Couch to 5K (C25K) Starting today. Anyone interested?

Options
I'm going to start the C25K program tonight and thought it would be fun to do with a group of people.

Here's the program:
http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/moxiebin/bm_tools.cgi?print=181;s=2_3;site=1

lmk if anyone is interested!

Replies

• Endeavors
    Endeavors Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started 2 days ago! I'm on my 2nd running day today. I'd love to do it with you :]
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I`ve recently started. I`m on W2 D3 (tomorrow), so I`ll be interested to see how you get on :smile:
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I started this morning! I felt great afterward. A little (very) sore now, but I can't wait to say that I kicked c25k's butt instead of it kicking mine.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    hmmmmm:yawn: get off the couch eh? lol reading the program now, interesting. I'll let you know but I am thinking I could start on Thanksgiving Morning I have the long 4 day weekend ahead. Good Luck All!:drinker:
  • buttercupke
    Options
    i will but i gotta wait a couple of days...just getting over a major illness but will love to keep up with you
  • Wiitabax
    Wiitabax Posts: 284
    Options
    Well I plan the following:

1. Recover from surgery.
    2. Get back to the gym (when okay).
    3. Continue with weight loss.
    4. When I hit 14 Stone... run a 5k to raise money for O.I. (Osteogenesis Imperfecta a.k.a. Brittle Bone Disease).

It's a plan I'm all geared for - if it's applicable, I'll def. be interested in joining you on your journey! :)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I am in. I'll hit the treadmill after my workout.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Y'all ready for this? Link to free podcast downloads of the C25K program - recommended if you like electronic music!

http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html

He has mixed in pre-timed cues that indicate when you should switch from walking to jogging intervals, and has mixed the workouts with BPM in mind.

The site also has mixes for the 'Gateway to 8K' amd 'Freeway to 10K' interval training series.

Good luck, all!
  • Shaqueta
    Options
    I've been wanting to try it so definately count me in. I need to this to respark my workout. I'm headed to the site now.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about doing this for awhile. So, I'm going to start with you. Is it ok if I use the treadmill?
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    I've been thinking about doing this for awhile. So, I'm going to start with you. Is it ok if I use the treadmill?
    absolutely! i'll be using a treadmill, too.
  • fullagrace
    Options
    I just did week 3 day 1. I bet you will all catch up as I am sure I will have to keep repeating days lol.
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options
    I'm in! I'm having such a tough time motivating myself to do this. My gym bag is packed and ready for tomorrow.

I so need to be held accountable and seeing other people do this as well might just get the spark going in me.

See y'all tomorrow when I check in!
  • binary_jester
    Options
    c25k Day 1: 5 min warm up 60 sec@7mph 90sec@3.3mph 25 intervals
    403 calories burned!
  • dietingbooboo
    Options
    I did the program over the summer and am gearing up for my 2nd 5k in two weeks! It's a great program, good luck!
  • Monomyth
    Options
    Is this okay to do if you haven't done exercise in a while? I'm very interested and it looks good :)
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Is this okay to do if you haven't done exercise in a while? I'm very interested and it looks good :)
    Yep. It is for a couch potato and breaks you in gradually.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    Week 1, Day 1 completed! I cannot even remember the last time I purposely ran for no other reason but to run. Gawd it's been years. I.DID.IT!

I downloaded a C25K hip hop playlist, but didn't count the intervals.

30 minutes
    5 minute walk & 90 second intervals at 3.5
    60 second intervals at 4.3

burned 287 calories.
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Week 1, Day 1 completed! I cannot even remember the last time I purposely ran for no other reason but to run. Gawd it's been years. I.DID.IT!

I downloaded a C25K hip hop playlist, but didn't count the intervals.

30 minutes
    5 minute walk & 90 min intervals at 3.5
    60 minute intervals at 4.3

burned 287 calories.
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ok,so I'm in! I will start on Tuesday! I'm so excited! Happy running everybody!