• Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Wed wish- Just to have a happy day!

Anyone know how to use the caloriesburned on here from your fit bit? Also my fit bit said I burned over 3000 calories yesterday do I need to subtract the 1780 from that just for living to get an accurate burn?
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Bump and good morning :flowerforyou:
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the roll over Laurie!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kammyrios
    kammyrios Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish... I never got tired.... :)
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

Great morning in that the scale finally dropped to 187.2! First time I've been there in quite awhile--at least since before the holidays. Now just 2 lbs away from where I was last summer.

Tuesday Goals:
    To get started on the AP presentations--I would like to have those graded by the weekend. I know it only says 18, but I still have to give all 71 students individual grades, so it's more than it seems. My goal for today is to just finish 2--that's about 8 students.

Also, want to go to the gym after school--not sure about walking gunner as the weather was crappy this morning (more snow :grumble: ). If it brightens up, I'll take him before I head to the gym.

It's a colleague's b-day so there are yummies in the office. Fortunately, she's very health conscious so she brought a big veggie tray and hummus. I'm eating some raw cauliflower and tortilla chips with the hummus right now. Will try to avoid the "bad" stuff until 9th period. If I still want it then, I will make it fit my calorie allowance.

March Challenge:
    1. x/4 weeks--Share a new recipe
    2. 2/31--Eat a veggie/ salad every day.
    3. 2/31--Water goal 12 cups/day

Grading goals:
    1. 71/71 AP journals DONE
    2. x/18 AP presentations

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + core work NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym (circuit training + HIIT)
    Wed--walk gunner + core work
    Thurs--rest day
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Sun--walk gunner
  • humbleheart
    humbleheart Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Morning, Sunshines!

Weighed in today. I did NOT lose 2000 lbs as my ticker has said but.... I was just getting a new baseline post sodium dump. I will probably lose another 4 or 5 sodium lbs but I wanted to test the scale and see if it remembered me or would give me an electrical shock or something.
    My info is all correct now and I set up a spread sheet showing how much I want to lose each month and how many calories I have to eat to do it. It's a VERY slooowwwwww progression with my weight complete in about 2.5 years.

No more eating 1200 calories for me, I was just to damn hungry all the time.

I DID take MowMow for a nice walk yesterday in his stroller after work. There was a break in the rain and the sun peeped out so we hit the sidewalks. He hasn't been out since last September and was SO excited. He was meowing and trilling at everyone and everything we passed.

Glad we heard from Robin. Now if we would just hear from Toots and Monachris I'd be a happy woman!
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    we also haven't heard anything from gorilla in a while. :'(
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Morning, Sunshines!

Weighed in today. I did NOT lose 2000 lbs as my ticker has said but.... I was just getting a new baseline post sodium dump. I will probably lose another 4 or 5 sodium lbs but I wanted to test the scale and see if it remembered me or would give me an electrical shock or something.
    My info is all correct now and I set up a spread sheet showing how much I want to lose each month and how many calories I have to eat to do it. It's a VERY slooowwwwww progression with my weight complete in about 2.5 years.

No more eating 1200 calories for me, I was just to damn hungry all the time.

I DID take MowMow for a nice walk yesterday in his stroller after work. There was a break in the rain and the sun peeped out so we hit the sidewalks. He hasn't been out since last September and was SO excited. He was meowing and trilling at everyone and everything we passed.

Glad we heard from Robin. Now if we would just hear from Toots and Monachris I'd be a happy woman!

i feel like i need to lose 2000 pounds!!
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just getting on this new thread. It's hard to keep up!

@karenleona - me too! Some days it's even more than 2000 lbs. :laugh:

@mymowmow - I was wondering about your ticker, too, and was pretty impressed with that weight loss. :smile:

@skinnyjeanz - that scale number is amazing! well-done! I find I can wear the same size for a very long time and it drives me crazy. I'm still in an 18, even though I've lost 24 lbs... granted, some of my 18's are smaller than others, and at least I'm in a SMALL 18 now. :tongue:

@alupinsk - 5 km in under 45 is awesome, I bet you can do it. :) And it must feel great to be so close to your goal!

@grandmakaye - weather is a factor here too, except it's the cold instead of rain. it was 28 below this morning!

Tuesday Goals: my main goal is to stay on track and focused during these next two weeks, as they are rough ones for me. My dad died 4 years ago on March 19th and the circumstances surrounding his death were traumatic for me and my mom. My mom now lives with us, and this time of year is always the hardest. I typically resort to alcohol to get through it, but I am trying very hard to not do that this year. So far, it pretty much sucks. :tongue:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Karen- Yeah for the scale moving again.

Littleshadow- I know you will be able to get threw this month with as little alcohol as possible. It will be a challenge but you can meet it head on and remember we are here if you need to vent.

Kaye your granddaughter is beautiful and I love the name the parents choose. I am dealing with another polar vortex and hence the extremely cold temperatures.

alupinsk- I believe you will complete your 5K in under 45 minutes. Once you start the run, you will find the added motivation to meet your goal. When is the 5K?

I had a wonderful snow day today, the best part was the roads were cleared so I could get some errands done today. New battery for cell phone is done, new battery for laptop is ordered and workout is done for the day. Simple workout today just a 6 minute bike ride then a 7 min run up to a 5.1 mph speed then walking laps.

Tonight I am heading out for a little while with friends.

Goal for this week is to complete the indoor triathlon with higher totals than last time. Personal goals 12.5 lengths=13, bike 9 miles (last was 8.5 miles), run 1.55 miles (1.5 miles). This is a timed event so the swim is 10 minutes, bike 30 minutes and the run is 20 minutes.

Tomorrow is back to work on time as the announcement has already been made. I like the bonus days off but I don't like the make up days that will be happening later this year.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    The 5k is March 30th :) It's called outrun hunger. I like to think of it as giving my fat to others.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

@alupinsk--good luck on your 5k--I agree with laurie, being in a race boosts your adrenaline and you tend to go faster. In fact, I find I really need to focus on not going too fast from the start or I burn out halfway through. As far as sizes, I found that I went down in sizes pretty quickly form 18 to 16 to 14, but now I've been kind of stuck between smaller 14's and larger 12's. My ultimate size goal is to get into a size 8 pants b/c I've never been in single digits as an adult.

@laurie--I know you'll do great at your tri! Did you register for T2T yet?

@shadow--awesome that you are in the smaller 18's--isn't it amazing how much of a range there can be in ONE size of women's clothing?!?! Sending you good vibes to get through the next couple of weeks--maybe exercise can take the place of those drinks to make you feel better.

@kris--I wish I were more adept at using spreadsheets--that's awesome that you set that up. I agree that 1200 is not enough for me either. I would rather lose more slowly and not be starving all the time.

Oh, someone mentioned gorilla--he's still on MFP--I see him post quite often; he just hasn't been on our thread lately.

AFM--I exceeded my grading goal--got through 3 presentations = 10 students done. :happy: On the flip side, being in the grading groove caused me to stay at work later than I'd intended. By the time I got home and walked gunner, I didn't really feel like going to the gym. I don't know why I'm not feeling the workout bug this week, but I'm just not. :ohwell:

March Challenge:
    1. x/4 weeks--Share a new recipe
    2. 2/31--Eat a veggie/ salad every day.
    3. 2/31--Water goal 12 cups/day

Grading goals:
    1.3/18 AP presentations

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + core work NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym (circuit training + HIIT) NOT DONE
    Wed--walk gunner + core work
    Thurs--rest day
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Sun--walk gunner
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals - Complete my last week of Gilad then start C25K next week, weather permitting of course. I have been challenging myself with the weights. I still need my 5s for shoulders but have been doing 8 lbs for most everything else. Today I pushed it and dabbled with 10 lbs. It definitely was a challenge and I had to drop back down to 8lb when it got to be too much.

Tonight I made Roasted Broccoli with Almonds. It came out really good so that will be my first recipe share for the Month. I think next time I will use less olive oil. It is really easy to make.

Nutritional Info:
    Serves: 4
    Per Serving: 319 calories
    20 carbs
    26 Fat
    9 Protein
    66 Sodium
    7 Fiber

Ingredients:
    ~ Broccoli - 764 grams
    ~ Garlic - 36 grams (I love garlic and use a lot. Use less if you aren't a garlic lover.)
    ~ Almonds - 64 grams
    ~ Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 5 tbsp (Less oil will decrease the calories)

Directions:
    1. Cut your broccoli into bit sized pieces
    2. Slice garlic into slivers (Can dice or mince if you prefer)
    3. Chop almonds
    4. Put in a bowl, pour olive oil in, mix
    5. Spread mixture on a baking sheet
    6. Cook 15-20 minutes at 400*
    7. Add salt and pepper to season (optional)
    8. Enjoy!!!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I have a few more running questions. What do you do to warm up first? Walking or other exercises? Can anyone recommend stretches to do prior and after running? I am sure I will have a lot more questions when I begin it. Thanks in advance.

Tracy - Glad to see you are back. That is great that you only gained .2 lb while you were gone. I am glad to hear you had a good vacation.

Robin - Sorry to hear your computer is not working. Well wishes as always.

Kallista - Welcome. No need to apologize, you posted correctly. Be sure to check back in with us often!

Conscott - Congrats on your weight loss so far. Happy Early Birthday. Do you have any special plans for your big day?

Tigredia - Glad to hear things are going fine!

Karen - They predicted snow to hit us but the reports kept changing. We ended up getting an inch the most. I am glad I didn't lose any more time from work due to the weather. Sorry to hear you had snow and couldn't get out for your walk.

Alupinsk - Congrats on the teens!!! That is great that you really like your therapists. I just noticed you changed your MFP name.

Kah - Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. How are you feeling? Hope much better.

Humbleheart - Snow cream sounds yummy. I have a friend that makes it for her kids. I have never tried it though.

Tanya - I step on the scale daily too. You have a good attitude about the fluctuation. Sometimes it is difficult not to let these things get us down. But like you said, it's not a true gain. Congrats on exceeding your protein goal, that is fantastic.

MyMOwMOw - Sorry about TOM. Lately when it hits me it really knocks me out. I have not been overly crampy, which is a good thing, but I get extremely exhausted to the point that all I want to do is sleep. I can completely relate.
    Your Dr. McHotty Pants story made me chuckle. I love that you call him that! Hope your appointment went well.
    :laugh: To the weight set incorrectly. Good thing you figured out what was wrong and corrected it.

I love that you take MowMow for a walk in a stroller. While we were out and about this weekend we stopped in a pet store and saw one. I have to say I was intrigued. The Fosters and Smith catalog came yesterday (cat and bird editions). They had strollers in there as well. Do you get funny looks from people when you take him out for a stroll? I have also been considering getting my girls harnesses and leash training them. But I am so afraid that once they get a feel for the outdoors they will want to go out all the time and try to sneak out.

Skinny - Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it! Sorry to hear your students are being lazy and copying from the internet. I would be irritated too with them. I don't blame you for not wanting to waste your time grading it.
    Congrats on the loss.

Pwinche - Welcome. I can relate to the shyness. I do much better in small groups of people that I know really well rather than a large crowd. I prefer to workout alone but that is because it's my "me" time. Ironically, Though I will allow my husband to join me on workouts on rare occasions. Ironically though I have no problem taking a group exercise class. I used to take kickboxing and yoga classes years ago and loved it.

Laurie - Thanks for the advice. I am with you on people watching. It is very entertaining.

paola - Welcome. Feel free to add me if you like.

Hansea - Cute names for the turtles. You are lucky that you don't have to clean the tank. I only have 1 (semi-aquatic) and it takes me 2 hours to clean her tank. But I only do that big cleaning once a month when I completely empty the tank, boil all the rocks and scrub them then set it back up. I do partial water changes in between which helps to keep the gunk down.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Too tired. Keep on keeping on everyone!

0/4 weeks: Try a new veggie or do something new with an old veggie and share the recipe.

3/31 days: Eat 3-5 servings of veggies.

0/31 nights: Get 8 hours of sleep.