Females only - lifting/weight training results?

Options

Replies

• rya4eva
    rya4eva Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I heard that especially if you are an hourglass figure, you have to burn the fat off and then add weight training. So cardio cardio and until you drop weight and then added in weight lifting once you drop some fat? Is this wrong? I have an hourglass figure and have no desire to bulk on top of my fat layer
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I heard that especially if you are an hourglass figure, you have to burn the fat off and then add weight training. So cardio cardio and until you drop weight and then added in weight lifting once you drop some fat? Is this wrong? I have an hourglass figure and have no desire to bulk on top of my fat layer

No this is not true I have an hour glass and I have lost more inches and fat doing weights than I ever did as a cardio queen.

If you are just going to do cardio not only will you lose fat you will lose muscle....
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! I've been doing running and then TRX (mainly resistance/body weight exercises) lately but am getting ready to switch over to lifting after my TRX trainer leaves in a few months.

Any suggestions on which workout plan to follow? I've purchased NROLFW and have read through most of that (I love some of the recipes they have) but it looks like it gets pretty complicated to remember. I've also checked out Stronglifts 5x5 and was Jamie Easton's 12 week program. I'm not sure which program would be the best one to start with.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! I've been doing running and then TRX (mainly resistance/body weight exercises) lately but am getting ready to switch over to lifting after my TRX trainer leaves in a few months.

Any suggestions on which workout plan to follow? I've purchased NROLFW and have read through most of that (I love some of the recipes they have) but it looks like it gets pretty complicated to remember. I've also checked out Stronglifts 5x5 and was Jamie Easton's 12 week program. I'm not sure which program would be the best one to start with.

I do SL 5x5 due to it's simplicity and the fact it is free...below is a link to a group that has great stickies to help out as well.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'll check it out! Thanks!
  • rya4eva
    rya4eva Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This so goo to hear! I read this on a website when I was investigating weight lifting or not... What is your weight lifting routine if you don't mind me asking. I started doing body pump.. but would like to know a routine I can do at home or own my own
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW!! Great thread!
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Holy wow, everyone here is amazing! I can't wait to start lifting. The only thing holding me back is that I haven't bought the equipment yet! I'll be doing a home gym with my brother to cut down on the costs. I hope that I can see amazing results one day!
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This so goo to hear! I read this on a website when I was investigating weight lifting or not... What is your weight lifting routine if you don't mind me asking. I started doing body pump.. but would like to know a routine I can do at home or own my own

I find a lot of good workouts on YouTube! If you search for Tone It Up they have TONS of full workouts that you can easily follow along with. They also have printables of the workouts, so you can do them where ever
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    bump!

Congrats, ladies! On my way to joining the club :)
  • enipla
    enipla Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Awesome results I've started lifting inconsistently and this has given me the kick in the butt to get in the gym. Amazing job ladies.
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing these amazing progress pics. Taking some progress photos and will start weights this week!
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tindy5799
    tindy5799 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    bump

best thread ever.

241w50k.jpg
  • tindy5799
    tindy5799 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    don't have a before pic for my arms...

2qsc7xu.jpg
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rsmith77
    rsmith77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump for inspiration! You ladies look GREAT!!!!:smile:
  • Iamflew
    Iamflew Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Agreed!!! I have scrolled through at least 10- pages and I plan on coming back for inspiration!!!