Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Helenavee42
    Options
    Happy Monday. I am still here. I am trying to ease myself back into things.

Monday check-in: Had an ok weekend. My boyfriend threw me for a loop last night when he mentioned I probably shouldn't be eating ice cream since I had eaten it the night before and also earlier in the week. I am definitely glad he said something, while he could have worded it better I really need that kind of support. So I decided to not finish my ice cream. Funny enough after I put it in the trash I realized that I really didn't even want it or really like it much.

Robin- It's good news and bad news about my mom. It's good that one form shrank and nothing grew, and also that this chemo isn't as harsh. Bad new because the other form didn't respond to the first treatment which delayed the mastectomy. I hope your pain goes down even more.

Skinny- Yes the guy I am with now is the guy I had started dating last time I was posting regularly. (responding from last week)

Laurie- Great job on your 5K! Hope your hand is doing better.

MNwalking- Raking leaves can be a great work out. Sounds like your ex is a pretty good friend.

Nettie- Congrats on the loss. Keep up the good work! When you have more weight to lose it does come off faster.

Sjacobs- Congrats to your daughter on losing 6 lbs! You are having a good impression on her. Keep it up! You are right it is never too late to make that change.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
    Helena
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Okay I finally read through the weekend posts:

LaurieK- Glad your dad is doing better and your hand is not fractured.
    Tlh0407- Great job with the squats and have a wonderful trip
    Nettie- Wonderful job with your workouts
    Robin- I am glad the new meds take the pain level down some. Hope you get better soon.
    Pienthesky-Great NSV's
    Nzenczak-Great loss
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning. I think the puppy is trying to help me meat goals today. He keeps getting into things in the back of the house. Admittedly my house is small but walking down the hallway every five to ten min is bound to add up:laugh: My weekend was a lot of fun and really nice and totally sucked on the food front. Oh well that is the past and today is a new day. I am sitting here drinking my morning smoothie and have decided to get honest and adjusted my ticker to reflect the weight I gained over the last couple of months. My bike is sitting in the middle of the living room and wont be put up until I acculmulate 60 min on it. I have done the first ten so far. I totally prefer walking with or without the dogs but I know winter in yucky mucky western washington isnt going to cooperate a lot of the times so need to get a bike habit built.

Skinny I am happy to hear you weathered the storms ok. There were lots of anxious calls yesterday as most of my extended family lives in Illinois but they seemed to be out of the path of the worst of it. My cousin did post some skyline pics were they lived and those looked ominous enough. I miss storms living were I do but tornadoes are not good.
    SJacobs I understand completely how you must have felt about your daughter. None of my kids have weight issues as severe as mine though the oldest is getting close and I just hated seeing it thinking it was my fault. Thankfully in the last year they have seen my successes and have all started making some small changes to get things under control. It helps we are all super competitive so if mom could do t obviously they could do it to and better:tongue:
    Robin I am happy to hear there has been some releif but i hope they get the underlying cause diagnosed and fixed soon.
    Laurie you and Skinny are totally inspirational with your racing and awesome running victories.
    Nettie you and your husband are being so respoinsible in your vehicle purchase. I wish I could get my husband to approach it in that way. He is more of an impulse buyer and it has cost us plenty in the past that some research could have prevented.

Well everyone have a great day and lets kick this weeks butt!!!:flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :drinker:
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    First of all, Karen, I was relieved to hear that you weren't in the path of the tornadoes. How very scary for folks in the MidWest. My prayers and thoughts are out that way right now.

Checking in- Today, after work, I get to meet with the cardiologist. Just a follow up on some pains (not specifically in my chest) I've been having- likely nothing to get anxious about. After that, I get to have my first session with the personal trainer at the new gym. It is a shared session (for affordability), and I am super excited! The trainer is also the owner of the gym, who has lost 80 pounds herself.... so she knows where I'm coming from. Then I have an hour to kill before yoga class. I am wondering if training and then yoga on the same day will be a bad thing. We will have to see. Wish me luck!
  • angel4nature
    angel4nature Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

I am new to this thread. I am not new to trying to loose weight though. I am a mother of three wonderful children a 10 yr old boy, a 5 yr old girl and a 1.5 year old boy. I am a home school mom and I run my own in home daycare and preschool.

I have been overweight ever since I was in high school, but not too overweight then. I gained the freshmen 20 when I moved out of my mom's and then gained 60 when I got pregnant with my oldest. Though I did not gain with my last two during their pregancies due to gestational diabetes with them I did gain 40 and 46 pounds with each in the first year after. I am still nursing my youngest and thought that would help me loose but it has not.

Anyway I started today out great and hope to finish strong. My struggles over the weekend is with what to eat when I am home.

In general just looking for friends and support
  • michelleborman50
    michelleborman50 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    @MB-This thread is wonderfully supportive and the best I have found on here. I hope you join the thread. We would love to have you.

@susan5314-Welcome to the group!

@Robin-I am happy to hear you are getting some relief with the pain and am hoping it goes away completely very soon.

@Alupinsk-56#'s and 37 inches in 90 days is FANTASTIC!

@nettie-I also have done so much better the second time around. I contribute that to 3 things. 1) Understanding the site better. 2) This thread (for all the support) and 3) mindset. Great job on the 2.5 loss and make sure you share some of your recipes.

@skinnyjean- I would have been freaked out being in the gym alone during the storm. Glad you made it home safely.

@Luriek- Congrats on the 5k run

@kris1085- congrats on the weight loss.

sjacons-I am happy that your daughter joined mfp and with your support I am sure she will continue to do well. She is off to a fantastic start!

nzenczak- 6#'s is a huge loss in a week! Congrats!

AFM-Since I ate over my cals Saturday I cut out many calories yesterday. I am reading a book on carb shifting by Chris Powell (the guy who takes people and in a year they lose 100+ pounds. I am hoping to start the carb shifting next week. Thanks to all of you for your support regarding my exceeding my calories Saturday. Hope everyone has a great week.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @michelle--yeah, storms don't usually bother me, but the winds were scarily strong. :noway: Keep us posted on the carb shifting--I'm not familiar with that strategy. Is it anything like zig-zagging calories? Would love to hear how it works for you.

@angel--welcome to the thread! :flowerforyou:

@nicole--thanks--I don't think I could ever move south or southwest of chicago given how much more frequent the tornadoes are in that vicinity. Hope you training session goes well.

@tammy--glad to hear your family are all okay. I love hearing about your puppy--they certainly have a way of getting us up off our butts, don't they? Mine's 8 years old and he still keeps me moving! :laugh:

@holly--the girls' night sounds fun! :drinker: It's nice of your ex to fix your car--I agree with helena that he sounds like he makes a better friend than boyfriend.

@helena--it's nice that your boyfriend is supporting you, even if he didn't word it perfectly. That's a great lesson that sometimes our loved ones are trying to be helpful rather than critical. I guess sometimes it's how we choose to hear it that matters most. :smile:

@susan53--welcome! :flowerforyou:

@sjacobs--your post about your daughter made me smile! :happy: I don't have a daughter, but my younger sister struggles with her weight and I would love to inspire her to get healthier--especially now that she has a daughter of her own. She's doesn't eat terribly unhealthy food (she's a pescatarian, so lots of veggies and fish), but she's stretched so thin between work and being a mom, that she doesn't make time to take care of herself. Her husband is a great guy, but he DOES eat really crappy food and a lot of it. I feel like they need to make an effort together for it to work for them. Whenever I watch my niece, I cook them some of my quinoa salad or another healthy dish, which they love. Other than that though, I don't say anything about their need to get healthier--I know from my own experience that it needs to come from them, not from me.

@nettie--as long as you are eating and not hungry, I wouldn't worry about the bigger drops right now. I lost the first 25 pounds pretty quickly and I haven't struggled with keeping it off b/c I wasn't starving myself. I agree with helena that when we have more to lose it comes off quickly. I almost LOL'd when I read your suggestion that my DH and I cook a meal together. :laugh: We can do almost anything else collaboratively--yardwork, housecleaning, even remodeling our kitchen resulted in relatively few quibbles. However, cooking is the one thing we CANNOT do together! He gets bossy and patronizing, and I get cranky and defensive--it's not a good combination. :tongue:

@mel--it's important to allow yourself some leeway for special occasions like company and holidays. As I see it, these become the exception to my healthy "norm" versus my previous pattern of eating too many calories or too much junk the majority of the time with scattered attempts at being healthy. It sounds like you are right back on track today which is what really matters.

@nzenscak--congrats on the 6 lb loss! :flowerforyou: I did okay last week--after hovering around 190-192 for a few weeks, I dropped back down into the 180s and have stayed there 3 days in a row now. Hoping the scale continues to go down.

@kris--a 4 pound loss is fantabulous! :drinker:

Monday Check-in:
    I'm doing okay--today was a busy day at work, so I got less grading done than I would have liked. :ohwell: Collected 2 more diction analysis assignments from the juniors, but at least these are the last ones. They are taking a test on Wed., but I'm going to have my student teacher grade those.

I'm a huge Nirvana fan and today is the 20th anniversary of the taping of MTV's Unplugged: Nirvana Unplugged. It's one of my absolute favorite albums, and a colleague at work and I had a discussion about how much we miss that band. When they taped that show, Cobain was going through heroin withdrawal and had to take valium to ease the stomach cramps just to make it through the set. He performs so beautifully, it makes me wonder what he could have accomplished if not for the addiction. On the flip side, I absolutely love the Foo Fighters, and they may have never come to be if Cobain had lived--Dave Grohl might still just be the drummer for Nirvana.

Grading goals:
    1. 53/53 Diction analysis (3 & 4) DONE
    2. x/73 journal reflections
    3. letter of rec for a student
    4. prep Shakespeare monologues for this week
    5. x/53 Diction analysis (5 & 6)
    6. x/53 Diction analysis (7 & 8)

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Wed--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Thurs--walk gunner (have a late meeting to attend)
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (run 5k)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 75
    Dead lift = 75
    Squat = 85
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 50

Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You are all amazing! :)

I was thinking about it yesterday, and while I've been at it for 90 days...I don't really notice all that much anymore. Yes I log my calories, but overall, I'm able to calculate what I'm eating without looking it up, and I'm making the right choices on what to eat (For the most part.) :)

I'm glad I can be inspiring (I never thought I'd be one of those people others look to!) :) You all rock. I don't have anyone I'm going through this with, or anyone to really lean on for support here. So I'm glad I have you guys.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Well my SIL is in labor so I should be an Aunt within the next 24 hours. I just called out sick tomorrow for work. There is no way I will be able to concentrate in school much less focus on the kids. Now, all I need to do is go in tomorrow morning and write sub plans. She could be in labor all night so right now I am home with Mom. I know I won't sleep tonight. Needless to say, I have lost all sense of thought and my brain is no longer focused on responses.

Welcome to the new people.

Karen- Thanks for the update on BV. I also keep my racing bibs, they are hanging in my classroom above the chalk board. I am also making notes about the time and race conditions on the bibs. It is a great sense of accomplishment.

Nicole-You should be fine with the trainer session and yoga workout. Yoga is more stretching than the training session. Enjoy the training tonight.

Will check in tomorrow, hopefully with some great news. Now, I need to start writing sub plans. UGHHH
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Great personals today - you all really complimented each other. I loved what great attention you all gave each other!

Newbies - welcome.

AFM - I got my laundry - sheets and blankets done today - that was my BIG accomplishment. I have slept the rest of the day. This new drug is KICKING my butt.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I have reached an important milestone with my weight. I am at 175#. That's down 90#, and the lowest I have been in nearly 27 years. I think that is about what I weighed when my mother passed away. It was very sudden and kind of rocked my world. I gained a lot before I could face the work involved in losing again. That effort only took me down to 195# before I started gaining again. I was really excited to see that 175 this morning.
    I think that it is very normal to lose faster in the beginning. I lost 50# in the first 6 months, 30 in the next 6 months and 10 in the last 3 months. But I'm okay with that. As long as I keep going down, I know that I will eventually get to a weight that I am comfortable with.
    I love that we can inspire each other and keep going. Although my family is very excited for me, I don't have anyone doing this with me so it means a lot to have you here.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • nzenczak
    nzenczak Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

@grandmakaye44 - 90 pounds! How very exciting for you! Congratulations!

I ate well yesterday, but didn't exercise. Need to get on that treadmill tonight though or walk the dog. Whichever sounds more appealing. I hope all of you are doing well with your exercise and nutrition. I find it's a constant see saw for me. I'm either eating really well and not working out enough, or working out like crazy, but then not eating so well. One of these days I'll get it together.

Thanks for the congrats on the 6 pound lost everyone. I'm just taking it 5 pounds at a time as far as goals. Looking at the big picture is just too overwhelming and at times depressing.

Have a great Tuesday!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals:
    ~ I have entered week 3 of my workout program. My routine is bumped up a notch. I add an ab workout to today's routine. Goal is to successfully complete weeks 3 & 4.
    ~Make 1 new recipe a week
    ~Keep doing what I am doing

sjacobs- I am so happy for you and your daughter. That is absolutely wonderful!

Susan - Welcome. We roughly are in the same boat. I am 5'1" and 241 lbs.

Helena - That turned out to be a surprise NSV. Congrats to you for being able to throw out the ice cream and realizing you really didn't want it.

Angel - Welcome!

Michelle - Thank you. I definitely will share the recipes, as long as I think they are worth sharing. I posted 2 on my blog.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/nettie11776

Skinnyjeanz - Thanks. I definitely am not starving myself. In the evenings, I often have a snack just because I have extra calories left and am trying to get as close as possible to my numbers. LOL Sounds like making a meal together isn't the best idea after all. Maybe just let him do the cooking and call it a day. :wink:

Alupinsk - That is great that it has become second nature for you. We are glad to have you as well!

Laurie - Congrats on the arrival of the newest member of your family. I hope delivery goes smoothly and the baby arrives soon!

Kaye- Congrats on shedding 90 lbs. That is very impressive. You ROCK!!!!!!!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals- This week I plan to do more walking in skyways when at work (it supposed to snow by Friday). No zumba this week because car is not fixed. May do some of the ab and kick boxing moves at home. I prepared food at home for the rest of the week at the office for breakfast and lunch which I brought in and put them in the fridge this moring. No more eating out this week at work. I also made egg salad for the first time but I used mostly egg whites becacause I don't like yolks.

To those that stated my ex is better friend than boyfriend. He isn't he only offered to fix my car because it benefited him in some way. It still isn't fixed and he won't tell me when he can work on it again because I won't agree to playing pool and having beers with him. He also drove his new lady's blazer to my house parked it 2 blks away and when asked why he did that he lied about even driving to my house said he took the bus. He thinks if he does these things I will take him back in some way. As for me all the pain he caused I look at it as payment for my suffering for the last year. I am not saying he is 100% jerk but about 98% :laugh:

@ Karen- Nirvana is one of my faves too
    @LaurieK- new baby congrats on the new member
    @Robin- Hope you feel better soon
    @Kaye- 90lbs what an AWESOME accomplishment
    @Nettie- good job with the workout routines
    @new people- welcome to the group
  • sjacobs425
    sjacobs425 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have reached an important milestone with my weight. I am at 175#. That's down 90#, and the lowest I have been in nearly 27 years. I think that is about what I weighed when my mother passed away. It was very sudden and kind of rocked my world. I gained a lot before I could face the work involved in losing again. That effort only took me down to 195# before I started gaining again. I was really excited to see that 175 this morning.
    I think that it is very normal to lose faster in the beginning. I lost 50# in the first 6 months, 30 in the next 6 months and 10 in the last 3 months. But I'm okay with that. As long as I keep going down, I know that I will eventually get to a weight that I am comfortable with.
    I love that we can inspire each other and keep going. Although my family is very excited for me, I don't have anyone doing this with me so it means a lot to have you here.
    Onward and downward. Kaye

bless your heart! you are such a beautiful person!!! Kaye, congrats on the new number this morning!!! i know what i was like when i lost my mom and then 3 months later lost my dad. it is amazing at what our lives go through and what we do to ourselves sometimes without even knowing it. this process for me is so much a learning, not a diet, i am learning about me, and what works and doesn't, and listening to my body, and pushing my limits. I am so very proud of you!!! congrats my friend. keep down the great work and much continued success!! ((((hugs))))
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    bump
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Thank you, sjacobs, I think that what you said about this being a learning process is really profound. That is so true! For me this journey has been so much about the mindset, and learning how to make it work for me. Keep it up and you will be a huge success. I think that the learning process translates into success in every phase of our lives as we get to know ourselves better.
    Have a great day. Kaye
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    OK, I have been logging and that alone, makes me watch what I eat. I really try to log truthfully so eating is different now. Example, there were leftover tater tots (how does that happen) and in the morning I make an egg with them. I counted the tots and did a serving so i could log, that is a good step for me. I found that eating the correct serving does not make me too full and usually satisfies me. You all know this stuff but it is good for me to re-hash it somewhere.

On another note I need a new scale, since I have regained weight my sons scale does not work for me. I want to weigh weekly but maybe i can just measure and hope to get down to the weight that his scale will work for me again?
    That is my question, new scale or measure and waits?
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Sorry I’ve been MIA for a few days – I was off work on Friday, didn’t sit down long enough for much over the weekend and had dentist appointment yesterday. Had mammogram this morning, then internist appt on Thursday – geez! Guess I’ve got all bases covered this week. :wink:

@Nettie~Great goals!
    @Kaye~Tremendous accomplishment, congrats on 90#!
    @Susan~Safe travels, you’ve been doing so well last few trips – you got this!
    @Nicole~Yay on the workout yesterday!
    @Laurie~Glad your dad is doing better, hope they get his insulin figured out soon. Great job on the 5K!
    @Ushkii~Everyone is different, but I think I would need the scale.

AFM~Not much to report and no changes to my goals this week. My schedule and deadlines are starting to wind down, it will be nice to have more time in the evenings. My sister and nephews arrive this weekend and will be here all next week, can’t wait! My BIL is a an ER doc in a small town and always has to work one holiday, this year its Thanksgiving so he can’t make it – hard to believe Thanksgiving is next week already.

Exercise Goals this week:

Monday~Gym, HIIT on elliptical DONE!
    Tuesday~Rest Day
    Wednesday~Gym, training session
    Thursday~Rest Day
    Friday~Gym, arc trainer/weights
    Saturday~Gym or walk outside (weather permitting)
    Sunday~Gym, training session
  • jessiej1980
    Options
    Todays goal........go to the gym. thats about the only thing I can commit to at this point...