Am I the Only Person Turned of by...

Options
167891012»

Replies

• SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I like when a women has paragraphs written on her, if she is lame in bed then I has something to read

Slow clap.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    There's a nurse at my doctor's office with tattoos and piercings. Every time she comes in to do my intake or give me a shot, the only thing I can think is, "hepatitis".

I guess you didn't know that tattoo parlors have to adhere to health and safety rules. People like you make me sad. So judgmental.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Eh, everyone has their preferences. But at this point, I think it's more likely that someone has a tattoo, than someone doesn't.

Some tattoos are awful, but for the most part, I love them, both on myself, and on other people. They can be super hot. And I do have a paragraph inked on my ribs, along with a few others.

Not sure who you hang out with, but I can't think of a single one of my close friends or any family members with a tattoo. They're not *that* common.

According to one website, the percentage of tattooed American
    14% of all Americans
    36% American 18-25
    40% Americans 26-40

So, still more without than with. But more than I thought there would be. It will be interesting to see if the younger group continue to have less than the 26-40 group (i.e. trend is waning) or they're just waiting to get tattooed.
  • oiypus
    oiypus Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this thread is about tattoos or turn-offs.

In the case of the former, I like a nice, well-defined tattoo. I don`t like those that are too complicated. Backstories are always interesting; but if the tattooed person has a lame explanation for their ink, that`s a deal-breaker.

Big turn-off: penciled eyebrows in woman. I`d choose a Frida Kahlo style brow over thin, perfect arcs any day.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    There's a nurse at my doctor's office with tattoos and piercings. Every time she comes in to do my intake or give me a shot, the only thing I can think is, "hepatitis".

That's taking it one step beyond "I don't think that's attractive" right into "judgmental jerk" territory.
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    IMG_1927_zps135b646d.png

OP: Don't try to tell me my tattoo isn't sexy...
  • ND_Figgzie
    ND_Figgzie Posts: 1,480
    Options
    IMG_1927_zps135b646d.png

OP: Don't try to tell me my tattoo isn't sexy...

that is sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are like pretty much everything else. They look insanely hot on some women, ( including some of the women on here ), and kind of meh on others. A lot of it depends on the tattoo. A lot of it depends on the woman. I've seen some women who wore their tattoos poorly and while it wasn't a turn off, it certainly didn't add anything to the moment. I've seen other women whose tattoos simply mesmerized me. Not the artwork so much as just that particular ink, in that particular spot, on that particular body. Totally hypnotic.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options

That's taking it one step beyond "I don't think that's attractive" right into "judgmental jerk" territory.
    Frankly, I don't think I would like it, either. I'm not a "judgmental jerk"....that in and of itself seems judgmental to me.
    But again.
    This OP asked for people's opinions about tattoos. You're reading opinions! Don't judge!
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

Frankly, I don't think I would like it, either. I'm not a "judgmental jerk"....that in and of itself seems judgmental to me.
    But again.
    This OP asked for people's opinions about tattoos. You're reading opinions! Don't judge!

don't judge the judges!
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    mm tattoos
  • apercanis
    Options
    I prefer to gaze upon a blank canvas... :flowerforyou:
    lmao your comment made my night
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Tattoos on a woman is like grafitti on a work of art. I don't care for it, but, having said that, all three of my daughters have some ink, and I don't love them any less.
  • mmartinez_az
    Options
    Tramp stamps drives me crazy

:drinker:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Meh, I don't mind if a guy has one or two... but not if he's overdone. The male form is incredible, why would they want to hide it?
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Honestly, everyone has their preferences and its fine to judge to a certain extent. But if that's your deal breaker for giving someone a chance you may have bigger problems than who has or doesn't have ink.

if theyre big, or imo ugly tattoos then ya its a deal breaker for me. im sure you have things that are deal breakers for you right? maybe things that the person cant really control even

Actually not really. I have been known to date a wide range of differrnt type of guys. I would only judge to a certain extent but
    definitely been around and seen too much in my life to judge purely on appearances. I was in the army and seen men without limbs and badly burned and I would date those guys in a heart beat due to their tenacity and loyalty. If they have tats... bonus.

well so would i, someone doesnt choose to lose a limb i wouldnt hold that against someone. tattoos are a choice i simply dont understand. and i probably do judge off appearances too much, pierced/tattoo just isnt my personality so i doubt a girl with lots of ink would be very compatible with me.

Choice or no choice, its still judging appearances. I truly do not see how a tattoo can change an attraction to someone. Based on compatibility last time I checked no one certain personality or genre of person is only subject to getting tattoos. I by appearance someone would pick me out to be the preppy type, especially since at first glance you cant see my tats they are all easily hidden. However, get to know me and you will find I love country and classic rock amd grew up riding horses amd am a country girl at heart. So looks are deceiving so are tattoos

This is so true. I'm really covered and my face is full of piecings... but I'm a preschool teacher. I'm just about the most vanilla, gentle person you can imagine. I just want my body to be a work of art; and my skin to reflect my soul. I've dated so many guys who expected me to be a hardcore partier and they were very disappointed. Hahaha!

I know people find it "shallow" if you admit to being attracted or turned off by a certain type person/attribute. But we all have preferences and there is nothing wrong with that. I have no problem admitting I like black men over white men, I like brunettes over blondes, short hair over long. While I will date white guys, long hair, etc if I am in a room with a black guy with nice short cropped hair and a white blonde guy I'm going to make more of an effort to get to know the former ,... That is who I am attracted to and my preference. If he turns out to be a **** and the other guy the prince, ok it happens.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    When I go on dates it doesn't even cross my mind if the guy has tattoos or not. I agree to the date based on his character and our compatibility. It doesn't matter if he lifts or not as well.