Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Looks like most are having a productive weekend.

Saturday Success:
    I did okay with food. A few junky choices, but I stayed under calories. Also, lifted and did cardio today, so that's something. I got a bunch of adorable clothes for my niece at TJ Maxx. One item is the most adorable Nicole Miller outfit--I don't think I've even ever bought anything for myself by that designer, but it was too cute to pass up and a decent price considering the "label." :laugh: I will give her some of the clothes for Christmas and save the rest for her 2nd birthday in a few weeks. Also picked up a couple of books for her.

I didn't find anything for my hairdresser, but I can always give her cash if I don't find something I think she'll really like.

Gunner got a very short walk--it was warm but way too slippery to go far. I think it's a good thing we didn't overdo it--he's been lethargic with a drippy nose and goopy eyes today, so pretty sure he's got a cold. Poor baby. Tonight we are getting a nasty mix of rain and sleet. :grumble: I hate winter. At least the days will start getting longer again now.

Today I'm thankful for garetie. She and I have been friends for about 20 years now. I've tried calling her twice this week, and I know she lurks on this thread sometimes, so this is my "sneaky" attempt to get in touch with her. :wink: :laugh:

Grading goals:
    I'm giving myself one more day off before I list these.

Exercise goals:
    Mon--nada
    Tues--nada
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE
    Thurs--rest day (holiday party)
    Fri--probably nothing (we usually go out for drinks before break)
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (cardio)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 85
    Dead lift = 90
    Squat = 90
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 60

Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success: Just a quick drive by. The week has been good for the most part. I had 3 different parties between last Friday and today. Exercise has been pretty null, but that's OK. I've enjoyed the parties and spending time with friends. I've enjoyed some good food and some adult beverages, but haven't completely over indulged. Monday night we leave for FL and I'm so excited to see my parents. Plus, I just want to sleep. Work has been nuts lately and I just need a break. While I'll enjoy Christmas Day, I plan to exercise and eat clean starting 12/26. I'm so excited to see what 2014 is going to bring.
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Karen~I got all my shopping done yesterday too, just waiting for UPS to deliver something from my sister that she sent for my mom. Hopefully it gets here! How about a bottle of wine for your hairdresser? That's what I usually do when I get my hair done around the holidays. If you need a suggestion - Cupcake Winery makes a delicious red blended wine Red Velvet, I highly recommend it.

@Susan~I hope you have a great time in the Florida sunshine, I need a break too but working in the healthcare industry we never close. So I'm taking some vacation days on Thurs/Fri. That's okay though, I'm about 2-1/2 months away from 2 weeks in the Caribbean sunshine! :wink:

AFM~I feel like I didn't accomplish a whole lot around here yesterday - didn't have time for the gym but got my shopping done and my white trash candy for co-workers is hardening up now. I will make my famous fudge for my boss this afternoon. I'm going to the gym soon though, want to get in 3 miles on the TM before and after the session with my trainer.

Exercise Goals:

Monday~Gym, arc trainer DONE!
    Tuesday~Gym, training session DONE!
    Wednesday~Gym, elliptical DONE!
    Thursday~Gym, training session DONE!
    Friday~Rest Day (shopping)
    Saturday~None (shopping and lunch w friends)
    Sunday~Gym, training session & extra cardio

Everyone have a great Sunday!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share: I ended up missing the Santa parade yesterday. The parade was put on hold 1/2 way through because of a house fire. Brian and I hung around the house and waited for 2.5 hours but I was getting antsy. I decided we should just go out, get our errands done and visit my parents. After the fire was put out, the exhausted firefighters went on with the parade! I was surprised as they were at the fire for quite a few hours. Unfortunately we were not home in time and missed it. It's all good though, we had a nice visit with my parents. Last night, I was extremely disheartened while reading some of the posts on my community's facebook page as well as the fire department's page. Throughout the day one of the captain's wives kept posting and informing the community on what was going on. Not only did she do that, but she had also posted the exact route the fire trucks would be following with turn by turn directions. This was posted and cross posted several times over the past few weeks. She did this as a courtesy to the community. Last night people had the audacity to complain about yesterday's events. Some of the complains I read were that the parade was interrupted and it ruined their plans (UHM there was a house fire and a family lost their entire house a few days before Christmas- get over yourselves), their child had to wait 6 hours for Santa (again due to an unforeseen and unfortunate circumstance. It's unfortunate children were left waiting and disappointed. However there was a family in desperate need to save their home.), the trucks didn't come down their block (The exact route was posted with turn by turn directions prior to the event - they should have planned accordingly and walked a block over to where they trucks were. How lazy can you be?), how disappointed they were with the FD's job for the parade and that they wasted their time waiting around (They are VOLUNTEERS giving a bit of themselves to the community. This is not something that they are obligated to do). Needless to say I am very disappointed with quite a few members of my community poor attitudes. Where has everyone's compassion and understanding gone?

I would like to do my Wednesday wish today. I wish people could be more understanding and compassionate. I wish people didn't have self-centered "ME ME ME" attitudes. I wish people actually appreciated all the good that others do when volunteering their time.

I would also like to do a Thursday Truth: I was very naughty last night. I made a delicious garlic parmesean pull apart bread. I ate my allotted portion with dinner. However it was so yummy that throughout the night I kept pulling off "just one more little bite". I am not quire sure how much of it I actually ate but I know it was a lot. There is only a tiny bit of it left this morning. It definitely put me over my calories for yesterday. OOPS. :blushing:

Robin - Thank you! Sounds like you had a great time with your friend. What a nice surprise visit.

Tlh - I am sorry to hear that things didn't go as planned with the paperwork. You are funny. :laugh:

I need to get off MFP and go work off some of that pull apart bread. :wink:
    I hope everyone has a fantastic day today. :flowerforyou:
  • michelleborman50
    michelleborman50 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips on keeping my fruits and veggies fresher longer!

Sometimes it takes a while for things to sink in but it finally hit me. I have only lost 3lbs this month. Which is a huge let down from the 2-3lbs I was using weekly. But the fact is, I stopped logging, I started having a goodie here and there, really haven't exercise, stopped paying attention to my goals and I am sitting here wondering what happened...HELLO

My birthday is Jan 27. My goal is to lose another pant size. I don't care if it takes 5lbs or 15lbs. I want to be one size smaller by then. Which mean paying attention to what I am doing.

Hope everyone has their Christmas shopping done. I am finally done and everything is wrapped.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    actually have a tiny bit of energy this morning so i am going to the gym instead of going to church
    other than that I am seriously thinking of taking up drinking so i can stop eating all the good things my daughter keeps making :mad:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    tlh - congrats on your lifting success this week and for making plans for next week. That I call success! :flowerforyou: Hoping on an easy close on your house.

skinny - good job staying under calories despite having had some temptations. Sorry to hear Gunner is under the weather. That's one big Nose to be dripping!
    I'm sure Garetie will love the gratitude post to her!

Susan - I'm sure you can't wait till you fly out of there and land in Florida - it will be a wonderful time. Like you, I can't wait to have a wonderful 2014!

Sherrielsb - good to see you drop by. Hope all is well with you. Merry Christmas!

Kah - I'm wondering what white trash candy is? And your famous fudge sounds delightful. A full baking day or half day? Either way your recipients will LOVE you! Enjoy your workout!.

JNettie - you're quite articulate about the fire/parade situation and I think you ought to send your thoughts to the local paper or post them on that Facebook page - you might shake some sense in those people's heads! Good grief, they don't have any!
    Your pull-apart bread sounds delicious. I might have done the same thing!

Michelle - isn't that interesting what you learn about yourself and your habits? I learn if I don't long I gain too. I think you can achieve your goals, and I know your determination is strong enough to do it. Your birthday is a full month away. If you do something like squats believe me you'll fit in those pants!

karenleona - skipping church and taking up drinking? Who is this woman? :laugh: I LIKE HER!!!! :laugh: What are your plans for Boxing Day?

AFM - I have let my white hair grow out about 1-1/2 inches since I've been sick, and found some hair color in the cabinet, so today I'm going to color my hair. Wish me luck - I can do it ok, but the bathroom is carpeted and wallpapered, and I pray I don't get color on either one. I'll put down protective towels etc, but it still ends up looking like an ax murder took place when I do my own hair. Maybe it will be easier now that its short!
  • ayankeefan51
    ayankeefan51 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Looks like most are having a productive weekend.

Saturday Success:
    I did okay with food. A few junky choices, but I stayed under calories. Also, lifted and did cardio today, so that's something. I got a bunch of adorable clothes for my niece at TJ Maxx. One item is the most adorable Nicole Miller outfit--I don't think I've even ever bought anything for myself by that designer, but it was too cute to pass up and a decent price considering the "label." :laugh: I will give her some of the clothes for Christmas and save the rest for her 2nd birthday in a few weeks. Also picked up a couple of books for her.

I didn't find anything for my hairdresser, but I can always give her cash if I don't find something I think she'll really like.

Gunner got a very short walk--it was warm but way too slippery to go far. I think it's a good thing we didn't overdo it--he's been lethargic with a drippy nose and goopy eyes today, so pretty sure he's got a cold. Poor baby. Tonight we are getting a nasty mix of rain and sleet. :grumble: I hate winter. At least the days will start getting longer again now.

Today I'm thankful for garetie. She and I have been friends for about 20 years now. I've tried calling her twice this week, and I know she lurks on this thread sometimes, so this is my "sneaky" attempt to get in touch with her. :wink: :laugh:

Grading goals:
    I'm giving myself one more day off before I list these.

Exercise goals:
    Mon--nada
    Tues--nada
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (cardio)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 85
    Dead lift = 90
    Squat = 90
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 60

Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90

WOW!! super impressive lifting especially the bench press at 85 lbs. I just started lifting and am using the SL's program and right now after a couple weeks, I can only bench press 65 lbs which feels heavy enough without failure. I'll probably be stuck at 65 lbs for awhile on both bench and OHP but your gains are awesome. Great job!
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I am so frustrated!

Working out and eating right and I've been wavering between 238 and 241 for the last 3 weeks. Pushed myself too hard amd pulled my groin and its gettimg better but I'm apprehensive to run on in yet. Idk what to do to get over this lull. Its so infuriating to be at a standstill after the progress I've made so far. Thinking about trying a day or two fast. But I'm not sure how that would affect me. I just need somethimg to work! Advice?
  • bonmomi
    bonmomi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I began my commitment to changing my eating habits and exercise on Nov. 20, 2013. To date I have lost 13 pounds. It seems so insignificant compared to the amount of weight I need to lose. I am happy, but it is getting hard now that Christmas is approaching. I made it through Thanksgiving but Christmas is seeming harder. I am thinking of allowing myself 1 day to mildly indulge. No more than 1800 calories and I will have to make that up in exercise. Anyone having a hard time with Christmas?
  • anewlife4me8610
    anewlife4me8610 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've had a great success with finally taking power away from food. I don't know if that makes any sense but I used to think of food as comfort and I changed my mind set and now see it for what it is.....fuel....I keep it simple and I look for the joy and excitement in other things now like the incredible changes just -45 lbs has brought to me! Food taste great but a few seconds after it's gone from your taste buds and goes to your handles or where ever else it's stored to bring pain and shame later so why give it that power? Instead find things that stay feeling good for a long time and don't do damage after! Lol
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @anewlife--thanks for the great reminder about not letting food have power over us--I agree with you 100%. I do best with my eating when I view food as fuel for my workouts and daily life--that's easy to forget at this time of year with all of the goodies around.

@bonmomi--there's nothing wrong with a treat once in awhile--it's the day to day that matters. Also, if you're burning off the excess with exercise, it shouldn't really have an affect on your weight loss. Yes, it's possible the extra sodium could cause a slight rise on the scale, but that shouldn't last. For me, the bigger danger is to deprive myself of everything and then get frustrated and give up altogether.

@alupinsk--I've read intermittent fasting can be good for the metabolism; however, don't go crazy. I did it for 3 days right before I joined MFP, and feel the psychological benefits far outweigh the physical. It can give you back a sense of control and teach you what true hunger feels like. I really needed it b/c I'm a "boredom" eater. Fasting taught me to tell when my body really requires food vs. craving something out of boredom.

@ayankeefan--Thanks! I'm also doing an SL style program--started 5x5 in September and just recently switched to 3x5 b/c I was "stuck" especially on OHP. That one is, by far, the toughest lift for me. There are a couple of other heavy lifters who post in this thread who make me look like the "wimpy kid" of the group, but I know I will continue to improve if I keep at it. Good luck!

@robin--thanks, gunner seems to be doing better today--and YES it is one big, drippy nose! :laugh: Hope your hair-coloring task goes well.

@kareleona--your post made me LOL! :laugh: Too bad alcohol also has calories. :ohwell:

@nettie--what a shame that people are so thankless to your volunteer fire fighters! It makes me angry when people are so selfish! :explode: I don't know that I could have resisted that pull-apart bread either--it sounds delicious!

@kelley--thanks for the suggestion about the wine. Unfortunately, my hairdresser doesn't drink--that would make it so much easier. :ohwell: Pretty sure she's just getting cash or a gift card since my appt is tomorrow and I still haven't gotten her anything. My sister works in the same shop, and I know from her experience she would much rather have cash than something she may not like or use.

@sherrie!!--welcome back!! :flowerforyou:

@susan--I'm with you--looking forward to christmas, but also to getting back to my normal healthy eating.

Sunday Share:
    Today was a lazy day for me. Did some cleaning around the house and got all of my holiday cards ready to mail out tomorrow. Afterwards, I helped the DH shovel some snow--it didn't take too long, but it was a good, quick workout. Tonorrow, I'm planning to head to the gym, wrap presents, and then head to the salon in the afternoon.

Grading goals:
    notyetnotyetnotyetnotyetnotyetnotyetnotyetnotyet

Exercise goals:
    Mon--nada
    Tues--nada
    Sun--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym (cardio) NOT DONE (shoveled instead)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 85
    Dead lift = 90
    Squat = 90
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 60

Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    alpunski- Start back with walking before you start running again. It is better to go slow than risk re-injuring yourself again. We all have periods where we hover between weights and yes, it is frustrating but it will pass. I have not tried fasting but it may work for you.

Climbing on Friday was wonderful and my trainer had a great time. I do believe she and her daughter are hooked. They both did a great job and want to go again. They will, I also have a feeling that my trainer will join the Earth Treks eventually.
    Saturday- I had a great workout with my trainer and it was so warm here that we did the workout outside. So on December 21, I was wearing shorts outside which is not normal for my area. It was close to 70 degrees on Saturday. Today, it was raining but still warm. It will be turning cold in the next day or two by Christmas it will be back into the 30's.

Tomorrow, I am meeting a friend for breakfast after I take my car into the shop. I just hope the car does not take all day. At least the gifts are wrapped except for one more for my brother.

Stay strong this week and try to keep moving.

Sunday- Gym DONE
    Monday- Trainer DONE core workout
    Tuesday- After work meeting, gym possible depends on when the meeting ends NO GYM
    Wednesday- Holiday dinner DONE
    Thursday- Gym NOPE
    Friday- Climbing DONE
    Saturday- Trainer workout DONE

12/22 to 12/28
    Sunday- Swim DONE
    Monday- Trainer workout
    Tuesday- Gym
    Wednesday- Christmas no workout
    Thursday- Gym
    Friday-Climbing
    Saturday- Swim
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I thought that not logging for a few days would take some of the pressure off of this week, but now I just feel bad because I know that I haven't eaten well, and I don't know how bad it was. I'm going to have to make an attempt at logging even if it is difficult and ugly at times.
    I'm thankful for my grandkids, especially Matthew. He just turned 12, and is such a bright exuberant boy. He would easily pass for 8. His friends call him a miniature kid. He is so cute, and a very good sport. He has something called constitutional growth delay. He probably won't grow much or hit puberty until he is about 16. I am thankful that they live in a small town where everyone knows everyone, and he is just Matthew.
    I have the second round of shopping done and most of the wrapping done. I've sure been busy for someone who thought they had Christmas done 3 weeks ago. The tree looks great, but GS was not impressed because it is an artificial tree.
    Teachers, enjoy your break. It will be over before you know it.
    Have good week. Just keep hanging in there. Kaye
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's a rainy morning here, but since my plans call for cooking, cooking and more cooking, that's ok. It's hard to believe Christmas is just two days away. Gifts are all bought, wrapped and under the tree and now it's down to feeding everyone. It's been a challenge to watch the constant snacking, but so far I've been able to stay within calories despite a treat here and there. Sure is a big change from years past when I never thought about the extra calories during the holidays.

Today's gratitude is for food. Strange when I've frequently considered it the enemy, but after spending a recent afternoon assisting patrons while they shopped at the food bank, I realize how fortunate I am to only be worried about eating too much instead of having too little. Quite an eye opener and a timely reminder of how blessed most of us are.

Wishing everyone a happy holiday and hope you are all surrounded by those you cherish.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Alupinsk~There are all kinds of little things that can stall weight loss that we don’t think about. Such as if we are exercising a lot are we eating right to compensate for it (i.e. carbs for fuel or protein for muscle recovery), are we drinking enough water (we really need more than 80oz a day – I drink around 140oz), are we eating foods that are too high in sodium, etc. I can also say from experience that if you are using MFP suggestions for macros, the carbs are too high – MFP sets it at 55%, really it should be more like 40%. Take a look at your journal and see if maybe anything needs to be adjusted. Like Karen suggested, intermittent fasting can jump start a metabolism, I’ve done a 24-hour fast periodically – I’ve done it mainly as a liver detox, so drank a lot of green tea and lemon water. Make sure you do your research first though, to make sure you are giving your body what it needs during that time. I agree with Laurie also, I would start out with walking for a while until your injury is completely healed so you don’t risk further injury.

@bonmomi~congrats on your weight loss so far, great job! I don’t really have a hard time with Christmas per se, but it can be more difficult to make healthy choices when you are bombarded with goodies – you wouldn’t believe the stuff sitting in my office suite right now! :grumble: The trick is to not go overboard and make room in your diet so you can indulge a little. We have to remember it’s just one day – we have to make healthy decisions the rest of the time. So my advice is to eat healthy leading up to the holiday as much as possible and as soon as the holiday has ended get right back to it.

@Robin~How did your hair turn out? I hope you were successful in the color just getting in your hair. White trash is a concoction of cheerios, rice chex, corn chex, pretzels, mixed nuts, and m&ms all mixed with white chocolate – delish and addictive! I figured out the NI one time, it isn’t pretty. :wink: I made that in the morning, got it all packaged up for co-workers and then made fudge for my boss in the afternoon (takes 15 minutes to cook and about 2-hours to harden). Tonight is round 2 of the fudge, my dad’s only request from me every Christmas. :happy:

@Laurie~Glad you’re getting your trainer hooked on climbing. Enjoy breakfast with your friend this morning.

@Lives2Travel~Great gratitude for today and so true, we often take so much for granted.

AFM~It was a good weekend of shopping, seeing friends, and baking a little. Had a great workout with my trainer yesterday, too. I actually sat down and figured out the NI of my fudge, which I’ve not done before – it isn’t that bad, just have to limit yourself to a few pieces but it’s so rich that it just takes a piece or two.

Exercise Goals:

Monday~Gym, arc trainer
    Christmas Eve~None, gym closes early and headed out of town
    Christmas Day~None
    Thursday~Gym, training session
    Friday~Running w trainer, gym or outside
    Saturday~Gym, elliptical most likely
    Sunday~Gym, training session
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day. I started by putting all of those pesky cookies in the freezer. They won't come out until the grands and greatgrands arrive! I still have some baking to do and lots of groceries to buy, but I can do this.
    Travel, I love your gratitude for today. I think that I will second that.
    I'm really hoping that I can go for a walk today. It was above freezing yesterday, and will be today. Maybe while it is warm this afternoon, I can find a place that isn't too slick.
    Stay strong and have a great day. Kaye
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in: Brian took his vacation so he would have off the same time as me. We got up early this morning and headed down to the stores near the mall. We wanted to get there early before the stores became too crowded and the traffic starts. I completely forgot to weigh myself this morning then when we came home I ate breakfast. So no weigh in for me. The way the scale has been going all week, I am guessing my weight this morning would have been a small loss or remained the same.

The past two days my calf muscles have been feeling a bit tired. I think it is from the result of working extra hard during one of my cardio sessions a few days ago. My goal for this week is to stay on my Monday - Saturday workout schedule with Sunday as a rest day. I don't know how much logging I will do Tuesday and Wednesday. Tomorrow night we are headed to Brian's uncle's house. I am making my quinoa mac and cheese dish to bring so I have something to eat. Saturday morning we are going over to my mother-in-laws for a brunch (usually microwavable breakfast foods - nothing to brag about) then in the after noon we are going to my parents house. I am making tomato and mozzarella, a salad, pignoli cookies and bought some rainbow cookies to bring. My mom is making me a vegetable polenta dish. I am not worried about food at my in-laws because I usually don't eat for brunch and save my appetite for my parents house. I am going to try my best to eat in moderation at my parents but tomato and mozzarella is my downfall s are the pignoli cookies. :bigsmile: Saturday Brian and I are hosting a post-Christmas celebration. I go all out for that and make a ton of food. It should be a great few days of celebration!

Michelle - I am glad you realize how much logging really does help. As tedious as it can be from time to time, it is a must for me to do. I don't think you will have trouble getting back on track after Christmas passes. We are birthday neighbors. My birthday is only a few weeks after yours.

Robin and skinnyjeanz- I was very vocal on my communities FB page as well as the fire department's page. I kindly reminded those complaining of all the things I wrote about. After I spoke out quite a few people jumped on board. I just cannot stand how selfish and self-centered people have become. It drives me mad. :noway:

Robin - I am coloring my hair today too. I picked up a box of color over the weekend. I planned on coloring it Sunday but I never got around to it. I know EXACTLY what you mean about it getting everywhere. I have the same problem. All along I thought I was the only one who had this problem. I am glad to know I am not alone. I end up putting on old clothes and jumping into the shower to apply it so it doesn't get all over my walls and sink. The shower is so much easier for me to clean when I am done. :laugh:

Alupinsk - I am sorry that you are struggling and injured yourself. Can you go for a walk, try some yoga or lift some weights until you are able to go running again?

Karen - Yippie for some extra energy. I love that feeling.

Bonmomi - Congrats on the loss. I would focus on what you have accomplished so far compared on how much further you have to go. According to FitBit I still have to lose 110 lbs to reach my goal. If I focused on that number every day I would drive myself insane. I am not having too hard of a time with Christmas. The real test for me will be Wednesday and then again on Saturday. I am not going to worry too much about it and focus on having a good time with my family and friends. 2 days out of the entire picture won't throw me off course too much.

anewlife4me - I know exactly what you mean as using food as a comfort. I agree with what you said 100%.

Laurie - I am glad your trainer and her daughter enjoyed climbing. What are Earth Treks?

GrandmaKaye - Your grandson sounds like a great kid! I can relate about thinking you were all ready for Christmas. I had to run out this morning to get 2 more gifts that I forgot.

Lives2Travel - That's my kind of day. I love spending the day cooking for my loved ones. I get so much joy out of feeding them delicious food. I really enjoyed reading your gratitude. Thanks for the reminder of how fortunate we really are.

Kah - the white trash sounds scrumptious as well as the fudge. I saw a recipe posted on FB for fudge that I reposted because I wanted to try making it. My mom asked if I minded if she made it. I brought her over all my Christmas cookie cutters and told her to go for it. I am excited to try them for Christmas. I hope it was a good recipe.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @nettie--I love quinoa "mac" and cheese! I was just thinking I want to make a batch after the holiday.

@kaye--I'm also hoping to take gunner for a walk. It's pretty cold here (in the teens), but if I bundle up it should be okay. Like you, I worry about slick sidewalks. I've found it's easier to just put on my snow boots and walk through the snow. Much less chance of slipping than on the shoveled sidewalks or roads. Plus, there's the added bonus of trudging through the snow--extra work for my leg muscles. :wink:

@kelley--I LOVE fudge--so glad I don't know how to make it (and please don't tell me it's easy--that would be dangerous! :tongue: ).

@lives--loved your gratitude post--it's so true!

@laurie--I'm jealous of your mild weather! I think it's so great that you turned your trainer on to climbing! Great job getting everything bought and wrapped ahead of time. I'm terrible at that--I always wait until we are out for break to even begin the shopping. I always plan to do a bunch of online shopping and then I forget until it is too late. :ohwell:

Monday Check-in:
    I was several pounds up all week, but this morning dropped a little bit. I know the scale will be all over the place this week, but plan to get really strict with my nutrition after the holiday. I'm also toying with the idea of dropping my calories back down to 1500-ish (currently at 1750). The lower calorie allowance will force me to eat nutrient dense foods to meet the goal.

Today I'm thankful for my job. A lot of people struggle to even find a job or work at jobs that pay so poorly they still struggle to make ends meet. I'm fortunate to have a great job that allows me to live a decent life--I'm not jet-setting all over the world or wearing diamond-soled shoes, but I don't want for any necessities in life and can afford a few luxuries from time to time. There are also a lot of people who make good money but hate every minute of work every day. IMO that's not worth it--I would rather love what I do and earn less, than despise my job to make more money. Despite how much of my "off" time grading takes, I really do love what I do. :heart:

(I really needed to psych myself up to post my grading goals :laugh: )

Grading goals:
    1. x/73 AP essays
    2. x/26 Scarlet Letter essays
    3. x/11 AP analysis activities
    4. x/11 "Lottery" analysis activities
    5. x/52 Scarlet Letter annotations

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner
    Tues--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Fri--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 85
    Dead lift = 90
    Squat = 90
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 60

Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90