not-that-heavy girls trying to lose weight

Replies

• I have 26lbs to lose, can I be part of this thread???

Sure thing :flowerforyou: Welcome!
  • OK all, today is the day that I start over. I have a serious weakness for sweets and going over calories at the end of the day...usually because of sweets.

So today I did No More Trouble Zones and am going to stay well within my calories. I would love to hit 139-ish by the end of December.

What kind of loss do you ladies normally see? I want to lose between a 1-1.5lbs a week, but I don't know if that is reasonable seeing as though we are respectively smaller.

I am maintaining, but the last few lbs were slooooow coming off. Maybe .5lbs per week, but I kept my calories relatively high. The smaller you are, the slower it comes off...unfortunately!
  • Did a Yoga 2 class last night that was so packed, we were mat to mat. Hot can't describe it!! We steamed up all of the windows, and I felt like I lost 5lbs in water weight!! But, it was great. I have kept it to Yoga every other day so far this week (if you count Saturday as this week LOL). Dance tomorrow, then yoga on Thursday and Saturday, and maybe the Elliptical on Friday (so I can indulge in a few cocktails :wink: )
  • Hello, I'm Susan...I've been trying to lose 15 pounds since I got this app a year ago. Nothing has helped. I workout 5 days a week, I mix it up, I eat well. I've lost 2 inches but at 5'9" tall, 180 is heavy. Any helpful hints for me?
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    good luck with the Jillian Michaels. I've heard lots of good things about it.

Pretty sore today!! Worked out with the trainer last night so I usually feel pretty sore after a good strengthening workout! I'm headed to the gym tonight for cardio.

what is everyone elses plans for exercise today??

I had a great day today. I just lowered by calories a bit this weekend and today was my first day at work with less calories and I stayed just under. I ate most of my 1200 plus a good part of by earned cal. I decided to back off P90X. I just think I am ready to really be able to keep up with it yet. I had been pushing too hard and making myself sick and I was not recovering from workouts like I felt like I should be. I can't take 2 days to recover from a workout. Too much to do. But I did a couple of videos and really kicked butt and feel GREAT.
  • I want to join!!
    I've been on this site for months, but haven't found a group to "belong to" yet...
    I'm 5'5" and currently 137... unfortunately, even though I run 25-30 miles a week, I'm stuck at this weight!!
    So frustrating, but my goal is to keep at it and trim down a little at a time!
    Good luck!!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Well I started the 30 Day Shred last night and WOW... I have never been one to truly enjoy working out, and I'm also one to never do workout videos, but I absolutely LOVED this one. The burn felt amazing and just when I thought I couldn't do any more, Jillian would say something annoying in that wretched voice of hers that would just piss me off and make me push even further. Can't wait to get home from work tonight and go at it again!
  • wow that's great that a video could push you that hard! Not sure if I could be pushed by a video or not.

Tonight was suppposed to be my rest day because we were supposed to be going for a work dinner tonight. So last night I worked it out really hard on the elliptical. WELL plans have changed and supper is now tomorrow night, which is suppposed to be my night with my trainer for lower body. So I'm doing lower body with my trainer today, after the workout on the elliptical last night....I'll be lucky if I can even walk tomorrow!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    I did 30 DS last night too. I keep the sound off and use my ipod, but I remember when I did the 30 days in May/June and I think it was the phase 3 and Jillian says, "I want you to feel like you are going to die" and I thought, I do want to die, and I want you to die, too, Jillian!
    welcome new folks. I understand the frustration of the last 10 pounds, it takes time, and sometimes your body tries really hard to hold onto those last pounds. I don't think I can do it at the moment, but maybe after the new year I will try to clean up my diet, so that I stick to a 140 grams of protein, 100 grams of carbs, 30 grams of fat (daily) but I need to do some research and figure out what I can actually eat on that plan!
  • I guess I fit this category as well. I'm 5'8 and 146 looking to be between 125-130 lbs. A LOT to go!!!
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    I want to join in. I'm 5'3 and weight 130. I have been 130 for about 3 weeks now:( I'm still working out and eating right so hopefully they come off soon so I can reach my goal:)
  • The burn felt amazing and just when I thought I couldn't do any more, Jillian would say something annoying in that wretched voice of hers that would just piss me off and make me push even further.

LMAO! I love it! :laugh:
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    I also fall in this category. I am 5'4" and when I started I was at the highest possible weight in the "healthy" BMI range. I am now 120 and am looking to lose <5 more pounds and maintain, tone, and run farther and faster! :) Friend me if you are similar or for any other reason :)

-Molly
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Cool thread.

My name is Sue, I'm 5'2" and weight 120 lbs. I would like to lose 5 lbs but keep seem to keep losing and gaining the same few pounds....:grumble:
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Hey girls.

Did an Insanity Max workout today, a bit of yoga, and some walking. All in all a great day. I have a ton of cals left today, but I just ate a big bowl of fresh pineapple (YUM!) and really felt like I had to force that down. Not sure why, as I seldom get to that point unless I really overeat.

What kind of workout is everyone doing?

What is your favorite meal or snack?
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    I am currently 124lb, and I want to be down to 120-115 range. I am 5'5. My problem is I have been stuck at this weight for a while, or fluctuating back and forth between 125-130. It's irritating. I also would like to tone up my body, because even though I am not over weight I still look chunky because of my tummy fat:explode:
  • Hey girls.

Did an Insanity Max workout today, a bit of yoga, and some walking. All in all a great day. I have a ton of cals left today, but I just ate a big bowl of fresh pineapple (YUM!) and really felt like I had to force that down. Not sure why, as I seldom get to that point unless I really overeat.

What kind of workout is everyone doing?

What is your favorite meal or snack?

Great job on your workouts!!

I have been doing strength training twice a week with my trainer and cardio twice a week. Next week will be my last week with my trainer until the New Year. So I am going to focus hard on my cardio for those couple of weeks off. I find with an hour and half or strength training twice a week and only 2 cardio sessions twice a week the pounds aren't coming off very quickly. So I'm gonna switch it up for a couple weeks :) I do my measurements next week so I'm interested to see in inches how much my body has changed!!

My favorite meals lately have been slow cooker recipes I have found on here. The chicken stroganoff is soooo yummy!!!
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    :tongue: I spent four days visiting my daughter's home last week and was amazed at how tiny their food portions were at dinner. What a light-bulb experience! :huh:

If I actually ate like that keeping myself at goal would be simple. I am an active person, probably considered obsessively active by many of my friends. And I eat healthy. Have been a vegetarian for years, never eat fried foods nor candy. But I love my carbs, breads, cheese, fruits and veggies. Portion control is the total reason I gained and is the key to losing. Thank goodness physical activity helps with my lack of control, but this alone is not going to get me to my goal. I'm a big boned girl so even at 5-2 I look terrific and slim at 135. Currently 5-6# down with 18# to go to this goal weight.

Any one have good inspiration to share on putting that fork down??! :bigsmile:
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    :tongue: I spent four days visiting my daughter's home last week and was amazed at how tiny their food portions were at dinner. What a light-bulb experience! :huh:

If I actually ate like that keeping myself at goal would be simple. I am an active person, probably considered obsessively active by many of my friends. And I eat healthy. Have been a vegetarian for years, never eat fried foods nor candy. But I love my carbs, breads, cheese, fruits and veggies. Portion control is the total reason I gained and is the key to losing. Thank goodness physical activity helps with my lack of control, but this alone is not going to get me to my goal. I'm a big boned girl so even at 5-2 I look terrific and slim at 135. Currently 5-6# down with 18# to go to this goal weight.

Any one have good inspiration to share on putting that fork down??! :bigsmile:

I agree whole-heartedly about the portion control. I've learned to put my food on smaller plates now and that helps a lot! Especially around dinner time, in a Greek family, where portions are extremely large and food is flooding the tables lol - everyone else comes with the largest sized plate and therefore you're more inclined to fill it. I walk my butt on over to the cabinets and grab a small plate, and that way when I do fill it, it's the proper sized portion :)
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    I did the 30 Day Shred last night, walked on the treadmill, and did some leg lifts in the living room while I was watching the hockey game. ;p

I mentally feel skinnier, but I am afraid to get on the scale. Anyone else like this? I am scared that the little devil will not show a loss. :embarassed: