Pregnancy 2010 - November

Options

Replies

• Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

I am thinking I may do my exercise this afternoon instead of taking the day off.

I am just curious to see what everyone is doing for exercise. This is the first of my four pregnancies that I am exercising instead of taking it as "time off." I am still in my regular clothes and really don't feel this is even real yet and I will be 17 weeks on Saturday. I have yet to gain anything (although tomorrow is offical weigh in day so that might change fast). I feel the little one moving a lot but other than that it is so different from my other three.

So just wanted to see what you all were doing for exercise this time around and if you exercised with past pregnancies.

Have a great day!

This is my first pregnancy not taking time off as well. I had intended to exercise through my last, but I had bleeding. Anyway I am going The 30 Day Shred level 3, slightly modified and Yoga Meltdown dvd. I do these 5 days a week, although last week only 4. It is becoming harder feeling poorly.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Finally it is time for us to relax again, woohoo :happy: How is your calorie counting going? I am trying but just not very motivated when I know that the scale is going to go up and don't want to obsess over every dab of ketchup, mustard or whatever it is I am putting into my food. What is the happy medium?
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

I am thinking I may do my exercise this afternoon instead of taking the day off.

I am just curious to see what everyone is doing for exercise. This is the first of my four pregnancies that I am exercising instead of taking it as "time off." I am still in my regular clothes and really don't feel this is even real yet and I will be 17 weeks on Saturday. I have yet to gain anything (although tomorrow is offical weigh in day so that might change fast). I feel the little one moving a lot but other than that it is so different from my other three.

So just wanted to see what you all were doing for exercise this time around and if you exercised with past pregnancies.

Have a great day!

Absolutely nothing and I hate it, I have had all high risk pregnancies and have already been contracting with this one. I had a miscarriage, preterm labor at 28 weeks, preterm labor at 32 weeks, miscarriage and now this already with issues. I tried walking many times even around the block but start contracting within the first block or two. I am just trying to eat well and not gain too much weight.

I"ve been exercising, but I am feeling like you, I can't wait to talk to my doctor in a week or so to make sure I'm not causing myself any issues.

If I exercise 2 days in a row, the 3rd day I feel aweful and exhausted, weird.
  • ckmama
    Options
    Deb are you showing yet? Just curious. I felt like I was really big for 18 weeks, but the girl at Babies r us is due the same day as me and her belly was rounder than mine, look like she had a basketball.

I don't really poke out as much as I grow wide:laugh:

I need to start taking pictures. The baby is moving lots in the last couple of days. Feels funny.

Have had serious issues with irregular heart beating, not really my pulse but that kind of off beat of the heart. I read it is common in pregnancy.

I certainly think I am showing. I can't stand up easily anymore and I find myself getting lazy--not bending over to pick stuff up, etc. I get out of breath extremely easy. It drives me crazy!
    Oh good to know, because I've had a recent distaste for bending over as well. LOL
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Hello mommies to be :heart:

I'd love to join this group! I have the baby bug terribly bad, as does my finance. I may or may not be here to lurk in quiet envy at all the wonderful pregnancies. :laugh: But it is very important for me to get in shape for a healthy pregnancy so we've got some time before we start TTC.

About Me: I'm a real estate investor/consultant with a 3 year old son. Engaged to a wonderful man (wedding date not set, but soon!) who is skinny as a rail :grumble: I'd like to lose between 60 and 80lbs, kind of feeling it out as I go!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Hello mommies to be :heart:

I'd love to join this group! I have the baby bug terribly bad, as does my finance. I may or may not be here to lurk in quiet envy at all the wonderful pregnancies. :laugh: But it is very important for me to get in shape for a healthy pregnancy so we've got some time before we start TTC.

About Me: I'm a real estate investor/consultant with a 3 year old son. Engaged to a wonderful man (wedding date not set, but soon!) who is skinny as a rail :grumble: I'd like to lose between 60 and 80lbs, kind of feeling it out as I go!

Welcome!! I hope you're able to get to your goal and have another little one soon! I'm also planning a pregnancy after my weight loss (obviously I have to finish the pregnancy I'm on first though lol, I'm 33.5 weeks).
  • Lisak22
    Lisak22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!...

Just found this on here, and i love this thread!...So i need some advice..

We've been trying for about 7 months, BUT not trying (if that makes sense) to have a baby. Pretty much, if it happens AWESOME, if it doesnt, it will one day. Im 25, hes 29...we're ready to start our little family...

SOOOO, I decided to go on a diet, and loose so weight, thinking that might help. Ive lost 21 lbs soo far :) We'e eating healthy, (together!!)...exercising, everything, not stressed...not really worring about it. HOWEVER...I am now getting to the point were, we're doing all this...and I just want a baby now. How is it that some people get pregnate the first time, and others just try and try and try...and cant happen.

I was thinking I might go to the doctor and see if im ok, and hes ok...(I did have a miscarrage 5 months ago, only 5 and a 1/2 weeks)...

SO MY QUESTION... should we just do it the old fasion way, and keep trying (WHICH im totally game for that) or should i go to the doctor :-/...Did anyone one else deal with this type of situation?..what did you do? How long did it take?

Thank you for all the advice in advance...
    Lisa
  • ckmama
    Options
    Lisa,
    I was like you trying but not. My doctor said once we "tried" for 6 months to then come talk to her (but I'm 34 now). But when I was your age (25) we did the same thing, and my doctor then said a year. Well I got pregnant, after we quite trying within 3 months, so I never went back to talk to her about getting pregnant.

Good luck, keep having fun, and once you've actually "tried" consistantly maybe counting days, ovulation, etc. I would talk to the doctor after a while.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I hope you're able to get to your goal and have another little one soon! I'm also planning a pregnancy after my weight loss (obviously I have to finish the pregnancy I'm on first though lol, I'm 33.5 weeks).

Aww, thank you. And congratulations on your newest addition, so exciting! I'm right there with you, I'm planning my third and fourth pregnancies, with a little weight loss in between before I'm even pregnant with my second! :blushing:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    With our first I was off the pill for about 3 weeks when I got pregnant, which was not planned, it was just because I could not afford to go to the Drs to get a refill because it was at min $350 (in TN you cannot get a prescription w/out a full exam, it's ridiculous). But it was a blessing in disguise because we would have never been "ready" for a kid :)

This time we decided last May - like almost a year and a 1/2 ago - to have another. But we were not "trying" we were just not trying not to. (well, my husband was more for trying than I was - I just think about how am I going to work and have 2 kids!? His life doesn't change much at all so he is way more excited!) But, I had some things I wanted to do first, like get LASIK, which you can't be pregnant for, so I admit I was "tired" or "had headaches" during certain times of the month for about 6 months to avoid getting pregnant before I got that done :). Plus with our crazy schedules, it was not surprising it took this long.
  • TheNewStacie
    TheNewStacie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    First off Congrats :flowerforyou: to the already pregnant ladies, and second Good Luck:bigsmile: to all the ones TTC.

I'm new on here, but we've been TTC for quite awhile now, we lost our lil angel last november during the second trimester, and after all the testing and healing didn't start TTC until February, so we have another 3 or 4 months until we will start fertility testing. We already have one gorgeous 5 y/o daughter so we know it's possible, just need to get there. We've got a "schedule" now from the OB so we'll see how that goes.

On a side note I NEED to lose weight, I was around 130-140 when I got pregnant with my daughter and was 197 when I had her, which was all caused by me, I had such bad sickness throughout the whole thing I did nothing, ate whatever I wanted and so on. I've struggled with the weight ever since, I did get back to the 160's and then just let it creep up again, I'm currently 207 (highest I've ever been) and I know this is not a good situation for me to try and carry a baby. I've been trying to lose weight for almost a year and just haven't been as strict on myself as I need be. I go see a dietician on Tuesday and this is my turning point, I WILL get my cardio in, I WILL eat right, and I WILL get this weight off.

Well thank you for listening/reading my babblings:ohwell: Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Happy Friday Ladies. First off welcome to all those new girls that are TTC and good luck.
    I got weighed at the doctors office on Tuesday currently 191.6 and I started off at 164 before I got pregnant so far a 27 lb gain yikes but I have been really lazy since my 20th week. I also am taking 18 units at school so even though I am not working I still have a ton to do everyday. Had some bad growing pains last weekend and all I got from my doctor is to drink more water. I am beginning to think its their only answer.
    Ckmama- your new belly pic is so cute.
    I need to get some new pictures. I want to do some belly pics for the veteran mom's on here if you had them done when would you suggest to do so? I have heard 34 weeks is ideal.
  • oAngieMaeo
    Options
    I'm new here.. I posted a topic and someone sent me this link! I'm 16 weeks along and FINALLY not sick anymore! It feels good to feel like a human again! LOL I'm up 5 lbs (probably more since my last appt) but Im trying so hard to get back on track and keep healthy. Im walking again to help with it too... My hips already hurt! (My first daughter made my hips hurt early too!)

Anyone else having a hard time staying on track while feeling so sluggish and blah?! Ahh!
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    bumping to stay in touch with all your wonderful ladies
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    45 minutes on the stair climber in a row!!!!!!!! 329 calories burned.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Evening, ladies!! We had a WONDERFUL day today! First had our doctors appointment then did our first baby shopping...it was so fun to be able to buy PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: We both thought it was a little princess, and we were right :laugh: It was such an amazing experience! I'm so happy to know what we're having...it makes it so much more real now! She will be the first girl on my husbands side in 42 years...and also the first on my side since me, and I'm the only girl between all of the cousins. So I'm sure she will be a spoiled little princess...:wink:

Doctor said everything is looking good. She is weighing 7 oz right now and is growing well. She said my weight gain (or lack there of) is perfectly fine, but said from here on out I will probably see more of a gain (said she wouldn't be surprised that when we come back in four weeks I will have gained about 9 pounds!). That will be a shock for me...but I'm almost half way over, so it's time for some growth :smile:

Hope you ladies have a wonderful and blessed weekend! :heart:
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    45 minutes on the stair climber in a row!!!!!!!! 329 calories burned.

Great job!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Evening, ladies!! We had a WONDERFUL day today! First had our doctors appointment then did our first baby shopping...it was so fun to be able to buy PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: We both thought it was a little princess, and we were right :laugh: It was such an amazing experience! I'm so happy to know what we're having...it makes it so much more real now! She will be the first girl on my husbands side in 42 years...and also the first on my side since me, and I'm the only girl between all of the cousins. So I'm sure she will be a spoiled little princess...:wink:

Doctor said everything is looking good. She is weighing 7 oz right now and is growing well. She said my weight gain (or lack there of) is perfectly fine, but said from here on out I will probably see more of a gain (said she wouldn't be surprised that when we come back in four weeks I will have gained about 9 pounds!). That will be a shock for me...but I'm almost half way over, so it's time for some growth :smile:

Congratulations on your little girl!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Congrats on the little girl!!!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

Yay, congrats! How hilarious it is that we are both due on the same day and both having girls. Hmm, wonder if we will deliver the same day too! That would be too funny, I keep thinking that I'll give birth on April Fools day and nobody will believe me when I say I had the baby. Have fun shopping but don't go too crazy, as hard as that may be. You will still have your shower and since she is the only princess she is sure to get super spoiled. I have not bought anything yet, I think I'll wait until I go to my ultrasound on the 16th and the doctors tells me again for the 3rd time that it is a girl. Just so hard to believe after having 2 boys :wink: