Would you date someone overweight?

Options

Replies

• raven_ous
    raven_ous Posts: 223
    Options
    No.... I lead a active lifestyle and we probably wouldn't have anything in common

Just because someone is overweight doesn't mean they don't live an active lifestyle.

What a ridiculous statement and assumption to make.
    To be fair he was just giving his opinion as is everybody else, he did also mention the word probably.

Yes overweight people can lead very active lives (I know plenty) but you can not deny that there is some truth in the statement, where some overweight individuals live very inactive lifestyles (as do some people who are not overweight) which may make difficult for the guy to have a compatible relationship.

I personally don't follow his train of thought but he is entitled to decide what he finds attractive/compatible.

Different strokes people!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    No

My wife frowns on me dating . . .
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I just find it really unattractive. It's not a judgement thing.

You do realise those statements are totally incompatible, right? Finding overweight people unattractive couldn't be more of a judgement thing. I mean what else could it possibly be?
    No.... I lead a active lifestyle and we probably wouldn't have anything in common.

Fat =/= inactive. I know lots of overweight or fat people who are very active. Certainly more active than many of the skinny people I know.

To answer the OP, yes I have and yes I would.
    Yep, even married one.

Me too!

It means I don't think any less of someone who is overweight as a person. It's like how alot of women aren't attracted to men who are shorted than them. I almost didn't reply here since I figured someone would find a way to twist what I said.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I'd much rather date someone that makes me laugh and treats me with respect who has a some extra pounds on him than someone who is super fit but treats me poorly.

+1000000
  • raven_ous
    Options
    No

Afternoon at the bathhouse is acceptable than? How you doin'?
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options
    I'd much rather date someone that makes me laugh and treats me with respect who has a some extra pounds on him than someone who is super fit but treats me poorly.

Fit people are all meanies who treat their SOs poorly?
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options
    No

Afternoon at the bathhouse is acceptable than? How you doin'?

Hummmm. You sound familiar. Could it be?
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course, especially since how hypocritical would that be if I wouldn't since I've been overweight for almost my entire life? I know the sadness of realizing someone I like is not giving me a chance just because I'm overweight, even though (imho) I'm a pretty awesome person.

My partner of 5 years is overweight but is still willing to go hiking with me when I want him to. He's smart, funny, loyal, and sweet, which are all qualities I care much more about than looks. Those qualities make him attractive to me. He treats me better than anyone I have ever met.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    My SO is overweight and very sedentary. I love him and he love me.

Same here.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options

+1000000

++++
  • Sarahs2576
    Sarahs2576 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

That is not what I wrote at all.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    No.... I lead a active lifestyle and we probably wouldn't have anything in common

Oh yeah!?!? You closeminded ***hole!!! That's not what you were saying last night!!!! I was good enough for a one night stand I guess, but not to date, huh?

Yeah...go ahead, delete my ****ing number.
  • raven_ous
    Options
    ad7tVmg.jpg
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

Don't take the bait. He knows that's not what you said. Guy likes trying to stir up trouble.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Yes I would.

And in for the responses! :flowerforyou:
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Oh yeah!?!? You closeminded ***hole!!! That's not what you were saying last night!!!! I was good enough for a one night stand I guess, but not to date, huh?

:huh:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Would you date someone overweight? Why or why not?

I would. their weight dosnt define their character.
  • BillyJan1992
    BillyJan1992 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    YES
  • MelissaDonahue12
    MelissaDonahue12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

^^^^^ WOW! LOL Get em' girl!
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

Don't take the bait. He knows that's not what you said. Guy likes trying to stir up trouble.

And some like white knighting before there is even trouble.

It was bad logic. But meh