curvy girls or men who like them

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Girls need to have curves. I don't want to cuddle up with a ten speed at night. Too...poky. But the sexiest thing? Self-confidence. Way better to be with someone who owns her body and isn't constantly hung up on how she looks. There, I admitted it. Do I get a prize? ;)

No. Absolutely not.

jinx
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Girls need to have curves. I don't want to cuddle up with a ten speed at night. Too...poky. But the sexiest thing? Self-confidence. Way better to be with someone who owns her body and isn't constantly hung up on how she looks. There, I admitted it. Do I get a prize? ;)

No. Absolutely not.
    this:angry:
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    My husband is a very practical man. He had a very serious conversation with me regarding my weight. As the price of propane has gone up, he has decided that I need to pile back on the 75 lbs that I lost. That way we can save money on heating costs because when I'm fat I give off a lot of heat and we are able to turn the heat down lower at night.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    My husband is a very practical man. He had a very serious conversation with me regarding my weight. As the price of propane has gone up, he has decided that I need to pile back on the 75 lbs that I lost. That way we can save money on heating costs because when I'm fat I give off a lot of heat and we are able to turn the heat down lower at night.

I admire practicality in a man, to be honest.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    I have not had someone in real life compliment my curves. Quite the opposite actually. I am 42 34 43 I have got stopped on the street to be told to lose weight. I have had people tell me I am fat. But not really had that my curves are beautiful. Only on here. LOL So I am interested in what the men have to say.

For the record also, I used to wear a bikini on the beach when I was 20kg heavier, and had strangers hit me and tell me to put it away. I will never wear a bikini again. Words hurt!

OMG! I'm so sorry you had to deal with this! You didn't deserve it and I think you're stunning! It shouldn't matter what size you are and no one has the right to treat you or others like this. It sickens me how cruel people are and how some people think someone else's weight is their business. Don't let anyone make you feel low, because you're better than that.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Call me crazy, but a ten speed is nothing but curves. All those round, circular things on it like wheels.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Funny how men never get called 'Curvy' or 'Full Figured' etc.

I don't understand why women take it as a compliment.

If a woman says to me, 'oh don't lose weight, I really like fat guys' they would be out the door.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    if you have curves now, you will still have curves when you lose weight. Curves don't mean fat, curves mean shapely. It is definitely an overused word.
  • absinthia70
    absinthia70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm "curvy" and I love my curves. I'm losing weight to be healthier, not to lose my curves (which I've always had anyway, even as a size 2). Confidence at any size is key. THAT is what is sexy. I'm gonna wear my 2 piece on the beach regardless of what other people think, because *I* think it looks good on me (husband does too, yay!) Actually it looks way better than my tankini, which covers more but loses all that curvy shape. So ladies, just be confident and rock it!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

If a woman says to me, 'oh don't lose weight, I really like fat guys' they would be out the door.

I take it as a compliment because when people call me curvy they're referring to...you know. My body shape. And my curves. And are saying they like the way they look. My husband refers to me as curvy and, believe me, he isn't calling me 'fat'.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    if you have curves now, you will still have curves when you lose weight. Curves don't mean fat, curves mean shapely. It is definitely an overused word.
    ^^^^^This. I'm curvy no matter what my weight is at the time. SURPRISE, I have an *kitten* and boobs when I'm heavier or when I'm tiny. However, per the OPs original question, my hubby always wants to make sure I keep the curves, but I seriously wonder where he thinks they are going to run off to.
  • quietair
    quietair Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't think that a lack of curves should be an insult. But I don't see a problem with curvy as a compliment.

The problem is not using "curvy" as a compliment. If you're making a compliment, that's awesome.
    The problem is that the lack of curves is usually meant to be an insult. So, I think that using "curvy" as a compliment is not bad, but just counterproductive and somewhat deceiving. At least nowadays in our society.

Well, imo it's in the wording.

I think it's fine to say "I prefer curvy women" or "women with big butts are sexy"

I don't think it's fine to say "Women shouldn't look like teenage boys" or "meat is for men, bones are for dogs" or the like.

Preferences- fine
    Insulting people who aren't your preference- not fine

eta: see post directly above mine. :noway:

My intent is not to offend, and wasn't to insult, but isn't that really just semantics? I hardly think its insulting to anyone that I wouldn't be physically attracted to them. Lots of people aren't attracted to me, I don't fault them for colorfully stating the fact.
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I prefer a woman who is fit and has curves!!!! To be more specific a woman who looks good in a bikini!!!
    Yup!:drinker:
    Options
    ^^^^^This. I'm curvy no matter what my weight is at the time. SURPRISE, I have an *kitten* and boobs when I'm heavier or when I'm tiny. However, per the OPs original question, my hubby always wants to make sure I keep the curves, but I seriously wonder where he thinks they are going to run off to.

I know, right? Fit and curvy here. I might be a size 2, but I have boobs and a butt.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I don't think that a lack of curves should be an insult. But I don't see a problem with curvy as a compliment.

The problem is not using "curvy" as a compliment. If you're making a compliment, that's awesome.
    The problem is that the lack of curves is usually meant to be an insult. So, I think that using "curvy" as a compliment is not bad, but just counterproductive and somewhat deceiving. At least nowadays in our society.

Well, imo it's in the wording.

I think it's fine to say "I prefer curvy women" or "women with big butts are sexy"

I don't think it's fine to say "Women shouldn't look like teenage boys" or "meat is for men, bones are for dogs" or the like.

Preferences- fine
    Insulting people who aren't your preference- not fine

eta: see post directly above mine. :noway:

My intent is not to offend, and wasn't to insult, but isn't that really just semantics? I hardly think its insulting to anyone that I wouldn't be physically attracted to them. Lots of people aren't attracted to me, I don't fault them for colorfully stating the fact.

You also don't need to insult people whom you aren't particularly attracted to.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I have decided that all women should be Flumpy.

Flumpy is my own term for women EXACTLY how I like them. It is a mix of fit, curvy, heavy, thin, healthy, bingeful, lonely, dull, witty, fat, young, wise, mature, and with a wisp of peppermint.

There can be no other way.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hmm seems to be a common topic the last couple of days..

I do enjoy a curvy woman, but I wouldnt suggest to her that she stop trying to work out to stay a particular way for me..

there is the whole "body is a temple" maxim and that should be respected.

So do what you feel you need to..either he will accept it or not but your the one that has to be ok with YOU
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I don't know...I guess technically I'm "curvy." I do know that even at a size two/four I didn't lose my chest or sadly, my booty. I've been with men who wanted me traditionally skinny, and I've been with guys that liked it. I always just figured when I found the right guy, he'd like me no matter what.
    Options
    I don't know...I guess technically I'm "curvy." I do know that even at a size two/four I didn't lose my chest or sadly, my booty. I've been with men who wanted me traditionally skinny, and I've been with guys that liked it. I always just figured when I found the right guy, he'd like me no matter what.

Right? As long as YOU are happy with YOU, that is all that matters. Whatever size, shape, weight, etc.
  • idontcarroll
    idontcarroll Posts: 216 Member
    Options

Agreed! That's because they are fat.

Although I do love a man with a nice *kitten*. :love: