30 day shred october 21th !!! Anyone!!!

Options

Replies

• olalola1981
    olalola1981 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 6 done! Over that halfway hump! Feels good to get the workout in before work...

Frustrated as I've managed to put on 1.5 lbs in the last week! I've upped my calories and my reps on crunches, squats and planks so that probably is why but still feeling a bit demoralised right now :ohwell: Gonna keep going though!!

As much as I hate to admit it, I get just as excited as the next gal when the numbers on my scale head down...so I am preaching to myself as well when I tell you all:

IGNORE THAT STUPID SCALE! What does it know about the wonderful, healthy things you are doing for your body???

Can the scale measure how much fat you are losing?? NO!

Does it see the muscles you are building?? NO!

Can the scale tell that you are getting stronger? NO!

Does it indicate the improvement to your cardiovascular health? NO!

Can it measure inches lost? NO!

Does the scale know how accomplished you feel when you finish a badass workout? NO!

All the scale can do is tell you the effect of gravity on your body. What does that tell you? NOTHING!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0J2n02KRhbLkYSXfVWVF-1i0eiqiHfqk8DljRdiwghcgsXGBT

Ugh you're so right!!! Thanks for the butt kicking, I needed that! I especially like the gravity bit - never thought of it that way :happy: Going to do some yoga tonight and get some perspective :)
  • sslopez24
    sslopez24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Level 3 day 2 is done! I am feeling sore in the arms today!! But I am still getting up 5:45 aM everyday and pushing myself. :heart:
    I hope you are all still pushing!! :flowerforyou:
  • karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have definitely lost more inches than pounds doing this workout. Started measuring a few weeks ago as the scale wasn't always that encouraging. Only 1 more pound to go until I've lost a stone. (I didn't lose a stone in just the last couple of weeks obv, I had been using MFP for 2.5 months before I started 30DS.) Hopefully Jillian can make me star jump that pound of fat off..

I actually way prefer Mr Motivator but hardly any of his workouts are on youtube. That man is a 90's god.
  • britfout
    britfout Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys i've been really sucking this past week.

Just started working again and have been super busy with that and trying to develop a routine.

I'm doing it tonight though and will post back when done! Now I have to do it because I told you guys I would :) you are all doing so great and I probably would've quit by now if I didn't have your posts to read for motivation! Thank you !
  • britfout
    britfout Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    LEVEL 2 DAY 4 DONE! YES!!!

It was so much more manageable with the 2 days off. I feel awesome now. Almost halfway there! Can't wait to see everyones final results.. everything is BURNING!
  • ritornare
    ritornare Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Doing level 2 day 7 later today :noway:
    I can't believe level 2 is almost over. On a side note, I'm currently wearing a pair of jeans that didn't really fit a month ago (before MFP and Jillian). I don't really know if it means anything because I have major difficulties in judging my physical apppearance and I am also reaaaally scared of the scale (:embarassed:), but it feels good.
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Doing level 2 day 7 later today :noway:
    I can't believe level 2 is almost over. On a side note, I'm currently wearing a pair of jeans that didn't really fit a month ago (before MFP and Jillian). I don't really know if it means anything because I have major difficulties in judging my physical apppearance and I am also reaaaally scared of the scale (:embarassed:), but it feels good.

Of course it means something. It means YOU ARE SHRINKING! :happy:
  • olalola1981
    Options
    The jeans test is the ultimate test I think so congrats!!

Level 2 Day 7 done. Only 3 more goes round of that horrible circuit 3 haha :laugh:
  • sslopez24
    Options
    LEVEL 2 DAY 4 DONE! YES!!!

It was so much more manageable with the 2 days off. I feel awesome now. Almost halfway there! Can't wait to see everyones final results.. everything is BURNING!

you're getting it done now, that's what matters! Maybe early morning, before work, etc... would be good for you. I have 3 kids and I workout at 5:45AM, take a shower, wake the kids to get ready, get my 2.5 yr old dressed and ready for drop-offs. start work at 8:30 am and I am feeling good. I am getting lazy now that it's colder in the morning but I do it!! :yawn: :drinker: No time to workout when I get home(practices, dinner, homework, showers). Morning is ME TIME!!!!:heart::heart:

LEVEL 3 DAY 3 done!!! Feeling buff today :bigsmile: My biceps are hard like a rock! Can't wait to see them more defined!!

Keep up the great work everyone!!!
  • Wanderer1224
    Wanderer1224 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    level 2 day 6 going strong!!!

Good job u alll!! u are doing great!!!!!!!!!!
    :smile:
  • olalola1981
    Options
    Level 2 Day 8 done this morning. I so didn't want to get up, the only thing that made me do it was remembering that once today was done I only have 2 more days of Level 2!! Feeling good, so glad for this thread keeping me honest :)
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 7 is done. This was probably my worse workout so far. Either I am coming down with something, or I need a rest and recovery day. I felt so blah...but I did it anyway! :tongue:

So who is planning on torturing themselved by doing "Ripped in 30" after they finish 30 Day Shred? I saw it at WalMart yesterday for around $10 so I picked it up. I think I must be looney tunes! :laugh:
  • angel0225mel
    angel0225mel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started 30 day shred last week... only doing 3 days out of 7. This week I've decided my routine will be everyday but 1 b/c I'm also doing 20-40mins on my elliptical! I've already seen a difference and I'm enjoying it! Everyone seems to having great results as well!!
  • angel0225mel
    angel0225mel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    And levels 2 & 3 are on Amazon for download for only 1.99 each big $$$ and time saver
  • olalola1981
    Options
    Level 2 Day 9 done. One. More. Day. Haha!!
    Level 2 Day 7 is done. This was probably my worse workout so far. Either I am coming down with something, or I need a rest and recovery day. I felt so blah...but I did it anyway! :tongue:

So who is planning on torturing themselved by doing "Ripped in 30" after they finish 30 Day Shred? I saw it at WalMart yesterday for around $10 so I picked it up. I think I must be looney tunes! :laugh:

I was blah today and yesterday! Only made myself workout with the exciting thought that we're nearly done with Level 2 :laugh: My calorie burn according to HRM was down significantly this morning but at least it's done. Maybe a sign that I need to get onto Level 3??

Definitely up for Ripped in 30 next!! I bought it from amazon last week and am looking forward to it :bigsmile: And, hey, we get rest days on RI30!!!
  • ritornare
    ritornare Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm up for Ripped in 30 too! :bigsmile:
  • TeshiaDula
    Options
    I'm in!
  • sslopez24
    Options
    I am totally up for ripped in 30!!! Need to get that bikini body for Hawaii May 2014! :bigsmile: :heart:
  • berwick13
    berwick13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Is this 30 day shred a CD you buy or? Just starting here so...looking for help. Thanks.:smile:
  • olalola1981
    Options
    Is this 30 day shred a CD you buy or? Just starting here so...looking for help. Thanks.:smile:

It's a dvd workout by Jillian Michaels. I think you can get it online too, maybe youtube, but I'm not sure about that. It's only 30 minutes a day so it's great to fit into your schedule.