An open letter...

Options

Replies

• pauldbarnhart
    pauldbarnhart Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    Dear 60s plus woman,

That mini skirt and "do-me" shoes shouldn't be seen in public on a woman your age. I think it's fantastic if your husband finds you attractive and sexy when you are dressed that way, but I don't. Keep it at home, please.

Also....that Dolly Parton wig is laughable. You might want to find something a little less over the top.

Signed,

Nauseated at the grocery store.

DO ME SHOES!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAAH! TOOOOOO FUNNY.....

well....that's the polite way to say it. This is supposed to be a G rated site, you know....
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Dear Everyone that actually bought this groupon,

WTF? WTF?

http://www.groupon.com/deals/blewt-productions/?utm_medium=afl&utm_campaign=1225267&utm_source=rvs

Love,

Someone that is pissed off she didn't think of this first!
  • pauldbarnhart
    Options

WTF? WTF?

http://www.groupon.com/deals/blewt-productions/?utm_medium=afl&utm_campaign=1225267&utm_source=rvs

Love,

It never ceases to amaze me, what people will spend their money on. Remember the pet rock craze? :huh:
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    That Groupon is too funny! Made my day. I really need to be more creative. 897 sold already!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Dear Upper Management,

You do not do my job. You have no clue what it takes. Please quit changing how things are done in the middle of a project because you think it will save 2 minutes. My team has spent the past 3.5 hours making adjustments to account for the upcoming change. It makes our job much more complicated than it should be. We were on a roll and getting things done. Once the change is made, instead of spending 2 minutes creating one thing, we will spend 5 minutes researching to figure out what the eff is going on before we can continue to the next step.

We are not like your other teams. We have higher production requirements, we call people to verify the information, we follow up until the work is completely done. Yet you still pay us less. How about you give fair wage for work?!?! I'm really getting sick of hearing "we don't know when they'll sign the contract..." We've been doing this job since January! Two people have already left the team. I don't know how much longer I'll be willing to put up with this snit.

Not so sincerely,
    Angry and underpaid
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options

WTF? WTF?

Love,

It never ceases to amaze me, what people will spend their money on. Remember the pet rock craze? :huh:

Yes, what the hell?

I will draw you whatever you want if you send me $3. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiet.
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Dear People that don't hire me because I'm disabled,
    just because I have some disorders, doesn't mean I can't work, I probably work twice as hard as your non-disabled employees

Love,
    The Guy You Didn't Hire
    :grumble:

hehe
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Best. Thread. Ever. You all have made my day!!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Dear boss,

Please stop dropping by my desk when I'm playing on MFP.

Sincerely,

I work 10+ hours a day, and you stop in for the 20 minutes I'm goofing off?

lol I KNOW RIGHT!
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Dear Brothers and Cousins,
    Remember our Aunt who put together all those fabulous holiday dinners over the years, and was largely responsible for all of us growing up feeling loved and supported? The one who asked how our days were, and really cared about our answers? The one who provided the regular notes and newspaper clippings in the mail? The one who always had a Sunday night dinner for whoever could make it that night? The one who opened her home, her arms and her heart whenever we needed it?

Now that she is nearly 98 years old, where the he!! are you? She would love to hear from you. She keeps asking me where you are, how you are, and when she will see you next. True, her memory is failing and physically she can't do as much as she used to be able to do, but she still knows that most of you have abandoned her.

You older two boy cousins and your families, you live 5 hours away by car, but one of your kids is now going to college about an hour away, and all of you visit him regularly and NEVER ONCE have you bothered to call or drop by to visit our Aunt. When your Mom died way too early in all of our lives, Aunt stood in and did what she could to plug that huge, gaping hole. Your behavior doesn't show much in the way of thanks.

You, the next oldest. brother.. moving your family halfway across the country did NOT make your phone stop functioning, and I know for a fact that the postal service picks up from your area, as well as delivering the checks Aunt sends to your kids for every birthday and holiday (for which she has NEVER heard a thank you of any kind!), so it would be possible for you to send an occasional note. I'm guessing that someday your kids will ignore you the way you ignore our Aunt now, and I hope it isn't as painful for you as it is for our Aunt when that happens. It isn't too late to set a good example...

You, the two youngest, cousin and brother... you live about an hour away and could easily visit or call or write and make Aunt's whole year with just a few minutes of your time, but you are too absorbed in your own lives to think of doing something for someone else. Please grow up. A quick phone call, or a note with a picture of your baby would be great. She would LOVE to get a copy of the birth announcement, I'm not sure why she was left off the original list. She isn't THAT far gone!

You, my brother in the middle with me, thank you for staying in Aunt's life with regular phone calls, visits, taking her out for dinners, bringing the pups to visit (she LOVES your dogs!) and overlooking her failing memory. When I went over this morning to bring her clean laundry, put out her medications, and take her to breakfast, all she could talk about was the gorgeous sweater that you and your wife brought to her on Sunday so that she could enjoy wearing it throughout the entire holiday season, and how much she loved going out for Chinese food with you both. She showed the sweater to me and told me the whole story about 30 times in the 2 hours I was there, and I could just feel her joy radiating and I loved hearing every minute of her story each time. Your thoughtfulness and loving ways towards our Aunt makes my heart happy, and I am so very proud of the man that you have become, and delighted to have you as my brother.
    With love (and in some cases, frustration),
    Your Sister/Cousin
  • leynasheart
    Options
    Elaine.. even though I am not the one you talked about. I just called my grandmother and cousin (who takes care of my grandma) Thank you for the reminder that life is not so busy that we do have time to remember those that have showed us love.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Elaine.. even though I am not the one you talked about. I just called my grandmother and cousin (who takes care of my grandma) Thank you for the reminder that life is not so busy that we do have time to remember those that have showed us love.

Leyna, you made my day as well as your grandma's and your cousin's. Thanks for calling your family, and for letting me know!
    Elaine (now heading to bed with freezing cold feet and a glowing warm heart)
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Dear Techonolgy People at Work,

I'm sure its expensive to update a browser, but for God's Sake we are stuck using Internet Explorer 6!!!!! Can we please get a better browser!?! And while you are at it, I don't need 13 "Security Warning" windows popping up when I browse the internet. Yes, I know we aren't supposed to do this while working, but hey! I have two 15min breaks and a lunch everyday! Who doesn't check their personal email while at work? It's not like I spend all day browsing online, so give me a break about using MFP and checking my email. I'm tired of hitting Esc 13 times when I go to a different page.

Sincerely,
    Annoyed and underpaid (again)
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Dear Bubbly Giggly Coed's at Starbucks,

While now the whole store is now fully aware that you know "Billy" who is sitting across from me, could you please keep your sheep-eyes and loud giggling to a minimum as you are SUPER annoying and SUPER inconsiderate of the people around you...i.e me! I am trying to finish my last chapter for my accounting class and I would greatly appreciate it if you would lower your voice. I'm sure "Billy" would agree considering he has been sitting on his laptop almost as long as i have and i'm sure he is working on something important as well and you are REALLY distracting!

Regards -

The girl who sitting in the corner giving you the stink eye
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Dear weird lady at the gym,

A bathing suit does not double as a sports bra. If you must wear it as a sports bra, please at least wear a t-shirt over it.

Signed,
    WTF is wrong with people?
  • pauldbarnhart
    Options
    Dear God,

Thank you for my beautiful grandson. Pleae help me to be available to help when needed without overstaying my welcome.

Please also help me to remember that I made plenty of mistakes, and my kid turned out alright, so I don't need to be overly concerned when his parents make choices I don't agree with.

Signed,

Grateful for precious new life.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,929 Member
    Options
    Dear God,

Thank you for my beautiful grandson. Pleae help me to be available to help when needed without overstaying my welcome.

Please also help me to remember that I made plenty of mistakes, and my kid turned out alright, so I don't need to be overly concerned when his parents make choices I don't agree with.

Signed,

Grateful for precious new life.

Dear Grateful for precious new life,

Congratulations on your new grandson! Babies are such blessings. Enjoy!

Signed,
    Mom of 3 blessings
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,929 Member
    Options
    Dear Sara Lee,

Thank you for the blueberry pie. It was delicious, as always.

Sincerely,
    stuffed and happy
  • Jbwilson0708
    Options
    Dear Hubby,

Although i am grateful you thought of me when you were making popcorn and saved me some (since you know i love it) but i can NOT eat it when you melt extra butter and pour it all over the top of it *and i mean it was soaking* You know i am watching the calorie intake and i know your now mad that i didnt eat it but please next time dont think of me :noway: ....

Love your irritated wife,
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Dear Daughter,

I understand this is that this is your first year in college and I'm very, very proud of you. But, understand that mommy is not your personal ATM. I know that you want to hangout with your friends and enjoy yourself but I don't think spending nearly $100 on a halloween costum was a wise choice, getting your hair and nails done on not so regular basis (excessive) so therefore I montoring your account just a little bit more, which I'm only transferring money on an emergency basis until I feel you are more responsible on handling more.

One more thing my gorgeous, brilliant 18 yr old college student, I put a block on your phone where you can only call me or daddy during certain times. It's called PARENTAL CONTROL! I love Verizone for having this feature. So now you know why you can't talk or text in the middle of the night. That time is for sleeping, getting ready for classes the next day. Just another thing- you can't you use your phone during school hrs as well, just only to call the people I put on the list. Emergency Only. I did free it up on Fridays because you don't have class or should I add this day for studying- hmmm. just a thought. We'll see what those grades look like.

if you have a problem with this please call 1-800- Get A JOB

Your loving mother
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: she said 1-800-Get A JOB!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: