tattoo argument with spouse

Options

Replies

• Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    But this comes from me being so dominant socially and having such a high level of chemistry and charm with women.

They get super horny at what I do to them. And the pleasure they get is actually DERIVED from being subservient.

Yes. You are quite charming. My panties are damp with your big words and your manliness.

if your husband ever forgets your anniversary cause he removed his ring and was questioned for something you cant mention ....call me
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I have 4. One of them I got when I was just 19/20 and it's the "tramp stamp." I loved it. Now i wish I had thought of a more comprehensive piece instead of some no meaning tribal.

One of them I got when I was 24. I wanted it on the back of my neck. I don't remember why. My husband has the same tattoo (he had it when we met) but his is lower between his shoulder blades. Back then I had a job where tatts didnt' matter so much.
    Now i'm in a business environment and i've had to let my hair grow out and I wear a lot of scarves. I would do this tatt all over again, but I would have it placed lower.

My favorite is my son's name in chinese (I had it verified so I know what it says) and it's in a beige ink color on the inside of my left wrist. Easy to cover if I need to but no one ever really sees it. I've had it for a long time and need to get it redone since the wrist is a flexible area and it fades faster.

I would ask your husband what his biggest concern is. Is it that they are addictive? That he will be jealous? That he's scared you'll really regret it later? Sometimes men show concern by showing anger.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    lol so supposedly:::

the bitter, brittle, self-centered, insecure women get all the action.

And me the passionate 10/10 fitness model with a degree and fame status never gets any girls...

And big words are bad, snark wins. Lol at refusing to debate about things I got out of sociology books in college.

Who told you you were a 10/10? I'm not insecure, I've been married for 24 years, perfecty happy. I've got 2 degrees, and I took sociology in college also.

You aren't better than anyone here, and your continual use of big words you don't understand, and concepts you don't understand, and talking about your accomplishments, according to my psychology courses in college, prove your insecurity.

How is anything I said not perfectly congruent?

I think you are just confused by the depth implied in my comments, not that they are not true.

Again, if it was so wrong what I said, show me the parts where I said a word that meant something other than what I said.

Instead you just keep arguing like a child, scoffing at everything I say. The more I express depth, the more you try to run away with some cheap tactic.

If you consider my posts in this whole thread one big essay, it all make perfect sense.

If you disagree, name something that was incorrect then or back off with the immaturity.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Sometimes men show concern by showing anger.

yikes. I'm glad my husband shows concern with a furrowed brow and kind comments
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

And me the passionate 10/10 fitness model with a degree and fame status never gets any girls...

And big words are bad, snark wins. Lol at refusing to debate about things I got out of sociology books in college.

Who told you you were a 10/10? I'm not insecure, I've been married for 24 years, perfecty happy. I've got 2 degrees, and I took sociology in college also.

You aren't better than anyone here, and your continual use of big words you don't understand, and concepts you don't understand, and talking about your accomplishments, according to my psychology courses in college, prove your insecurity.

I think you are just confused by the depth implied in my comments, not that they are not true.

Again, if it was so wrong what I said, show me the parts where I said a word that meant something other than what I said.

Instead you just keep arguing like a child, scoffing at everything I say. The more I express depth, the more you try to run away with some cheap tactic.

If you consider my posts in this whole thread one big essay, it all make perfect sense.

Name something that was incorrect then or back off with the immaturity.

You are about as deep as a teaspoon of water.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    I've got to admit ... some mornings, the only thing I like about myself while looking in the mirror, is my tats!:glasses:

2nd ultra profound comment from an elderly person ITT!!

Epic!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

If we had any idea what you were on about we might be able to do that.

But when you use words that don't fit into the sentence in any way, shape or form, we really can't point out what's wrong because you don't make any kind of sense we can discern.
  • Thefatman0627
    Options
    At least career enders ... in most circles.
  • brunetteavoxgirl
    brunetteavoxgirl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Lol @ life changing! Nope, you get one and life carries on as usual.
    Agreed.
    I have 5 tattoos.
    My first one was a yinyang on my shoulder, then lyrics from a song ("and hope will lead us on") wrapping around my left wrist, then an orange ribbon (leukemia awareness) on my right calf in memory of my dad. Then finally, the rebel alliance symbol and the galactic empire symbol from star wars. rebel alliance is settled between the lyrics on my left wrist, galactic empire is on my right wrist. I do not regret ANY of my tattoos.
    As long as it's something you want, I don't see why you shouldn't get one.
  • revminton
    Options
    I say get it, flaunt it, and everyone else can get over it
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

If you disagree, name something that was incorrect then or back off with the immaturity.

Congruent:
    The same shape and size.

Two shapes are congruent if you can Turn, Flip and/or Slide one so it fits exactly on the other.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    You certainly can do what you want. But it sounds like it will make you less attractive to your husband. You can judge that all you want, but that seems to be the fact of the matter, maybe think about that. Nobody really HAS to get a tattoo, yup its your body, your life, and you can put up all the "he has to respect me for me" statements but it doesn't change the fact it changes people's thinking about you, no matter what you think they *should* think.

Some people think tattoos do make you a "lower" person.

Some feel they make the person seem sleazy, unprofessional and easy.

Some feel they show some kind of strength.

Some feel they show weakness of character, mind and body.

They do show something about a person even to you or you wouldn't get one, right...?

You can like or dislike it, it doesn't matter, should/would/could, whatever, but people will judge you for it, many without thinking, some not even knowing how it changes how they feel. And there are risks. You can be like Cartman and do whatcha want though :)
  • mccindy72
    Options
  • mccindy72
    Options

How? I've got two of them, my BA in Management, and a successful position in Administration.
  • tweetetina
    Options
    I have many...life changing? No, not really. All mine have meaning and I get a lot of compliments on them when they do show. I love them and have never regretted a single one. I'm a nurse. It hasn't affected or ended my career. If you want one, go for it!
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    Do what ya want .. it's your body...
  • rml_16
    Options

Congruent:
    The same shape and size.

Two shapes are congruent if you can Turn, Flip and/or Slide one so it fits exactly on the other.
    Does anyone else remember the episode of Friends where Joey wanted to sound smart in his letter of recommendation for Chandler and Monica to adopt, so he used a thesaurus for every single word and the letter had all these huge, fancy words and it made no sense at all?
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    WTF.jpg
  • nutellabrah
    Options

And me the passionate 10/10 fitness model with a degree and fame status never gets any girls... Okkkkayyyy....

And big words are bad, snark wins. Lol at refusing to debate about concepts I got straight out of sociology books in college.
    Big words are fine when you use them correctly.

However, there is a well-known saying about people who use them.

I'm really not concerned about the amount of action I get. You seem to be, though.

Also, I am a purple unicorn. I said so on the Internet. It must be true.

I don't think you understand that if I were to use "smaller" words it would be 3 times the length of paragraphs that it already is.

I merely use the more loaded words so as to condense my statements in a way that lets you read it and comprehend the totality of what I am trying to express in a concise way.

When it is more efficient to use small words I absolutely do that.
  • rml_16
    Options

How? I've got two of them, my BA in Management, and a successful position in Administration.
    He specifically was talking about facial tattoos. I'm not sure why.