my hubby paying me to lose weight

Options

Replies

• TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    ****... I need to get married. does anyone want a cat?

Girl, your cat is why you ain't married, REMEMBER?

my cat takes like 5 points off my attractiveness rating, that *kitten* is OUT
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Are you usually on an allowance? I find this offensive. If I want money, I withdraw it.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Creepy might not be the exact word I would use, but I can not even imagine!!! I guess that's because I make money and don't place much value in it in the first place, and thank God I have a husband that lovingly supports me in everything I do and we share everything. Maybe if money was important to me, I would do anything to get it. Idk, sounds like the wrong way to go about losing weight. I'd be curious to see how much is gained back after the deal is done.
    And someone said their husband will do sexual favors if they lose weigh...what?! If you're husband is not wanting to do that every chance he gets anyway, your marriage needs some serious help.
  • LALALA28115
    Options
    My hubby gave me a great incentive to lose weight. He said he would pay me for every pound i lost. 1-10 pounds $10 a pound. 11-20 pounds $15 a pound..21-30 pounds $20 a pound. Anything over 30 pounds $25 a pound. I need to lose 42 pounds. Gained the majority of the weight when i quit smoking. I can do this !!!'
    Gotta be honest, I would be insulted to no end if it were me. That is NOT a positive thing, IMO. I am doing this for ME, not money. I have bought myself things when I have hit certain goals, but being paid to lose weight just would rub me the wrong way all day long!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Am I really the only one who finds this creepy?

Not to be an internet jerk, but I find it a little creepy, too. Not so much about having a monetary incentive to lose weight, but more so the idea of a spouse "paying" the other--as if the money is all his? Shouldn't it be, like, shared? Or if you both keep your finances separate, shouldn't you have your own money in the first place? Just seems like a weird power dynamic to gift each other money when you're married.

(I might just be in an online snarky mood, though. Apologies.)
    If they keep their finances separate, then he could be paying her from his funds.
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I would say that you will not do it and have lasting results unless you do it for yourself....that said if it works for you BONUS!!!!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Haha, my aunt (mom's sister) paid my mom $500 to lose 50 pounds when my mom was diagnosed with diabetes. She has done well at keeping it off since then.
  • CORTNEY5
    CORTNEY5 Posts: 87 Member
    Options

Totally creepy. I would be offended by the offer.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My husband has offered sexual favors for every 2lbs I lose.

Giggidy!
  • sbooski
    sbooski Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Definitely not the only one! i'm all for support but this is not the way to go about it...
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    wow.
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Can you get your husband to hook me up too?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    In for more "your relationship sucks because it's not like mine."
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    OP, I know nothing of your relationship but if this were to occur in mine it would be because my husband thinks I can't do it and is basically banking on my failure.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    who in the hell is anyone to judge how to motivate someone. everyone is different in what they respond to. if she feels she will be motivated more to keep on track by a promise her husband made then so be it. and while most marriages the money is equal im getting the feeling the money he pays her is hers to do with as she wishes, not something that they have to sit down and figure out finances to see if it is feasible.

and for the record, all men pay for sex. just not all transactions are of the monetary persuasion
  • kittykat925
    kittykat925 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    First, the determination needs to come from inside to actually do it, but if having your husband make you an offer like that will keep you motivated, then so be it.
    In my opinion, I feel it's a "to each their own" kind of thing and since no one here knows what kind of relationship you and your husband have those opinions should be kept out of this. If that is what makes you happy and gives you incentive to get to goal then I say do your best and earn that $$$... :wink:
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    ****... I need to get married. does anyone want a cat?

Girl, your cat is why you ain't married, REMEMBER?

my cat takes like 5 points off my attractiveness rating, that *kitten* is OUT

I'll marry you!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I'm of the opinion that external motivators don't work in the long run. You have to want this for yourself, and not just do it to please someone else or get some money for it.

If your true motivation is from within, perhaps your husband's offer can keep you focused, but you need to do it for you, not for him, for long-term success.

ETA: Yeah. What kittycat said.
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Nope.

Anyone without a generous spouse who wants to earn money sticking to their goals (and pay up if they miss them!) should try the Gym Pact app. I was too scared to sign up personally!

I downloaded the Pact app and AFTER signing up for a Gym Pact I found out that apartment gyms don't count. I struggled through meeting my first pact and then cancelled it for the future. I do use the Veggie Pact and Logging Pact sections though.. get paid to log on MFP and take pics of the fruits and veggies I eat? Don't mind if I do. :)
  • kittykat925
    kittykat925 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    who in the hell is anyone to judge how to motivate someone. everyone is different in what they respond to. if she feels she will be motivated more to keep on track by a promise her husband made then so be it. and while most marriages the money is equal im getting the feeling the money he pays her is hers to do with as she wishes, not something that they have to sit down and figure out finances to see if it is feasible.

and for the record, all men pay for sex. just not all transactions are of the monetary persuasion

Well said!