no choice but to take them off of 1st quarter b/c my grades were due at noon. However, we had a long talk about the importance of meeting deadlines despite other obligations or circumstances. I would be angrier, but I know it wasn't just that he blew it off or was being lazy--he just grades so slowly. I could have graded all 53 essays in a couple of hours (they are very short, in-class essays, so no need to grade mechanics). I've tried to show him how to be more efficient, but I'm not sure it's helping. He writes way too many comments on their papers (which most of them won't read anyways). I've told him we have a grading rubric so he doesn't need to mark so much on the essay itself, but he's struggling with this. Not sure how else to help him. :ohwell:

We had this talk after school today, which meant I didn't get home in time to walk gunner before my blood donation appt. Tomorrow, I will take him and then go to the gym.

It's Bears vs. Packers tonight--so GO BEARS!!! :drinker: Bears are up 17-10--McGowan is looking good!

1. x/53 Junior in-class essays (student teacher will do these)
    2. 4/53 vocabulary
    3. x/53 character journals
    4. x/73 AP journals

Exercise goals:
    Mon-walk gunner NOT DONE (blood donation) DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)--depending on how I feel after monday's blood donation
    Wed--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Thurs--nada--Parent.Teacher conferences until 7 pm
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (5k)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 65
    Dead lift = 65
    Squat = 70
    Overhead press = 50

Upright row = 40 (kettle bell)
    Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Alupinski-Only eating 500 calories on Monday and Tuesday is not a smart thing to do because you are starving your body. The body thinks the food is not available which will cause it to store more fats and carbs the rest of the week. Needless to say, you can actually gain weight if t continues. It is okay to zig-zag calories and a few others on here have done it so they can offer there suggestions. What are your daily calories? Remember that MFP figures in a 500 calories reduction automatically and you should eat at least 1200 calories daily or find your BMI and BMR to determine how many calories you need to carry out basic life function while resting. I am sure someone else can give a better description of BMR.

Robin- I have also been hooked on spider solitaire especially the 4 suite deck.

Karen- I finished grading those papers, tomorrow I need to enter the last grades and finalize the comments. Today, was a grading frenzy during planning periods and so happy that they are finished but the unit test grades were bad. Congrats on finishing your grading and finishing the first marking period. I will most likely do a Turkey trot if the running store down the street from me hosts it this year. I had a great time last year. Good luck with your turkey trot.

michelle- Congrats on the loss.

sjacobs- Congrats on losing the inches, there are times when that is better than the scale moving. Awesome victory.

Gorilla- Hope the car gets fixed soon or you buy a new car.

Welcome to the new people.

Check in- The weekend was okay but busy. This week will also be busy so I am making more time to exercise I hope. I added another session with my trainer mostly to make sure I will get the long run done on Wednesday along with a core and strength training workout. I must admit, I am a wimp when it comes to running by myself. I prefer to have someone else running with me or at least providing encouragement. It is still to easy for me to stop running when I am tired of it or my legs hurt. I am starting to develop a plan for the run on Nov. 17th so I will participate for fun and not push to do a better time than my first 5K. I also need to remember that this will be my first time running outside in the fall so that will affect my time as well. I just hope it is not as windy as it was this past weekend.

What challenges did we decide on for November?
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    first its so inspirational to read the sunday share's. made my morning.

a lil late but i'll share. i'm sharon, from pennsylvania, 48 years young :bigsmile: married 26 years, 2 daughters 25 and 18, my husband supports me through all of this, he is my workout partner and pushes me in the gym. we actually compete against each other on cardio to see who can burn the most or go the furthest :love: i joined in september, shawn and i are going the virgin islands in april and this has been my reason for finally getting this done. we have gone to the gym before, i've tried ww and nothing has ever worked. this time i'm seeing a difference i'm just not patient. i will not give up because i have to get it done. all support, advice, help, encouragement is welcome.

monday check in i thought i did great over the weekend but the scale again didn't budge. we did backs and biceps friday night, saturday was legs, squats and a few shoulders, sunday was chest and triceps all with added cardio. this morning i'm back to jillian and 30 day shred. i stayed within my calories and ate really well, or so i thought. it's so frustrating. on another note i did my 2 week measurements. overall for october 14 lbs, and 14.5 inches i'm not complaining i just wish the scale would show more. my endurance is getting better, my suit this morning i buttoned and it didn't pull i actually had some room.

have a beautiful day, good thoughts and vibes to everyone, and finish strong!

Sharon - Where are you from in PA? I grew up in western PA near Erie. Also, I'm going to the Virgin Islands in April too. My son and I are taking a 7-day cruise on Princess. I can't wait!!!
  • susan2396
    Options
    Monday Check-In: Overall, it's been a good day. I went with a supplier to visit their manufacturing plant up in Utah. I love the drive as you move from desert into the mountains. Simply gorgeous. I had a good session with the trainer tonight. I had already done 60 minutes on the treadmill and then 50 minutes with her. I think my glutes and biceps are going to be sore in the AM though. We really focused on those two areas pretty hard, but I'm ready to push to the next level. I'm just exhausted tonight so heading to bed very, very soon. I'm really focusing on my week ahead - staying under every day, increasing my water intake, getting some type of movement every day and trying to smile more often.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in: After a bad couple of days, I am back on track today. Saturday and Sunday were hard food-wise. I wound up not even logging all of my food. I don't think that I actually went over very far, but just couldn't get my head around everything. As I said, today was good.
    DD finally had her final inspection for becoming a foster parent, and it went well. They will probably have kids with them soon. I'm excited for them. It will add a new dimension to the family for all of us.
    Good night. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    So the new fitbit is fun. First day made 8500 or so steps and the next one 11,000 steps and yesterday 10200. Did not think that I could do so many while at work at my desk job. So I surprised myself. Scale though has not moved for a week. Grump grump. On a more positive note, my team mate told me that I do not wheeze at flyball practice any more when I am running with my dog(s). I never knew that I wheezed at all. Blame it on my poor hearing. But that is really positive - scale be damned,

I have changed my parking at work so now I have to walk up a big hill to get to my vehicle. No choice. It is 57 km home so up the hill I must go. An if I want to go out at lunch I must also walk up the hill. Also I am using the far bathroom instead of the close one. Games I play with myself.

Sorry to hear of the health struggles people are having. Wishing you the best possible outcomes. And some of you are exercise demons burning up the calories. Phew!!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goal - To get through week 1 of Gilad's Quick Fit Exercise Program. Day 1 yesterday was successful.
    If anyone is interested in more details about my workout, I posted info yesterday in my blog. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/nettie11776

Just a story I wanted to share. Yesterday I cooked dinner for my husband and I to have. I am a vegetarian and he isn't. I made roasted brussel sprouts with garlic, thyme and rosemary, roasted red potatoes with leeks and for him sausage, peppers and onions - I de-glazed the pan with some white wine. We also had salads with freshly squeezed lime juice as the dressing. I serve up dinner serving myself first so I can visually take 1 portion of the potatoes. When I created the recipe I entered it for 4 people. It was easier to divide the square pans into 4 equal parts then take my portion. I finish eating and watched Brian finish off his plate. Usually he would go back for more potatoes or meat. He just sat there. That's not like him at all. I then asked if dinner was ok. He responded "Delicious" Then I asked why he wasn't going back for seconds. He responded "You keep feeding me all this yummy food. That is why I have all of this. <rubs his belly> I am not going to lose any weight if I eat too many calories." Wahoo!!!!! NSV - my husband is going to get healthy with me after all! I still can't get him to join MFP but I'll take him eating healthier and exercising with me on weekends. :love:

Kah68 - Thanks for those links. I will check them out. Iceland/Greenland - wow. That would be a great cruise.

Robin - Thank you! I am so so so happy I am back and getting healthy.

sjacobs425- That is great that you and your husband work out together. Having his support sure makes a world of difference. Congratulations for your October loss. I hope November is a successful month for you as well!

mnwalkingqueen- You are a brave lady to try caulking. I don't know if I am brave enough for something like that.

naceto & skinnyjeanz - I am a Walking Dead fan too. I recently got into watching Talking Dead following the show. That show just makes me laugh.

cassidysmommy - Welcome to the group! Just jump right in and join us. I am the same as you. I get overwhelmed if I try to do too much at once. I think that is a wise decision to ease yourself into it. Feel free to send me a friend request. I am always looking to expand my support team. :flowerforyou:

p1xyn1xy- Sounds like you had a fun weekend. What a great NSV on passing over the desert table and making better choices! Sorry to hear about your party crashers, that is just not right. I am glad to hear Quinn had a good time at the party. Congrats on your loss and being into a new number bracket. How exciting!

Michelle- Congrats on your loss as well!

Alupinsk - I really do not know the answer to your question. Sorry. I am sure someone else here will be able to help you with that.

Susan - Michelangelo is my favorite artist. Thanks for the quote!

Skinnyjeanz- Oh my goodness how horrible. I remember years ago when I was living at my parents house and out walking one of my dogs. A dog came out of no where and attacked us. The neighbors heard my screams and the dogs fighting and came running out to help me. Thankfully my dog, a big fluffy collie, had so much fur that the bites didn't do any damage. Another time I came home from a walk and reached my property. I was about to take his leash off (my dogs have always been trained not to leave the property) when a dog came out of nowhere and attacked us. I've never seen my dog like that but he pounced on the other dog to protect me and bit him. The other dog ran off. Ugh to your student teacher not finishing grading those essays.
  • sjacobs425
    sjacobs425 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    wooo hooo so i'm going to try and post to others.. lol lets see how this goes.
    tuesday - update on goals. well, i'm always adjusting my goals. 20 lbs by dcecember 1st. Lord help me. according to mfp when i complete my diary it has me there, so i just have to get the scale to get in sync with mfp.... hmmmm that should be interesting. :bigsmile:

cassidysmommy - feel better, the fact that you can do anything with a double ear infection is kudos to you :( feel better soon the rest will come easy.

p1xyn1xy- thanks, he is my biggest supporter and best friend. every morning he text me from the job site when he knows i'm doing jillian 30ds and tells me how proud he is of me. it means everything, knowing i could be laying in bed but i'm doing my workout and he supports that.
    i've been doing it about 3 weeks. i took all last week off had 2 1/2 weeks in but last week i was just exhausted. but that's when i noticed in my inches, (i do every 2 weeks) that only 1 week of ds gave me less in inches lost. so i'm back hard core :)

michelleborma-congrats!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so where you are... short term goal 250's i can't wait to get the scale to move!!! stay on cloud 9 it's motivation!!!

Alupinsk-can you eat thru the night? some nuts, cheese stick, a protein shake or bar? something to get some calories?

susan2396 - first, i LOVE the quote!!! i'm always aiming higher and if i don't reach it, i know i have to push harder. i do it on the elliptical and the arc too. aim to low we get complacent :wink: I'm in chambersburg, south of harrisburg. right in central PA. been here all my life (well except 6 months i spent in colorado springs). as for the virgin islands, i won a trip all expense paid through work, for my husband and i. i will also turn 49 that week and we will spend a week there. it's been on my bucket list and i'm so excited to go. it's the last week of april and i really want to wear a bikini... my heart starts to race at the thought, but it's really what i want!!! a cruise!!! ahhhh i went on one in 2008 and then my husband bought a boat, lol he tells me i don't need a cruise ship now :ohwell:

skinnyjeanzbo- thank you... my new nickname 'grasshopper' and my daddy (r.i.p) always told me patience was a virtue, one i was not born with. some things never change. i appreciate the input about the muscles holding the water. could be! my endurance is getting stronger and....AND ...i'm getting up at 5 a.m. and working out too. pat on my back for that little NSV lol :blushing: gunner is adorable!!!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Lauriek70-great job on additional trainer time. you got this!!!

grandmakaye44 - bad days make us appreciate staying the course. keep up the great work! you are magnificent!

Kookyk9s -great trick on moving the parking spot. isn't it amazing at how we would have never thought of those little things. :drinker: high five to you!!!

nettie11776-great story! it's the small things and as long as we stay the course they eventually jump on board. keep going! roasted brussel sprouts.. :sick: i'm not sure i could eat those... i might have to try though, i'm really changing all my eating habits. i honestly don't know that in 48 years i've ever had a brussel sprout... thanks, :smooched: i'm hoping for big things in november too!!

phew... this took a while, i probably missed some, i'm sorry, i will try more tomorrow.

ps - to my friend gorilla, hope you are well and the car situation is getting better.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Just a quick stop by after reading a thread....good reminder to us that it's okay that it might be taking us some time to get where we want to be...I also had a friend (not on MFP) that she lost a lot of weight in a very short time by going to extremes (basically only salads, fruits and veggies without enough protein) that lost her hair. She then gained almost all of her weight back and then the second time around did it "properly" :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1130756-cautionary-tale-don-t-lose-weight-too-fast
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals!
    I'm just going to keep going as I am right now. The only change I'm making is to increase my water. My plan is that before I can have a Diet Coke, I have to drink three glasses. I think this will be quite effective. lol!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks. I am doing fairly well today. I got a nice long walk in with the dogs yesterday and I have done 20 min on the bike so far today. I didnt get the resistance training done yesterday. I kept letting things get in my way but I will do it today. My ar is still in the shop because they cant figure out where the noise is coming from. I was doing great with the food yesterday but didnt really feel like cooking dinner so my daughter went out to get something and "nice" girl that she is she brought jack in the box home for mom. I know I could have not ate it but I did.Ughhhh. Well it could have been alot worse if I hadnt done so well over the rest of the day. I am doing good so far today and have dinner all planned out so nothing should get me this time, lol.
    My goals for the week are to get my workouts in and I am trying to tweak my eating to up my protein. I have always considered myself a carnivore but when I look at my macros my protein is always super low. Any ideas on ways to help this will be appreciated. Have a great day everyone.:flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :drinker:
  • susan2396
    Options
    Tuesday Goal – I don’t really have any new goals. I do need to drink more water though. I’ve really cut back on Diet Coke, which is huge for me. I just need to increase the water intake.

@ Robin - How are you feeling? Are you finally back to your old self? Been thinking about you.

@ Nettie – I loved your post!! I know you’ve been really hoping for the hubby to jump on board. Little changes will make a huge difference. I’m so happy for you!!!

@ sjacobs425 – Love the hubs comment on the boat. Is he your little cabana boy too and brings you pretty drinks with umbrellas? LOL!!

@ Gorilla – Any update on the car? I really despise them and the overall maintenance. I have a 2000 Toyota 4Runner with 186,000, which runs unbelievably well. Everyone keeps telling me I should get 250-300K out of it so we’ll see. I know it’s tough to deal with so I hope you find something soon. Regarding the eating and drinking, you ate like that last weekend so do not do it again this weekend!!

@ Kelly - Iceland/Greenland would be amazing! My big one is going to be Greece, but definitely need a few years to save for that one.

@ Cassidysmommy - Welcome to the group! Hopefully, you can check in daily. It really helps so much to keep me on track that’s for sure.

@ Karen – I remember when I did my student teaching. I had a great teacher! I’ve never had to grade essays though so I would probably be a little slow as well, but if that’s his major he’ll definitely need to pick things up. Perhaps another team teacher or co-worker could share what they do. Like our children they all learn differently. He may just need a different perspective on grading styles. Just throwing ideas out there. I was elementary though so high school may be completely different.

@ Ashley – Thanks for sharing the link to your friends story. I know that took a lot of courage for her to share. Good for her! A few people’s comments really irk me though. This is why I love our group. Everyone is very supportive. I don’t mind a little kick in the pants once in a while, but it’s done in the right way. I know a few people told me to quit focusing on the past and move forward. It’s hard to let go of those old feelings, but they were right on target.

@ p1xyn1xy- I’m so glad you enjoyed the dinner theater and made some good choices too. Very proud of you! It sounds like we both have a little addiction to Diet Coke. LOL!!!

@ Kaye – So you had a few off days with eating, but you’re right back on track and that’s what matters. I’m so happy for your daughter. There are so many children in our foster care system who need a home. When I was living in Atlanta, I use to volunteer with a program to help foster kids. I truly loved working with the families. I think all of you will be blessed by the kids who come through their doors.

@ Kookyk9s – You’ll be addicted to that crazy FitBit before you know it. I’ll get the e-mail that I’ve almost hit my 10,000 and before you know it I’m finding extra steps to reach my goal. I love some of the little changes you made to get moving. It’s those little things that truly count. Good for you!!!

@ Jtconst – It’s so tough when we’re working so hard and we get a “little” derailed. I know our loved ones mean well, but sometimes it’s so hard. I know my Office Manager always has something in the kitchen. Today are these massive Double Chocolate Chunk Muffins. Seriously.
  • susan2396
    Options
    With Tuesday's Goals, I just received my weekly update from FitBit. I guess my exercise goals for next week should be to surpass these goals from the past week, 10/28/2013 to 11/03/2013. Not bad numbers overall.

WEEK'S MOST ACTIVE DAY - Thu, Oct 31 (surprise, surprise with Halloween)
    WEEK'S LEAST ACTIVE DAY - Sat, Nov 2

TOTAL STEPS - 81,217
    DAILY AVERAGE - 11,602 steps
    BEST DAY - 16,885 steps

TOTAL DISTANCE - 38.27 miles
    DAILY AVERAGE - 5.47 miles
    BEST DAY - 7.86 miles

TOTAL FLOORS CLIMBED - 42
    DAILY AVERAGE - 6 floors
    BEST DAY - 10 floors

TOTAL CALS BURNED - 21,766
    DAILY AVERAGE - 3,109 cals
    BEST DAY - 3,605 cals

AVG SLEEP DURATION - 6 hrs 9 min
    AVG TIMES AWAKENED - 6
    AVG TIME TO FALL ASLEEP - 0hrs 6min
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Susan - thanks for asking about me - I'm still sick - I'm seeing an ENT specialist tomorrowafternoon in fact, and cant wait.

Skinny - I did have a negative strep test, but no mono test. I'm hoping at age 62 I'm beyond the age group for that! Maybe the doc will run one anyway, I do have many of the symptoms. :laugh:

Hello to everyone and glad we all got through another day! Yesterday I was so fatigued it took me all day just to clean my two bathrooms. I'd clean a sink and go sit down for 20 minutes, then clean a toilet and sit for 20 minutes, then clean a mirror.... ditto. Can't wait to get some answers. Today I had a 3 hour "How to Go Through a Job Application and Interview" conference that was very interesting but I'm afraid I wasn't concentrating as well as I could have been .... luckily they had hand-outs that I can study later.

Laurie - we never got around to setting up November challenges. Want to set them up for us? I'd be happy to let you be in charge of them this month!

Soooo, to celebrate my impending better health at the hands of the medical professionals, I have opened a bottle of wine tonight - raspberry - doesn't that sound delightful?! :blushing:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Robin~I'm sorry you're still not feeling well, I hope the ENT can provide some insight.

@Susan~What Princess ship will you be on? I'll be on the Coral in March. Fab job with the Fitbit!

@Tammy~Shakes with protein powder is a great way to get in extra protein (good for post workout recovery also). Turkey or beef jerky, greek yogurt, turkey from the deli (make sure its all natural without fillers or preservatives). Quest protein bars and Luna Protein bars are also good.

I've had a crazy day, just got home & I'm exhausted. I'll catch up tomorrow. Have a great night!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    bump :smooched:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Robin- I will be happy to take on the November challenges. Here are a few suggestions to get us started.

November challenges
    1. Take on extra exercise or do some special event. For example: A turkey trot, a community walk/run etc. Something that will get you moving more often as the holidays approaching.
    2. Lose 2-3 pounds this month
    3. To get healthy again- time for all the sickness to go away.
    4. Other suggestions

Karen- The only cure for learning to grade faster is the more you do it the faster you get. Regretfully, he will need to learn the hard way.

Nettie- Roasted asareagus (sp?) sounds great.

Goals- To lose 4 pounds this month for good.

I finished my grades today after several marathon grading sessions and entering grades into the computer. All I need to do now is print the grade verification sheet and double check the grades.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Skinny - I did have a negative strep test, but no mono test. I'm hoping at age 62 I'm beyond the age group for that! Maybe the doc will run one anyway, I do have many of the symptoms. :laugh:

I hope you feel better!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @laurie--congrats on finishing your grades, and I agree about my student teacher just needing more practice. He did finish the papers to hand back in class today which is good since they have another in-class essay tomorrow. Thanks for taking on the november challenges for us--I think they all look great!

@robin--hope the ENT has some answers for you tomorrow. :flowerforyou:

@susan--thanks for the suggestion about having another teacher share strategies. He actually already works with my department chair (we share him), and I know she's having similar issues with him. I guess we just have to keep trying.

@tammy--I like low-fat cottage cheese, greek yogurt, and protein bars as protein rich snacks. Oh, and peanut butter--I can never have too much peannut butter. :laugh:

@p1xy--I have a similar rule--if I'm in the mood for a diet coke at work, I must drink my 32 oz water bottle first.

@sjacobs--great job on the personals! :drinker:

@nettie--I love Talking Dead--chris hardwick is just adorable!

Sorry if I missed some folks--I'll catch you on the next round.

Tuesday Goal: (brace for rant)
    It has little to due with fitness although I guess it is related to my mental health--to not let my crazy MIL drive me bonkers! She calls 4-5 times a day but leaves no message (she doesn't realize we can see when she calls on the phone log). Then DH tells me she left a message for me to discuss christmas--really?!? We haven't even figured out thanksgiving yet.

So she calls today as I'm getting ready to go to the gym and I answer. She immediately starts talking to me about my DH--going on and on about how she's so worried about him. When's the last time he went to the doctor? Is he monitoring his blood pressure? Has he cut down on the smoking at all since I quit? He's not drinking too much beer is he? I basically tell her he's an adult so I don't keep track of things like his doctor visits.

She then goes into the whole discussion about how she's worried he's depressed and needs to see a counselor about his negative feelings about his childhood. I'm completely flummoxed and tell her so--he hasn't discussed any painful childhood stories with me. She says he's shared some negative feelings about his stepdad and that he resents her for not being there enough b/c she was a single mom for most of his childhood. None of this is making any sense b/c there's NO WAY my husband would share this with her. It's common knowledge that neither he nor his siblings cared for their stepdad, and he's shared with me that his mom wasn't "great" but he accepts that she did the best she could. His sister feels the same way--they don't celebrate her as best mom ever, but they hold no grudges.

Anyways, after all of this I tell my DH and he's shocked. He confirms what I suspected--he's NEVER had any such conversations with his mom. Even before this happened he and I have been concerned about her mental health. Beyond the occasional forgetfulness, she sometimes just doesn't make sense. It's like she's living in an altered reality. Last year she planned an entire intervention for my BIL b/c she was convinced he was bi-polar. She specifically called me and said she did NOT want my DH and I to come--we couldn't anyways b/c she had it on a friday at noon. Several months later she got into a huge fight with my husband b/c we didn't go to the intervention. I swear she's losing it, big time. She's always been dramatic and manipulative, but now she's just, plain making things up.

I'm not really even sure what to do. I ended my call with her by telling her I would certainly be on the lookout for any signs that my husband needs counseling, but that I would also be sharing our conversation with him b/c I'm not comfortable discussing him behind his back. She said that was fine, so apparently she really believes he's shared these "childhood traumas" with her. I know she'll try calling to "follow up" with me. My husband will certainly call her and confront her about all of this, but if she's still tries to talk to me about it, what do I do. Do I avoid her calls? Do I just tell her I think she's meddling and trying to create drama? She's not the type to let things go easily.

Ugh, the holidays are going to be joyous. :grumble:

Well, if you made it that far, thanks for listening.

1. 53/53 Junior in-class essays (student teacher will do these) DONE
    2. 4/53 vocabulary
    3. x/53 character journals
    4. x/73 AP journals

Exercise goals:
    Mon-walk gunner NOT DONE (blood donation) DONE
    Tues--walk gunner NOT DONE (rain) + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE
    Wed--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Thurs--nada--Parent.Teacher conferences until 7 pm
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (5k)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 70
    Dead lift = 70
    Squat = 75
    Overhead press = 50

Upright row = 40 (kettle bell)
    Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @ Kris aka MowMow - I miss you!!!! How's the new job? Did the other one every come to fruition? I know you have limited Internet access and time during the day so that's why we're not seeing you much and you're becoming a social butterfly with all your new church activities (good for you!!!), but I miss you!! Just thinking about you.

Oh my gosh, I just saw this tonight. I've been logging on every day and answering my PMs but I haven't kept up here and I sure as heck haven't been watching what I ate.

New job is EXHAUSTING. It's busybusybusybusy during the day (which is great, the day flies by) and then by the time I commute home I'm pooped out! By the time I get home I'm STARVING (I'm used to eating @ 4:30... now I'm lucky if I"m eating by 5).

The second job never called me back.. jerks.

I am super busy with church stuff/book clubs and other stuff. I'm only home in the evenings on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday evenings... Saturday has become my go to day to get EVERYTHING done including cooking (which has to be done or I'll get take out on the way home).

I appreciate your thoughts :) I THINK i'm getting it under control. Tonight is my first night of not just PIGGING out. I planned my day with enough food spread out at the times to keep me from going crazy and bingeing.

Right now all thoughts of 'clean' eating and trying to schedule exercise are on hold. I'll eat what I need to in order to stay under my macros and right now I'm too tired to walk to the bathroom much less exercise. Those will wait a little bit.

Skimming over how everyone is doing in the new rollover. Will try to check once a day during my lunch hour at work (when I take one).