God Forbid we eat fast food

Options
14567810»

Replies

• MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell! I love taco bell!
    Wendys only during Lent because they have the best Fish meal out of all the fast places.
  • tlatrice13
    tlatrice13 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It was like listening to Beethoven's 9th while hugging sixteen babies and smelling a thousand roses.

Best description EVER! :laugh:
  • realmeryl16
    realmeryl16 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I usually eat fast food for dinner every other night when I'm on night shifts. The hospital where I work ironically has fastfood restaurants all over, so there's not much of a choice. I usually get a fried chicken meal with rice (rice meals are common in our McDonald's, BurgerKing, KFC joints...)
  • kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If I don't have much other choice than to eat out I'll eat a 6-inch sub from Subway or a Spinach Feta Wrap from Starbucks.
  • heatbreakerr
    Options
    IT'S ALL ABOUT MODERATION. :wink:

Each time I think about going to a fast food restaurant this video comes to mind...

http://youtu.be/dRZrDjGSFEk

Which lets me moderate, quite a bit..
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    My go-to when I'm on the run is a McDonald's Southwest Chicken Salad. Absolutely delicious, and it's only 420 calories or thereabouts including the dressing.

I like McDonald's chicken wraps too, but I think the salad stays with me longer.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    MFP is full of people who used to love fast food, then convinced themselves it's "gross" while they lose weight.

+10,000

:love:
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I could never give up my fast food! I get cranky if I deprive myself of the things I love. So I just budget it into my day like everyone else, here!

I still have takeout, eat out in restaurants and have the occasional McDonald's! McDonald's not so much as I find it isnt very filling for the amount of calories you end up consuming! I just never feel full for more than 30 minutes afterwards!
  • AbigailWins
    Options
    I duck into a supermarket and buy bananas or dates or some walnuts to keep me going until I get home. I can't think of one good reason to eat fast food. That's easy for me since I think it's disgusting and am also horrified by the way animals are treated to make that kind of food. I am filled with horror at the mere thought of going to Macdonalds or Kentucky Fried Chicken or Burger King or any of those kinds of places.

If I can't get to a supermarket to buy something like blueberries or walnuts then I guess I would think about a sandwhich that would be better than a drive through place? Surely starving oneself is better than eating from a drive through fast food place? Or am I the only person who feels like this about junk food?

You're not, but many of us have learned to balance good health and weight without demonizing food as "junk." I think being "horrified" by any food, save a food you're severely allergic to, is kind of dramatic, don't you think?

I'd agree with you if I hadn't see videos of how animals are treated by the fast food industry. Thanks for letting me know you're aware of other people who feel the same way as I do about junk food. (it's a normal name for that here, nobody calls it fast food, it's a standard label to just call it junk food - it's a cultural difference more than dramatic effect).

I've seen several of those videos as well (If slaughterhouses had glass walls etc). I still enjoy fast food 3-4 times a week :drinker:

Well lets just be real here. Its a slaughter house. Whether for a fast food joint vs a supermarket. A slaughter house is a slaughter house. Since when is killing an animal not inhumane? LOL. ijs....

Yep, it is what it is and it doesn't bother me. I was raised in the country and we had farm (food) animals and I also used to hunt when I was a teenager. Gutting a deer is definitely an educational experience lol.

I am trying not to visualize you gutting a deer and laughing out loud, that's what lol means right? Thanks for sharing and responding to what I wrote several times. Good to know you are there. I am not going to tell you not to kill Bambi and laugh out loud while you open the carcass with a knife, it's your right and I defend that right to do what ever it is that makes you happy. Have a nice day :-)
  • Danilova82
    Options
    I consider fast food to be anything from a drive thru type of place or basically anything from any type of chain restaurant since all that stuff is mostly pre cooked and loaded with additives. I travel halfway across Missouri twice a week and so have lunch out at least on those days. I usually get lunch from Whole Foods because they have so many choices and I don't want the same thing all the time. I suppose most people think WF is healthy but personally I've found a lot of their choices to be very high in sodium at least as far as their prepared deli foods, hot bar, sushi, soups, etc. I guess I could make it easy and get fruit and greek yogurt and nuts or whatever but I really enjoy eating there. As far as other fast foods go, I don't ever really want burgers and fries or greasy stuff--not because I think it is bad but I don't crave it. I've found that the more I eat a very balanced, nutrient rich diet, the less I have cravings.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Thinking fast food is gross doesn't make you better than us. Just saying.

It absolutely does NOT I totally agree. I think junk food is disgusting, I don't think YOU are disgusting. Not now not ever.

Agreed 100%

And to the person who said MFP is full of people who used to love (or eat) FF and now think it's gross because they are trying to lose weight, thankfully - I am not one of them. I never liked it, ever. Haven't eaten at a McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, etc in over 20 years. Not really sure why either... just never liked the food. Just like I don't eat beef or processed meats, not sure why my tastes just aren't suited to them, so I don't eat them... even bacon... I know.. it's a sacrilege.... I just have never liked it... oh well! (Love me some chocolate though and ice cream and waffles, oh and tater chips! Did I mention chocolate???) Anyway, I digress.... :smile: :laugh:
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    MFP is full of people who used to love fast food, then convinced themselves it's "gross" while they lose weight.

Live in town where a couple of teenage boys were caught jackingoff in the secret sauce and you will never eat that crap again, or maybe you will, who knows, I can not speak for you, only me. Maybe other MFPers can also speak for themselves as well?

It is very interesting to me how so many MFPers seem to know how others think and feel with out knowing them or anything about them.

Fast food is gross.

This doesn't only occur at fast food joints. Ever read the book by Tony Bourdain called Kitchen Confidential, or the book Heat by Bill Buford? I totally recommend the books by the way, not for the crazy kitchen shenanigans, but the funny real life stories. Good reads.

Oh I agree. I worked at Red Lobster when I was a teenager and one of the cooks was almost fired for throwing a piece of fish away that he dropped AND stepped on. The manager pulled it out of the trash, rinsed it off and made him cook it. That manager has no idea how many boogers and other things went into his food over the next few months.

I am a food snob, and I really do not care who makes passive aggressive little comments to try and degrade me about it. If I am going to eat out, it is going to be a DARN good meal, usually in a restaurant where I can see the kitchen from my seat. Although my preference is going to be sashami cut in front of me.

And ya know what? Who the f cares if this world is full of people that used to eat fast food and now think it is gross. Things like that happen when we get older and get accustom to finer things in life.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    And ya know what? Who the f cares if this world is full of people that used to eat fast food and now think it is gross. Things like that happen when we get older and get accustom to finer things in life.

There's the ol "I'm better because I don't like fast food" argument. Love it.
  • CTolson1978
    Options
    Fast food is not bad. Just track your macros and if it fits, its okay.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Options

AWE honey, no one can make you feel less than you are but you. No one is saying anyone is better than anyone else, but if you choose to feel that way, that is your prerogative.

Maybe a nice long look in the mirror and say: I am good enough, I am smart enough,, and doggonit, people like me. :flowerforyou:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

AWE honey, no one can make you feel less than you are but you. No one is saying anyone is better than anyone else, but if you choose to feel that way, that is your prerogative.

Maybe a nice long look in the mirror and say: I am good enough, I am smart enough,, and doggonit, people like me. :flowerforyou:

I didn't say anything about how I feel.

I'm just laughing at the tired old "my tastes are superior to yours" attitude and argument.

Which was, predictably, followed by another condescending post.

Your need to feel superior to others is clearly quite strong.
  • latewinterwolf
    Options
    i dont avoid it lol :o.
    Some saturday night we get indian takeaway but id hardly call that fast foood
    And i soo can not wait for this kfc to open up the road :)

But kfc is more my treat that i havnt had for about 2 years now:( (hasnt been one near me ) But any other fast food mcdonalds and burger king are just grose mainly because mcdonads gave me food poisoning so never again in my life will i step through a door to thatplace
  • Lesa_Sass
    Options

I didn't say anything about how I feel.

I'm just laughing at the tired old "my tastes are superior to yours" attitude and argument.

Which was, predictably, followed by another condescending post.

Your need to feel superior to others is clearly quite strong.

BWHAHAHAHA...... So you do not feel that way but are an expert at how every one else thinks and feels? MMM k

I am going to take my vastly superior behind to the grocery store so I can make dinner for my family. Have a nice day.
  • 34blast
    34blast Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight for sure eating out. I eat out 1 or 2 meals everyday because of work
    1 Sandwich shop (Jason's Deli, Subway, Which which, Potbelly, Subway)
    1 Taco place (e.x. Taco Cabana Chicken Tacos and boracho beans, taco bell fresco tacos)

I think eating and making your own nutrition meals is better, but I have a crazy work schedule.

I can tell you being a farmer in my youth, what you buy at the store is not really much healthier than fast foods if you don't read the labels very carefully. Unless you grow your own organic foods, you can knit pick at every food.

Use sense when eating out e.g. how about a plain chicken sandwich and fruit versus a Big Mac and Fries. Almost every place has something healthy you can eat if you try hard enough. ChickFilet mentioned. A grilled sandwich with a side of fruit. If you are against all white flour, get the salad.