Cookies taste better than skinny feels

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't "love" food, any food, enough to get behind the OP (and a ton of other people on this board's) reasoning.

But all that matters is finding the right road for you. And on that I applaud the OP and all other fellow slow-cuz-I-love-cookies types who are fine with their progress!

Are you suggesting that she could have lost weight faster and therefore would have been more successful in your opinion?

I'm pretty sure the poster you quoted applauded the OP for finding the right road. It's in the quote, actually. Enjoy a cookie, no need for mad.

You should google "backhanded compliment"

You can't disagree with someone and still support them? Give it a try. It's way easier than rubbing your belly and chewing bubblegum at the same time.

You can disagree and support (not that I desire that person's support, but I suppose that's not the point) but that's distinctly different from what everyone aside from you can see as a backhanded compliment.

Any further questions?
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    I guess I don't "love" food, any food, enough to get behind the OP (and a ton of other people on this board's) reasoning.

But all that matters is finding the right road for you. And on that I applaud the OP and all other fellow slow-cuz-I-love-cookies types who are fine with their progress!

Are you suggesting that she could have lost weight faster and therefore would have been more successful in your opinion?

I'm pretty sure the poster you quoted applauded the OP for finding the right road. It's in the quote, actually. Enjoy a cookie, no need for mad.

You can't disagree with someone and still support them? Give it a try. It's way easier than rubbing your belly and chewing bubblegum at the same time.

You can disagree and support (not that I desire that person's support, but I suppose that's not the point) but that's distinctly different from what everyone aside from you can see as a backhanded compliment.

Any further questions?

I support you in your choice to consider it a backhanded compliment, but I respectfully disagree with your opinion. Was that a question?
  • Achrya
    Options

Any further questions?

I support you in your choice to consider it a backhanded compliment, but I respectfully disagree with your opinion. Was that a question?

Do I need to suggest you Google 'question' now?
  • quixoteQ
    Options

Any further questions?

Is that rhetorical?
  • Chelfit
    Chelfit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Awesome attitude! Awesome results! :drinker:
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

Any further questions?

Is that rhetorical?

^^ THAT is a question!

tumblr_inline_mpx5d4497i1qz4rgp.gif
  • averytds
    averytds Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...biscotti. :tongue:

Thanks for the reminder. I need to get another box next time I'm at the store. I budgeted one or two a day last week. The dark chocolate dipped kind. :love: Had to settle for chocolate almond cookies tonight.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    cookie-monster-eating-cookies-o.gif
  • quixoteQ
    Options

Any further questions?

Is that rhetorical?

^^ THAT is a question!

tumblr_inline_mpx5d4497i1qz4rgp.gif

Exactly. Now have a cookie!

20141114-cookiemonster-bourbon-pecan-cookies-edit-thumb-518xauto-380499.jpg
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    That's not a cookie.

7aa093813eec577a804003843e70970c.jpg

Now THAT'S a cookie.
  • quixoteQ
    Options
    2eat2drink-beer-and-cookies.jpg
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Oh good grief the drama kings and queens on this board.

I congratulated the OP, and like minded people, for finding what works for them. That was genuine and sincere. I also shared my view, on an OPINION board, that I don't share that perspective. For me, personally, significantly slowing down weight loss for a "love" of any food isn't worth it. I eat whatever I like, but I prefer a faster weight loss and to not have cookies every single day, or most days. I don't agree with the basic premise of the thread, that ANY food tastes better than "skinny feels", once again in light of self. Big damn deal, it was an expression of a view. Me stating my view in no way negates the OP and anyone else's view. I firmly believe in the "do what works for you" motto, hence my avatar. If slowing your fat loss goals down in order to continue a love affair with cookies (or whatever) is worth it to you, more power to you. I can dig it because cookies are pretty damn awesome. All that matters is each of our contentment with our individual roads.

Simmer down for crying out loud. One would think all those cookies would put you people in a better mood!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Gurl I think I love you.
  • Hikr56
    Hikr56 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    One of the best posts ever! I'm sure Grandma's proud, and you look great! YouGoGirl! :drinker:
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Cookies taste better than skinny feels = AMEN!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

I congratulated the OP, and like minded people, for finding what works for them. That was genuine and sincere. I also shared my view, on an OPINION board, that I don't share that perspective. For me, personally, significantly slowing down weight loss for a "love" of any food isn't worth it. I eat whatever I like, but I prefer a faster weight loss and to not have cookies every single day, or most days. I don't agree with the basic premise of the thread, that ANY food tastes better than "skinny feels", once again in light of self. Big damn deal, it was an expression of a view. Me stating my view in no way negates the OP and anyone else's view. I firmly believe in the "do what works for you" motto, hence my avatar. If slowing your fat loss goals down in order to continue a love affair with cookies (or whatever) is worth it to you, more power to you. I can dig it because cookies are pretty damn awesome. All that matters is each of our contentment with our individual roads.

Simmer down for crying out loud. One would think all those cookies would put you people in a better mood!

:yawn:
  • Achrya
    Options

I suppose if I had 155 pounds to lose or if weight loss was my primary (or even secondary) goal my views might be that faster weight loss/that skinny feeling are the most important things.

But frankly I find a great many things of more worth than a number on the scale (to this end I've basically decided to not try to lose anymore this month, and perhaps not at all.)

After I've spent time in maintenance and worked on body composition I'll do some bulk and cut cycles, which means I'll be trying to gain muscle and thus moving that scale number upwards permenantly. To me muscle is better than skinny feels.

I find the strength gains I've made worth more than skinny feels, for example.

I like the freedom to go out with my husband and friends and take down a 30 ounce steak, a ton of fried calamari, and an apple crumble without worrying about the calorie content to be worth far more than skinny feels.

Biting into the butterscotch cookies I made and knowing that its the very first recipe my gram taught me tastes far better than skinny could ever feel.

I've been skinny. It's actually not overwhelmingly awesome or amazing or life affirming. All of the above things however are just that.

But that's just me, drawing out the metaphor when in fact the post isn't actually about cookies or food, but rather that living life is more important than 'skinny'.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I like the freedom to go out with my husband and friends and take down a 30 ounce steak, a ton of fried calamari, and an apple crumble without worrying about the calorie content to be worth far more than skinny feels. Biting into the butterscotch cookies I made and knowing that its the very first recipe my gram taught me tastes far better than skinny could ever feel.

I feel you. Seeing as not a single of the 130 or so pounds I've lost so far has come from calorie counting, trust me, I get what you're saying. That freedom to just enjoy life, enjoy food, without all the hang ups means a lot. Continuing with the "cookie" metaphor, I don't have cookies everyday, and I don't "love" food, but I damn sure appreciate and cherish the ability to enjoy what I want, when I want it, without the stigmas and guilt that so many attach to it, a kind of thinking that I too was slave to for a very long time. I would join you in a heartbeat, if in the mood, for that 30 ounce steak, a ton of fried calamari, an apple crumble, and some of your gram's butterscotch cookies and have a good time and not at all worry about calorie count.

I've been skinny. It's actually not overwhelmingly awesome or amazing or life affirming. All of the above things however are just that.

Again, commendable. I loathed being fat to such an extent that it had a detrimental effect on my life. It's awesome that you were overweight but it didn't affect you to the degree that it did me. I wouldn't wish that nightmare on anybody, ever. For me, being smaller, has been overwhelmingly awesome, amazing, and life affirming. Just takes all kinds, that's all.
    IBut that's just me, drawing out the metaphor when in fact the post isn't actually about cookies or food, but rather that living life is more important than 'skinny'.

And you've done a great job. My original congrats were sincere, and I'll congratulate you once more.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I like you.
  • Achrya
    Options
    I like you.

You think you like me. Give it time. :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!