Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,124 Member
    Options
    Merry, Merry Christmas Everyone! :heart:
    I am so grateful for everyone on this thread - and especially for all those who have come and gone and have not been here for awhile. I miss those people with all my heart and I hope they are doing well! :heart: BIG HUGS TO EVERYONE!

This morning, to me, is not about a tree and presents, its about the anticipation of seeing family members! For the first time in many years, all my sisters and brothers will be together, so my family will be complete! How wonderful! I am baking a frozen apple pie - the second time I have used my oven - (WOW!) as well as making the mashed potatoes to take to my sister's house. We are having a mixture of traditional and Puerto Rican dishes - it should be great - I'm hoping there will be flan!

Heartfelt Blessings to each and every one of you! :smooched:

How wonderful. Have a joyous day!!!

And best wishes to all who visit this thread.

Lin in Central Iowa. :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Just popping on To say MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone. May you have a truly blessed day with friends and family.:bigsmile: :heart: :heart:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check to say Merry Christmas to all. We are having so much fun with the kids. There's nothing like the enthusiasm of a 4 year old and an almost 3 year old to make Christmas special. Robin, I hope that you have a wonderful time with your family. Everyone have a wonderful day. Kaye
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    merry christmas to all of you! :) You're such a blessing to have in my life!! :)

Today I spent time with my family. So far, have not gone over my calorie count...(I have myself leeway to go up to 2000 today, but I'm still under 1400)

Dad bought me a BEAUTIFUL 3 panel Van Gogh replica.

AND I found some clothes at my parents' house I had from freshman year of college....and I can actually fit into them again. Size 16 pants!! (Granted they've got some stretch) but I don't have a huge muffin top in them. Holy moly. I was going to go buy new work pants tomorrow, but it looks like I won't need to. :)
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Happy Holidays to every one trying to get healthier! May your days be merry and bright!

santa-sleigh_zps6451577d.gif

christmas_animated_gifs_07_zpsc66c4ce7.gif

santa-waving-animation_zpsaeca5268.gif

130_zps5d2470d5.gif
  • michelleborman50
    michelleborman50 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone! My family is getting together Friday so I went to look for a new truck. Figured I could look without any pressure from sales people. Hoping to get one Friday. I am also planning on getting my first piece of exercise equipment so I took down the Christmas tree....I know its still Christmas but the tree is where I want the equipment to go. One of the perks to living alone I guess. :wink: Still need to do some research and decide what I am getting.
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Quick check in...
    Happy Holidays to everyone! Wedding was fabulous, but there is other family drama going on that isn't so fabulous. Didn't do too badly food wise today, so that's a pleasant surprise.

Thinking of changing gyms when my contract is up in a few weeks -- the YouFit we've been going to is just going a bit seedy :(

Anyone been to Planet Fitness? There's one close, and it looks tempting....
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Vicki-I have several co-workers who belong to Planet Fitness and like. I have gone a couple of time and enjoyed it and the place was nice place.

Lin- Hi--Merry Christmas.

Michelle- Enjoy the truck shopping and time with family on Friday.

alupinksk- Yea for finding old clothes that fit like new again. That is a great victory in the process.

Morgori- I love the animations you post on this thread. Thank you.

Kaye-Glad you were able to walk today and enjoy the time with family. I saw my niece today and it was fun, she is still to young for Christmas but it was nice having her around.

Robin-Enjoy the day with family.

I hope everyone had a blessed day. My day was nice and enjoyable. We were able to bring my dad home for a few hours which was great. I am still concerned about his ability to walk and get up on his own. Hopefully, he will continue to improve and get the desire to come home provided he can do more things on his own.

I am grateful for all the blessings in my life including everyone who has provided support and friendship over the years. This includes everyone on this thread since I can always turn to you for support and advice.

In the words of Tiny Tim, "God Bless Us, Everyone."
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone!! :flowerforyou:

@laurie--it's nice that your dad was able to come home for the holiday.

@vickie--I've never been to a Planet Fitness, but I belong to SNAP which is a similar no-frills chain. I really like it.

@michelle--what kind of equipment do you plan to get?

@tom--earlier today I was thinking "I wish I knew how to post those fabulous animations Tom always posts" and poof! there you are!

@alupinsk--Congrats on fitting into the pants! :drinker: One of my favorite NSV's has been getting to fit into all of my old clothes. I'm now smaller than my smallest size, but my sister has given me some stuff that I'm still working my way into--it's great motivation! :flowerforyou:

@kaye--glad you are having so much fun with the little ones. I spent my day with an almost-2-year-old which was also fun. She still doesn't quite get the idea of presents. She would open one present and run off with it. Then when her mom tried to take it away so she could open the next present, she would cry. It was hilarious. :laugh: (not that I enjoyed seeing her cry, but she was being super-drama queen about it all)

@robin--that's so great that your whole family is together--enjoy!

AFM--I spent the morning cooking. This is a rarity for me as I don't like to cook, and I'm not very good at it. However, I know how to make really yummy au gratin potatoes, so I made those to bring to dinner. I also offered to bring a vegetable and made roasted asparagus and onions. Everything turned out great. The veggies were so delicious--I just tossed them in olive oil and minced garlic, sprinkled with salt and pepper, and roasted for 10 minutes at 450 degrees. I will definitely be making them that way again.

I didn't log today, but I didn't go too crazy with the food. I had a little bit of everything, and though I'm sure I'm over calorie goal, I don't feel I completely overdid it. Most of the dishes were higher calorie foods (my potatoes alone were probably 7 or 800 calories for a small serving--they are all cheese and butter and cream :noway: ) and I sampled all 3 desserts, but it was all delicious and I don't feel bad about it.
  • aimeemarie150
    Options
    @vicki

I work out at pf and I have the black card. I love it there. I can always go in and get a good burn going and no one ever bothers you. I love the feeling of no judgment there which is what really sold me. I strongly recommend it. And for $10-20 per month how can you beat it?
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Well, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. This past week has been a whirlwind. We had so many problems with the closing of the sale that I actually had to take some TUMS (never even had to do that when I was pregnant!). But it's all done now and I hope the new owners love my home. It was my dream home and it was hard to leave (until I was paying rent plus the mortgage each month :laugh: )

While I said I was going to try to be good over Christmas, I actually wasn't all that great. I gained 4 pounds in the past week. Not terribly out of whack, but 4 pounds I have to lose again. My sister and I did hit the gym on Tuesday before it closed. Won't call it the best lifting session I've ever had, but I did it.

@Mel...ice storms are yucky. We were very lucky to come out of last spring's one with only some tree damage (and only one tree). I agree it's beautiful, but I remember seeing pictures of Sioux Falls after it and it was so sad to see that trees down and houses wrecked. Glad everyone is okay and it sounds like you will still have a great Christmas. Hope the damage is minimal.
    @Laurie...Glad you are getting some "book" time in. When I lived in Sioux Falls, that was my treat after I got the house clean on a winter day...I'd light a fire, grab a blanket and sit and read. Now my books have become my retreat from my cramped apartment...I grab a book, head to my room and read to avoid the clutter of a cramped apartment. :embarassed: I'm also so happy that you were able to have your Dad for Christmas, even if it was just a few hours.
    @Karen...I ordered delivery Chinese on the 20th and it was delivered 1 1/2 hours after I ordered it. Glad I had ordered a pizza for my kids and my two nephews as they would not have handled the wait well.
    @Kaye...glad you got out for a bit. We've had temps in the 20's for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and it felt like heaven. Today and tomorrow it's going to reach the 30s even!!! We needed a reprieve from the single digits and below zeros we've been having. The only problem is we've had sporadic snow and you can't tell my van is blue at all. :bigsmile: Maybe a car wash in my near future.
    @Robin...I'm so glad your whole family can be together. What a wonderful Christmas for you!
    @Alupinsk...congrats on teh 16!!!

Today I am thankful for games. My family has always spent time around a table playing games and yesterday was no different. We played some Yahtzee Turbo and Sorry with the kids and just to sit back and listen to the giggles makes me happy. I also want to tell you quickly about my gift from Emma. Michael apparently doesn't give her as much direction as I do. She wrapped her present by herself (lovely) and was so proud. I opened it up and it's a figurine of a mother holding a baby that reads -- NEW MOM. HA! My baby is 7 1/2 years old!! :tongue:

My wish for all of us is that we get back on track (if you fell off the wagon this holiday season) and that we end the year 2013 in a great fashion and we all look forward to an awesome 2014.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    I heard from my Dr. about my MRI results bright and early this morning. That is NOT good. He is referring me to a neurologist for further interpretation and wouldn't tell me anything other than the sphenoid sinus did not get clear from the antibiotics. It still looks full on the MRI .So it could be a tumor. Plus the MRI showed "other abnormalities". I can't get in with the neurologist til Jan. 17. So it goes on and on for me. Still have the tongue pain problem and fatigue problem too. Can't wait til this is solved. Could use more prayers.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Robin...they are coming your way. I pray you finally get answers and a treatment that will work. Hang in there!
  • GWENERCR
    Options
    Hi Everyone !!
    I made it through the holidays without overeating. I am going to keep moving forward at the pace I am on right now .It is still working for me ! I am glad to see everyone seemed to have a good holiday ! I will keep posting seeing you alls weight loss gives me the motivation to keep going !!! I haven't posted for a few days . But I will catch up and and try to keep up!!! Thanks !!!

I read your post Robin ! I pray that the neurologist gives you better results than your MRI showed and that you feel better soon !! In JESUS name I pray !
  • aimeemarie150
    Options
    @Robin - SOOO many good and positive vibes going your way!

Thursday thanks - I'm so thankful I got to spend yesterday with my family. My mom filled my stocking with oranges, a squash, and pomegranate instead of candy. I'm so happy my family is starting to realize I'm serious about this weight loss, and it looks like mom's finally getting on board with helping me. I'm so excited about that!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @robin--sorry you have to wait longer for the word on your test results--sending warm thoughts and good vibes your way. :flowerforyou:

@tracy--glad the house sale is finally complete! :drinker: I bet those 4 lbs come right off once you are back on track with food and exercise. The gift from emma is hilarious--I guess she still views herself as your baby.

Thursday Truth:
    I've been sporadically smoking for over a month now. Need to get back on the e-cig and quit again. At least I know I can do it since I did it before. I know from experience I'll have one bad day of nicotine withdrawal (headache, nausea, fever), so I want to get past that before I have to go back to work on Jan. 6th.

Today, I am cleaning a bit--dishes and laundry, but also need to run a broom through the house. Gunner's fur is everywhere--it gathers like tumbleweeds along the baseboards. After that I will head to starbucks to grade for a bit. I want to get started on the AP essays. I'm wavering about whether or not I want to go to the gym first.
  • khaleesinoodlebelly
    Options
    Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Truth: Today I weigh more than I have in many many many moons. Maybe as many as 10 years ago. I am not mad at me. I am tired of me not fixing this. But to be a total hypocrite. I am tired of viewing myself as the problem. I am not a problem. I am the solution. --Now i just need to believe it. Because without believing that I am the solution to all that is kiddywompus in my life. I am hopeless.
  • aimeemarie150
    Options
    @bee - hey. chin up cupiecake :) You're on here, which means you want to be on here. It's a start. :) I was at my heaviest when I finally came back on here. (I've had an account for about 2 years) YOU CAN DO IT. **insert Rob Schneider's voice**
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    DH has been sick for a week. He finally admitted he was sick enough to go to the Dr. He has a pretty bad case of bronchitis. They did a chest xray and there is no pneumonia. Today I am thankful for antibiotics. He should be back to normal soon.
    Robin, I'm sorry that your MRI was so scary. I wish you could see the neurologist sooner.
    Thursday truth: The holidays have not been good to me. Today I am up 5# from my previous low. On January 1st I am going to update my ticker and hit this with vengeance again.
    It sounds like Christmas was good for everyone.
    Have a good day. Kaye