Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I hope you all had a great Boxing Day/ St. Stephen's Day!

Ellen- It sure seems to me that the Dr. should be able to see you sooner. Have you told them how long this has been going on? Have you tried other neurologists? The one I go to will see me if I call and sweet talk her. Best wishes for you. As you rest and heal, know that you are thought of warmly and wished a quick recovery.

“Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.” - Hamilton Wright Mabie

Tom
  • GWENERCR
    Options
    Hi Everyone !!! Happy Friday !!!!

I walk 1- 3 miles with Leslie Sansone to keep fit each day !! I ride my elliptical/bike usually every other day3-5 miles. When I am walking around I try to throw in squats or something,but that don't always happen. I am trying to stick to the walking and elliptical/bike. So far ,so good. i normally stick to what I do thru the week. most of the time that has worked for me . So far !! (LOL) I am home almost everyday now . I am no longer working due to injury that is how I gained this extra 60lbs. I work for UPS and that was all the exercise I needed!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Ton - thank you for your kind words - my referring doc has 2 groups of neuros he works with and this is the soonest he could get me in. Seems like there's always a crunch around the new years. I'm content waiting for the neuro, at the moment because they are mailing me the report to read. I should have that early next week - I told them I'd worked for a neurosurgeon for 19 years and I was NOT going to wait til the 17th to know the news!!!! If I see something on the report that scares me, you can be sure I'll be on the phone all day long, getting in contact with the surgeons directly!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Arrgh! I posted earlier today, but it must have been right when robin was rolling the thread b/c now the post is MIA. :ohwell: No time to re-post right now, so I'll get back to you all later tonight.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @robin--glad they are sending you the report and you don't have to wait until the 17th to at least see that.

@gwen--sounds like you have a good routine going for yourself!

@tom--love your santa pic!

@lin--Hi! :flowerforyou:

@lauren--welcome and congrats on your progress thus far! :drinker:

@alupinsk--sounds like you have some great rewards lined up!

@tammy--I also took gunner for a long walk. That's great that you are increasing your laps! Good luck getting all of your decorations organized and put away. :flowerforyou:

@kareleona--I have the same mindset as you--just happy to get through these holidays with no damage and ready to get back on track with the food going forward!

@mel--glad you think the damming problem is solved and are getting on to the repairs now.

@nettie--sounds like you got some great presents from the DH!

Friday Fitness:
    Nicer weather meant a longer walk for gunner today, plus I went to the gym. I'm really happy with my current exercise routine--the mix of lifting and cardio seems to be working. I've been lifting heavy since about September and although I haven't lost any weight, I've noticed much more muscle definition in my arms. My core is also a lot firmer even if it's not any smaller.

That being said, I think my personal goal for January will be a nutrition goal. I was thinking I would lower my calorie goal to 1550. However, when I went to adjust it, I realized I had already lowered it. Not sure when I did that, but looking back at my reports it appears to have been sometime around the beginning of Nov. My reports also show that my carbs have been too high and my protein too low, so my personal goal will be to hit my 40/30/30 macros. Hopefully, that will be enough to get the scale moving in the right direction.

Didn't get any grading done, but I did do some more cleaning around the house--washed throw rugs and swept up furballs. Tomorrow will be a grading day for sure.

Grading goals:
    1. 1/72 AP essays
    2. x/26 Scarlet Letter essays
    3. x/11 "Lottery" analysis activities
    4. x/52 Scarlet Letter annotations

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + gym (cardio) NOT DONE (shoveled instead)
    Fri--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 85
    Dead lift = 90
    Squat = 90
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 60

Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    DH slept all day. He seems to be feeling better tonight. He loves football so we'll see if he can stay awake for the bowl game tonight.
    I have logged my food today. I also did my yoga DVD and walked a couple of miles. It was just too cold to stay out any longer than that.
    I'm going to give some careful consideration to my January goals. One will for sure be to drink more water. I have never really gotten a handle on that. I'm thinking about a couple of other things.
    Lauren, you have already done so well. I know you will find the support you seek here. Just come back often and share.
    I'm thankful for a quiet day. I got a lot done and enjoyed my walk so much.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • dukesduchess350
    dukesduchess350 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think for January my goal will be to increase my water and walking time. I seem to be doing well with my calories now its time to put more exercise into it. I seem to be slacking a bit on that.

To the new ladies welcome to the group and I'm sure you will enjoy the support and company! :happy:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    A small scale victory today. I finally dropped below 195 as the scale read 194.8 this morning so I decided to record it. I have been stuck between 195 and 203 for over a year and a half now. The past 6 months, my weight has been slowly decreasing then increasing but did not dropped below the 195 mark. I reached that mark after I had the flu for a few days. I just hope the weight continues to drop instead doing the roller coaster ride.

My dad will be in the rehab center for one more week. Today, we had a meeting with the key players at the rehab center so we were all on the same page. They will continue to work on his walking and regaining his strength. We made sure that Dad knows exactly what he need to accomplish before he comes home. He was a little sad but I think he understands that Mom can't handle him if he starts to fall or she can't reach the wheel chair in time. The problem with him is that when you tell him he is doing good he is okay with that and does not strive for Great or Fantastic. I hope that he will push himself to reach a new level.

Karen- Congratulation on getting back to the e-cig, I know you will kick the habit again. I salute your attempt to grade papers, I am just not ready to face that reality yet, alas I know it needs to be done.

Nettie- I hope my dad also makes progress after coming home.

Lauren and all the other new people- Welcome to the group, hope you will post often. You will get to know a very supportive group of people who are willing to provide advice based on past experiences.

I will be thinking about my January goals but I am leaning towards getting back to losing weight. I want to reach 190 lbs by Valentine's day. That means losing about 5 pounds in 6 weeks, very doable. Another goal is to try the Master's swim workout on a Saturday morning in January. The 1.5 hours workout is intimidating to me not to mention the number of laps they swim during the workout.

Fitness- I will still continue to work on my core strength, weight lifting and cardio to improve my endurance.

Have a great night and fantastic weekend.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    BUMP! (and HI!!!!) :bigsmile:
  • Taratruex
    Taratruex Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness- Recently I have decided that I need to re-dedicate myself to the cause! With my husband being out of work for the last two years I have really had to buckle down and focus on work and keeping the house afloat. He is now working and we have a normal income again. Which means that I have resumed my gym membership. It is way to cold to run outside and I also love cycling but it also a little cold for that as well.

I have not spoken to any of you in so long it is shameful. I hope you all are getting along ok. I kind of fell off of the weight loss band wagon and have gained some weight back but I am back in action and would like to join this group again. You all were very thoughtful and helpful when I was a huge part of this group. I really did miss you all and for a long time I stalked the group just reading the information you all wrote. I hope some of you will remember me. One good thing about being away all this time that I am really proud of is that I continued to log the good and bad. I am at 825 consecutive days.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    You guys are all inspiring. Many of you work out regularly and it shows in your successes. I want to join 'that' club!, so for January I want to make a change for the better.
    My goals for January are simple...to get back to eating better and getting some exercise.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    /bump (and I'm still alive and kicking....sort of)

Greetings all. I' m back, after a major depressive episode and am now in the tailend of a major gout flare(from 'shame on me eating' during the depression.

To make it more fun the temp job i got wasnt just a long commute. It was also a living hell of suspicious paranoid people, terrible mamagement, and a single secretary who held the entire company hostage with her permanent PMS. Thankfully my third week there Hp email me and THEY WANT ME BACK! I have another 2 year contract with them starting January 6th.

So glad the holidays are over and behind me!

Missed you all lots, and I've peeked in regularly to follow everyones progress/struggles.

Here's to a better 2013
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Set your personal monthly challenge and share it with us.

January: Personal challenge is going to be to get into the lower 220s. I'm running roughly 10 pounds lost each month, which is fine by me. :) It's weird to think how far I've come in the last 5 months. I have no fitness resolutions for the new year....only to continue getting more fit and more happy. :) When I weighed myself today I "hit" my 70 pound mark, but Sundays are my weigh in day, so we'll see if that fluctuates any.

30 pounds away from having lost 100 just seems so surreal...I still feel like I'm over 300, but my body feels so much better. I'm hoping by the end of February I'm close to 200. It'll be the first time since high school I've weighed that little. It's definitely attainable. Just have to keep plugging away. :) I decided when I hit 100 lost, I am going to buy myself a piece of jewelry. I've never bought myself "real" jewelry before, but this is the time to do it. :) I'm also trying to figure out if I can financially swing taking a cruise or a big trip down to the SC/GA/FL area in late September. According to my calculations, if I continue losing roughly 10 pounds each month, I will be in the 150s by that time, which is my ultimate goal weight. I want to celebrate my loss and go big on it! :) I've never weighed under 175 pounds in my teenage or adult life, so I'm very excited to see what I'll look like when that happens.

You are truly inspiring! You should congratulate yourself on doing something many others only dream of.
  • GWENERCR
    Options
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE !!

CONGRATS TO ALL THAT ARE MAKING THEIR GOALS AND PUSHING FORWARD TO CONTINUE TO LOSE THE WEIGHT. THIS WEEK I GOT EXERCISE DONE EVERYDAY! THAT HAD BEEN HARD .!! SO I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THAT ACCOMPLISHMENT !! HAVE A HAPPY SATURDAY !!! GWEN FROM ILLINOIS
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Hope you all are enjoying your Saturday. I just got back from walking the dogs. Had to cut back on the jogging part today as my right knee was bothering me yesterday afternoon. I am not one to not listen when my body complains so back to just walking for a few days at least and then we will see from there. Gave the dogs their bones when we got home and for some reason petey is not settling sown with his and keeps trying to steal Zeuses. I swear sometimes they are worse then toddlers. I am going to have to give some thought to my goal for January. I have a couple ideas percolating in the back of my head.

MowMow so happy to see your pretty face again, Sorry things havent been going so well but yeah that you get to go back to the job you really enjoyed. Hopefully everything will start looking up now.
    I hope everyone is out having a fabulous weekend and making wonderful choices. I am off to clean the never stays clean kitchen again, lol. Cya all later :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Happy Saturday, everyone!

@kris--it's great to see you back, and that's wonderful news that HP wants you back! I know you loved it there! :drinker:

@taratruex--Hey there! So happy you're back here posting. Glad to hear your husband is back to work--that's got to be a huge stress relief! Are you still running?

@nicole--hi! :happy:

@laurie--congrats on the SV!! I'm still looking to get back to my ticker weight and would like to then resume some weight loss.I feel like we've both been in "maintenance" mode for so long, but I know we can get the scale moving down again in 2014!

Saturday Success;
    I did much better with my macros yesterday although there are still a few holiday treats floating around the house. I also need to go grocery shopping to stock up on more protein rich foods. Tonight we are having steak for dinner, so no lack of protein there!

The weather is beautiful here, so I will get my cardio outside with gunner. The ground is still a bit messy with ice and snow, so most of it will be walking, but at least we can take the long route without worrying about freezing. :smile:

Grading goals:
    1. 1/72 AP essays

Exercise goals:
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (cardio)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 85
    Dead lift = 90
    Squat = 90
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 60

Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are all doing great and I love seeing the January goals people are coming up with. I am going to skip personals right now as I am just taking a quit break from my to do list today.

Goals for January
    * Drink 8 glasses of water (boy did I fall off the wagon on that one)
    * One soda a week
    * Lift three times a week
    * Minimum two cardio workouts a week (shoot for three but...)
    * Get my calories back under control and within my "goal"

I just returned from my lifting session, I have laundry going and I'm headed to the bathroom to bleach the heck out of it. I've been keeping up with the regular cleaning, but it needs a good scrub down to end/begin the year. :glasses: Then it's off to visit friends for the evening and just have a great night of hanging out.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a wonderful walk! The sun is shining. It is still pretty cold, but I managed to work up a sweat anyway. My new coat and boots kept me very warm, just a cold nose and cheeks. Walking sure does improve my mood.
    DH seems better today, although still looks like a ways to go. At least he isn't spending the day in bed. He's catnapping on the couch while watching the bowl games. :wink:
    So glad to see everyone recommitting for the new year. It is a wonderful time to start over.
    Kris-so glad to see you back. I'm glad you get to have the job that you love!
    Karen-I walked out on the county roads as they are clearer than the city streets. The city streets are still pretty icy and messy.
    Have a great day. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @kaye--sounds like a great walk! Glad the hubs is feeling better.

@tracy--those are wonderful goals! :flowerforyou:

AFM--took a lovely walk with gunner in our 50 degree temps. The sidewalks were a slushy mess, but at least not dangerously slippery. I put on my snow boots and trudged right through the slop. :laugh:

Now I'm at starbucks and I plan to get somethine accomplished here before heading to the grocery store. DH is making crab bisque from scratch. He does this every once in a blue moon--iot takes a lot of work, but it's scrumptious! Calorie count on it isn't too bad. It's full of cream and butter, but a small serving hits the spot since it's so rich.

Grading goals:
    1. 1/72 AP essays

Exercise goals:
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + gym (cardio) NOT DONE (but went extra long with gunner)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 85
    Dead lift = 90
    Squat = 90
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 60

Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • Taratruex
    Taratruex Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound- I am still running. I recently finished my first half marathon on October 6th. Injured my foot a little and have taken too much time off. I am back in the saddle as of yesterday. I went out and lost a lot of endurance and about kicked myself in the butt!

Saturday Successes- After way to much time off. I have decided to get back on track. Back in April of this year I was at my lowest weight. 185.00. I have since then gained some of that back and am now approximately 212.00. I am not going to dwell on the weight gain, instead I will focus on the fact that I am back at it. I am so happy that I found this thread again and that you all are still here. This year I am making some fitness related resolutions. I plan to complete a cycling event and more running events than I completed last year. I think that they really keep me focused and that is what I need right now.