November 360 minutes a week "Move-It" challenge

Options

Replies

• Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I'm really trying to get it in where ever I can so I did 10 min walking on my break. :bigsmile: 185 to go!

Walked another 25 min on my lunch break so now...................drum roll please.....................160 to go!

You are doing it Diane!! Keep up the good work!

Thanks Mollie! :flowerforyou:

Another 10 min of strength training yesterday...............................150 to go!

Today I'm sad I won't be getting my usual breaks so I won't be able to sneak any quick walks in at work. I'm supposed to be taking a walk w/ one of my friends after work and I'm really hoping she doesn't cancel. I'm pretty exhausted today.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

Another 10 min of strength training yesterday...............................150 to go!

Today I'm sad I won't be getting my usual breaks so I won't be able to sneak any quick walks in at work. I'm supposed to be taking a walk w/ one of my friends after work and I'm really hoping she doesn't cancel. I'm pretty exhausted today.

Well, I hope she DOESN'T cancel!!!:devil:

Can you do one minute of jumping jacks every 30 minutes..it will wake you up and you will get 16 minutes of exercise...Come on' 1 minute...GO!!!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I'm really trying to get it in where ever I can so I did 10 min walking on my break. :bigsmile: 185 to go!

Walked another 25 min on my lunch break so now...................drum roll please.....................160 to go!

You are doing it Diane!! Keep up the good work!

Hopefully she will not cancel. I know when you are tired it is hard to push yourself. But I have no workout buddies really so I just do it or say to myself, "Its what I do". That is why I love these exercise challenges because they do push and motivate me when I do not really feel like doing anything. Fall is perfect for walking. Put on your ipod or something and go even if you friend cancels. Have a good walk if you make it!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    One more day to squeeze in 870 calories.....:-) I have so much to do tomorrow so I will get 870 calories and some! I am off and I usually will not go to gym on a off day but I know I will not get 870 calories with DVD at home so I have to go to gym tomorrow.

Everyone is doing so good! Keep it moving! You still have 4 more days to reach those goals!!

Mon: 650 cal (60 min walk)
    Tues: 730 cal (70 min gym)
    Wed: 0
    Thurs: 750 cal (75 min gym)
    Fri:
    Sat: 0
    Sun: 0

Week total: 2130 calories burned (205 min)

Calories left to burn: 870
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options

Can you do one minute of jumping jacks every 30 minutes..it will wake you up and you will get 16 minutes of exercise...Come on' 1 minute...GO!!!!

That's a lovely thought but there is no way in heck I'd do jumping jacks in my cubicle and shake the entire office area. No earthquake tests needed here! :wink:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Thursday day! Checking in w/today's totals:

Monday: 55 minutes of Billy Blanks boot camp.......305 minutes to go!
    Tuesday: 62 minutes of HIIT on elliptical & treadmill..........243 minutes to go!
    Wednesday: 25 minutes of a Core workout & 35 minutes of Push Circuit 1..........183 minutes to go!
    Thursday: 47 minutes of Burn Intervals dvd & 20 minutes of Core workout...........116 minutes to go!

NOLA: Glad to see you on another challenge. Keep up the good work ms lady.
  • FutureMrsEssman
    FutureMrsEssman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I want to do this! I guess I'll start today and just post on thursdays.
    Good luck to everyone!
  • nisijam5
    Options

That's a lovely thought but there is no way in heck I'd do jumping jacks in my cubicle and shake the entire office area. No earthquake tests needed here! :wink:

LOL:laugh: too funny...there's got to be a one-minute something you can do!!!! Even stretching, stairs???

Welcome formerfatgirl...this is a great group!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    @ Kim, yes I'll be doing stairs every chance I get. And you're right I can do some stretching and littler movements in my cube. Maybe some butt lifts in my chair? :bigsmile: I'll get some time in! I'm bound and determined to get that 360! :heart:
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Monday- 38 min of Burn It Off/260 calories
    Tuesday- 45 min of Fire 45 EZ, 16 min of Extreme Abs, & 20 min of Recharge/591 calories
    Wednesday- 45 min of Fire 45 & 30 min of HIIT 30/755 calories
    Thursday- 55 min of Fire 55 EZ/537 calories

Total:
    249 min/2143 calories

Planning to lift weights this afternoon when I get home from work and hopefully gonna get a good long one in tomorrow morning. Still a little down today, but working to cheer up.
  • carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    Monday 11/1 45mins treadmill, 20 mins Just dance II on wii
    Tuesday 11/2 45min treadmill, 15mins just dance
    Wednesday 11/3 zilch
    Thursday 11/4 50mins treadmill

175/360
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Mon 25min insanity fit test
    Tues 41min insanity plyo cardio circuit
    Wed 39min insanity Cardio core and resistance

Down 105mins and 255mins to go!!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Totally blew it this week with lack of exercise ~ but my diet has been perfect - that's a huge deal for me. Transitioning to a new job, moving offices and doing two jobs at once ( not to mention the normal stuff like home/family that we all deal with) No excuses but I've been emotionally drained, sad to leave so many that I love and excited/scared about the new challenge. Still haven't finished packing up my office.
    I am going to try to do something tonight - at least a walk if nothing else to clear my head.

I'm not giving up ~ still going to move it ... moving boxes ???? :laugh:

Peace :heart:

Janet
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Totally blew it this week with lack of exercise ~ but my diet has been perfect - that's a huge deal for me. Transitioning to a new job, moving offices and doing two jobs at once ( not to mention the normal stuff like home/family that we all deal with) No excuses but I've been emotionally drained, sad to leave so many that I love and excited/scared about the new challenge. Still haven't finished packing up my office.
    I am going to try to do something tonight - at least a walk if nothing else to clear my head.

I'm not giving up ~ still going to move it ... moving boxes ???? :laugh:

Peace :heart:

Janet

Janet, life gets in the way...this thread is just to keep us accountable and not fall off completely...good luck with the transition...that SHOULD be your focus at this time...I know you were far from home, will you be closer?:

Good job on the eating perfectly...that's the biggest battle...I work out to EAT!!!:blushing:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    My goal each week is to complete all of my insanity I know I wont be able to make 360mins at this pace but at least I will be one week closer to becoming an insanity grad!!! :=) I think next week I will add in a few classes at the gym just really want to see what insanity will do on it's own!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, nada
    Tuesday, elliptical 98 minutes...945 calories
    Wesnesday, elliptical 21 mins...163 cals
    Thursday, ellpitcal, 6-pack abs and kardioke, 88 mins...731 cals

To Go: 153 min/661 cals

I have to make tomorrow another killer workout day. I work on Saturday and Sunday from 3 to 11. Tomorrow goal will be similar to today, hoping over another hour. I've been breaking the workouts throughout the day. It's easier to have 4 sessions on my days off than 1 1/2 hour straight.

Cnbethea...you are so consistent with exercise and that's what counts...congrats on finishing insanity, I've heard it's brutal
    Carleen...way to get back on track
    Swinnie...glad you are feeling better today...remember when you talked to the group about your weight loss and how happy that made you feel to encourage others...hey, your a walking billboard!!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    My friend did not cancel so we got a nice 55 min walk in. Quite chilly outside today. Brrr... I also got in 10 min of strength training today.

150-65 = 85 minutes to go! Which is great because the next 3 days are going to be so super busy for me. The thought of still needing to average 30 min of movement between them is a little intimidating but that is just because before I would have said screw it, I'm too busy and taken the 3 days off.

This challenge has really kept me active and on track this week!

85 minutes to go! :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    My friend did not cancel so we got a nice 55 min walk in. Quite chilly outside today. Brrr... I also got in 10 min of strength training today.

150-65 = 85 minutes to go! Which is great because the next 3 days are going to be so super busy for me. The thought of still needing to average 30 min of movement between them is a little intimidating but that is just because before I would have said screw it, I'm too busy and taken the 3 days off.

This challenge has really kept me active and on track this week!

85 minutes to go! :drinker:

You rock, sister:smokin: you have to let me know if you weigh in and this has made a difference:bigsmile:

Also, after giving you the 1-minute every 30 minutes work suggestion, I might it that as well. Even tho I walk a lot at work, I'm thinking 1 minutes of lunges or squats...easy enough and equals 16 extra minutes
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have not posted for a couple of days but still getting the exercise in

Monday - 60mins
    Tuesday -35mins
    Wednesday - 45mins - 20mins 30days shred, 10min walk, 15min pushups and step ups
    Thursday - 65mins - 25min walk, 10min pushups and step ups, 30mins wii fit/joggin in place

205 done - 155 to go

Got a busy weekend ahead, I hope I can fit the exercise in :smile:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    That's great Kim, and thank you. :flowerforyou: I do a lot of stairs at work. I work on the 3rd floor and there are 2 flights per floor so I go up 4 flights every morning. I usually do all 4 flights 3 times a day and then sometimes I'll make an extra effort to go to the bathroom on the 2nd floor so I have to go up 2 more flights to get back to my desk. It makes me feel good to do the stairs because this is the first time I can remember even being able to do 4 flights of stairs w/o wanting to pass out at the top. When I first started there last Dec, I loathed the stairs and would always take the elevator. Even 2 flights at once used to be too much for me. I used to go out of my way to get to an elevator to avoid stairs and now they are just making me stronger and stronger with every flight I climb. Yes they are still difficult but they are doable. Yay for strength! :heart: