Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Couch to 5K (C25K) Starting today. Anyone interested?

Replies

• I am in! I am going to do this on top of Boot Camp! Now I know what I will do... my brain will think "hey you don't need to go to Bootcamp cause you have worked out this morning" I have to overcome that!
  • Week 1, Day 1 completed! I cannot even remember the last time I purposely ran for no other reason but to run. Gawd it's been years. I.DID.IT!

I downloaded a C25K hip hop playlist, but didn't count the intervals.

30 minutes
    5 minute walk & 90 min intervals at 3.5
    60 minute intervals at 4.3

burned 287 calories.
    heh....i had to edit my post to remove "minute" and replace with "second"
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Week 1 Day 1 Complete

30 mins ~ 300 cals burned ~ 2.22 distance:

5 min Warmup ~ 4.0 w/ 5.0 incline
    60 second jog ~ 6.0
    90 second walk ~ 4.0
    5 min Cool Down ~ 3.2
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Week 1, Day 1 completed! I cannot even remember the last time I purposely ran for no other reason but to run. Gawd it's been years. I.DID.IT!

I downloaded a C25K hip hop playlist, but didn't count the intervals.

30 minutes
    5 minute walk & 90 second intervals at 3.5
    60 second intervals at 4.3

burned 287 calories.

Good Job! Thanks for this Challenge. I forgot how good it felt to run. Such a GREAT workout!
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    I have downloaded some programs before- 5 k .. thought you should start it gradually- 5k frist. than 10 k.. than 25 k ? Right/ wrong ?
    If i'm doing the 5 k- can i still join this group or should i download the 25 k ? Not so familiar with i-tunes etc.. what should i search for on the i-tunes- pod casts ? Any specific one you all are using ?

Today was my 1st run- i started on my own didn't know about this group until now..

Day one was

30 minutes- 1.708 mil, 210 kcl -
    walking 3 mph
    60 sec intervals 4.5 / 5.5 mph..

following with a 60 min cardion-inferno -dvd from billy blanks :)
  • follow the link in my first post. it's the 5K we're doing. (i think that answers your question?)

I just googled c25K playlists and found a bunch that way :)

great start!
  • bosanka
    Thx :) hope we all graduate this time ..
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    I'm going to start the C25K program tonight and thought it would be fun to do with a group of people.

Here's the program:
    http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/moxiebin/bm_tools.cgi?print=181;s=2_3;site=1

lmk if anyone is interested!

I'm in ! , going to start it again tonight (Tuesday) ! No excuses :happy:
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Well I`ve just done W2 D3 which went well, and for the first time, outside instead of on the treadmill at the gym which I found more challenging but much more fun. Decided I deffo need better shoes though and thats now top of my shopping list.

Looking forward to week 3 now :smile:
  • I'd like to join. I won't start until this weekend, but I need to do something to occupy that part of my brain that will want to eat everything in sight from now until christmas. So, I'll be 1/2 a week behind, but I'm fine with that if you are! Happy thanksgiving and I'll see you on Friday!
  • 1st day completed. Feeling good! Easy ;)
  • Oooo. I'm going to start tonight!
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    W1D1 completed! I feel great!

The program I did was 2 minute interval jogs and 3 minute walks. The jogs were 4 times. I find this helps me better than the 8 x 90 sec jogs.

Any thoughts on what I should do about burning shins though? Hoping this gets better over time.
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    I am just starting 5k101
  • Natassjha12
    Natassjha12 Posts: 1 Member
    Count me in! I've been toying w/ the C25K program since June. Maybe this will give me a boost. I'll start Monday!
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    I was starting today except this morning I got wacked with a nasty cold! Yuck! So I am going to take a couple days and hopefully will feel up to it. Happy running all, I will join soon!
  • I went to the gym last night, was going to attempt the first stage of jogging, but I got too nervous and didn't. *sighs*
  • you can do it, angelic! start with a fast walk if you feel more comfortable that way :)
  • week1 day 2 completed this morning.
    3.2 90 second intervals
    5.0 60 second intervals

31 minutes & 213 cals burned.
  • bosanka
    week 1 - day one : time : 29.30 - distance 1,708- kcl - 210
    week 1 - day two : time 29.30 distance 1,801, kcl 225

I start feeling discomfort in my shins- /ankles.. sometimes even my left knee, it's not " pain " in a really painfull way - but it's more like an tight- discomfort.. how is everyone else doing ? Does this get better with time.. It's hard to tell when you need to toughen it out and keep going - and when you should slow it down and take a break - i don't want to be " whiny " but i don't want to hurt myself and miss out more workouts.
    Just wondering if anyone has simillar things going on , any advice ?

Also this is my first time doing this- want to make sure i understand the concept of this- is the goal to finish the whole time of ( in my case the podcast is 29:30 minutes ) jogging/running.. or is the goal to finish and complete 5 k in that time ..

Might sound a little " duuh " .. but.. what are your goals ? Just to finish the whole time - or to complete the 5 k in that time .. hope you can understand my question ..