curvy girls or men who like them

Options

Replies

• somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    dumpster-fire_medium.jpg

So much this.

I called it like five hours ago. I know a dumpster fire when I see one.

If we could just get some clean eating nonsense in here we'll have covered just about everything.

Well I think giving up wheat and doing CrossFit can really help with being curvy.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a guy equivalent of curvy so I could at least feel better about myself for the next 45lbs or so.

"Teddy Bear".
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a guy equivalent of curvy so I could at least feel better about myself for the next 45lbs or so.

Husky

Hmmm, not positive enough. It's what you call your 10 year old nephew so his parents don't think you're calling him fat.
    h058D2B02
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    dumpster-fire_medium.jpg

So much this.

If we could just get some clean eating nonsense in here we'll have covered just about everything.

Well I think giving up wheat and doing CrossFit can really help with being curvy.

And we have a bingo! And before noon!
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    dumpster-fire_medium.jpg

So much this.

Do you even timezones?
  • somefitsomefat
    Options

"Teddy Bear".

Good but not manish enough. I'm going to propose "solid" as the term. It's technically accurate since people aren't liquids, gases, or plasma. Also it sounds firm and manish. It's the guy version of "thick."
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    dumpster-fire_medium.jpg

So much this.

Do you even timezones?

There is only one timezone! The one I'm in.
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Men like a wide range of body types and personalities as do women. However, confidence is attractive to both sexes. (and all those in between)
    I have been many sizes, and always had people attracted to me because I am confident and love myself.
    It doesn't matter how big your butt is, if you don't think you are worth the love, you will not attract it to you
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    dumpster-fire_medium.jpg

So much this.

and don't forget sugar fear mongering....
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    WOW! I leave the internet for a few hours and this is what happens. All I wanted was to swap stories with other "curvy" girl who have heard ridiculous things from men.

Here's my take on what's been said. There is a difference between curvy and overweight. One describes body shape. One describes weight in proportion to height. I am overweight, but I'm also curvy. People can be overweight and apple shaped, or overweight and pear shaped, or overweight and hourglass shaped.

I've coined the term amazon to describe myself. I'm almost 6' tall and have G cups. I'm an amazon.
    Well, to be an amazon, you'd need to cut off your left breast since they just got in the way of firing arrows. :flowerforyou:

My boyfriend has told me he likes my body, but I'm no where I want to be. He said my legs and butt curve in all the right places. I'm lifting weights, eating at a moderate deficit, and eating relatively high protein so that I can maintain as much of my lean body mass as I can during my weight loss. I don't particularly just want to be skinny, I'd like to be fit, and to me, that means keeping the curves that I have. But, I think a curvy but that is high, round, and muscular is prettier than a butt that is big, but kind of droopy because it's all fat. So, I'm working on that (squats and deadlifts for the win!).

And if my bf doesn't like me enough to like me at a weight that I'm happy with, then he doesn't really love me (as long as it's safe and I don't develop an eating disorder). I don't see it being an issue, and he's liking the changes I've made so far.
  • Polygontus
    Polygontus Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I can't comment on anything anymore without people judging me and telling me to "get help"...
    What the hell...

Because you advertise it, and some of us here are in recovery. It is extremely triggering to be in a place in recovery and see something so hugely unhealthy as someone purposely aiming for a very low BMI.

This whole thread seems derailed enough as it is, but seriously: you talk about having issues with insecurity and low self-esteem on your profile and in multiple past posts, highlight your underweight BMI with a chart in a profile picture, and aim to go even lower. You will be told to get help from anyone who has a pulse and a grain of empathy, particularly on a fitness sight, where people aim for health.

Plus, many of us speak from experience. I regret every day what I did to my body, because now it doesn't do what it should do. If I could turn back time, I would in a heart beat. Since I can't, I can at least help others by sharing my story and by advocating professional help.

Find it. If it doesn't work, look further; if you don't like how a hairdresser cuts your hair, you find a new one. The same can apply to doctors and counselors. Form a team: therapist, psychiatrist (who could prescribe meds, if a chemical imbalance is contributing to such feelings), nutritionist., etc. If it's difficult to find all of those things at once, or is too overwhelming, at least continually look for a counselor that works well with you. Even when the healthy weight comes back, the disorder will always have to be managed.

Good luck.

ETA: Who's judging you? Perhaps inferring that you have disordered eating and mindset from your own admissions? But no one's sitting her thinking negatively of you; telling someone to get help seems pretty positive, as ignoring someone going down a path of destruction seems a bit crueler.

I acknowledge my disorder. At this point in time I'm not doing much to help it. I work on one thing at a time.
    My ticker & "goal" BMI, it's just a number. I don't know what my goal is. I don't know what I want. I don't know if it's my goal or the goal of the voices in my head.

I know what recovery is like. It frikin sucks. I'm still recovering from self-harm, resisting the urges I get when I'm alone in my room. Right now, recovery from disordered eating is not a priority.

Nobody has to look at my profile. I'm sorry if my existence offends you or other people.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    dumpster-fire_medium.jpg

So much this.

If you eat fruit at night, you'll die.
  • BigBadDougs
    BigBadDougs Posts: 155
    Options
    I like curvy women, I'm awlays worried with a thin girl that I'll break her if we play too rough.
  • somefitsomefat
    Options
    dumpster-fire_medium.jpg

So much this.

I'm kicking off giving up sugar by doing a juice cleanse liver detox.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I can't comment on anything anymore without people judging me and telling me to "get help"...
    What the hell...

Because you advertise it, and some of us here are in recovery. It is extremely triggering to be in a place in recovery and see something so hugely unhealthy as someone purposely aiming for a very low BMI.

This whole thread seems derailed enough as it is, but seriously: you talk about having issues with insecurity and low self-esteem on your profile and in multiple past posts, highlight your underweight BMI with a chart in a profile picture, and aim to go even lower. You will be told to get help from anyone who has a pulse and a grain of empathy, particularly on a fitness sight, where people aim for health.

Plus, many of us speak from experience. I regret every day what I did to my body, because now it doesn't do what it should do. If I could turn back time, I would in a heart beat. Since I can't, I can at least help others by sharing my story and by advocating professional help.

Find it. If it doesn't work, look further; if you don't like how a hairdresser cuts your hair, you find a new one. The same can apply to doctors and counselors. Form a team: therapist, psychiatrist (who could prescribe meds, if a chemical imbalance is contributing to such feelings), nutritionist., etc. If it's difficult to find all of those things at once, or is too overwhelming, at least continually look for a counselor that works well with you. Even when the healthy weight comes back, the disorder will always have to be managed.

Good luck.

ETA: Who's judging you? Perhaps inferring that you have disordered eating and mindset from your own admissions? But no one's sitting her thinking negatively of you; telling someone to get help seems pretty positive, as ignoring someone going down a path of destruction seems a bit crueler.

I acknowledge my disorder. At this point in time I'm not doing much to help it. I work on one thing at a time.
    My ticker & "goal" BMI, it's just a number. I don't know what my goal is. I don't know what I want. I don't know if it's my goal or the goal of the voices in my head.

I know what recovery is like. It frikin sucks. I'm still recovering from self-harm, resisting the urges I get when I'm alone in my room. Right now, recovery from disordered eating is not a priority.

Nobody has to look at my profile. I'm sorry if my existence offends you or other people.

Your anger seems misplaced; it's at your situation, which I understand. Completely. I think you're mistaking "People comment because it is both triggering and people don't like to see others hurt themselves" with "offending." That sort of response usually comes from someone who doesn't want that nerve touched. And, you admit, you're not looking to get your ED managed.

I just comment, and continue to comment, because a calorie counting site is not a good spot for someone with an ED, or who is even just starting out recovery.

I hope whoever you're working with is helping you with both, as self-harm and EDs go hand-in-hand, since mistreating your body is still self-harm. And can result in tragedy just as quickly.

Good luck to you, yet again.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    dumpster-fire_medium.jpg

So much this.

If you eat fruit at night, you'll die.

This one is one of my faves.

c231886efd66c373d3c4f882bafd8a13.jpg
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I don't like when people refute the fact that I'm curvy just because I'm a size 2/4. My waist is 25 inches and my hips are 37...what about that isn't curvy?? My waist to hip ratio is 0.67!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    the problem is most women use the words "curvey" when they are overweight. I think "curvy" is how you are built (hourglass, pear, apple shapes, top heavy, bottom heavy, etc) and if you are carrying the right weight on the right frame you can be curvy and sexy.

I dont think "curvy" is sexy on a woman who is overweight and unhealthy.
    Ultimetely healthy is the new sexy, and if that includes curves as well then it is your lucky day!

Sorry go ahead and get butt hurt and hate me.

I agree with you on the fact that the term "curvy" is often misused.
    I don't think "curvy" should even be a compliment since any girl can be beautiful, even without very prominent curves.
    Especially if you consider that, whatever curvy might mean, it's mostly used as a compliment only when a girl is somewhat thin or at least good looking.
    Same thing goes for the term "sexy".
    A girl can be sexy at any weight in my opinion.
    Sexy is sexy, curvy is curvy, and healthy is healthy, you don't have to be curvy or healthy to be sexy or whatever.
    Wrong.

"Sexy" is a visual estimation of how likely one is to be able to have and raise viable offspring with you. So 'healthy' is a huge part of sexy.
  • somefitsomefat
    Options
    the problem is most women use the words "curvey" when they are overweight. I think "curvy" is how you are built (hourglass, pear, apple shapes, top heavy, bottom heavy, etc) and if you are carrying the right weight on the right frame you can be curvy and sexy.

I dont think "curvy" is sexy on a woman who is overweight and unhealthy.
    Ultimetely healthy is the new sexy, and if that includes curves as well then it is your lucky day!

Sorry go ahead and get butt hurt and hate me.

I agree with you on the fact that the term "curvy" is often misused.
    I don't think "curvy" should even be a compliment since any girl can be beautiful, even without very prominent curves.
    Especially if you consider that, whatever curvy might mean, it's mostly used as a compliment only when a girl is somewhat thin or at least good looking.
    Same thing goes for the term "sexy".
    A girl can be sexy at any weight in my opinion.
    Sexy is sexy, curvy is curvy, and healthy is healthy, you don't have to be curvy or healthy to be sexy or whatever.
    Wrong.

"Sexy" is a visual estimation of how likely one is to be able to have and raise viable offspring with you. So 'healthy' is a huge part of sexy.

Can we all just agree that curvy girls need to be doing side bends and sit ups in order to not lose that butt?
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I have not had someone in real life compliment my curves. Quite the opposite actually. I am 42 34 43 I have got stopped on the street to be told to lose weight. I have had people tell me I am fat. But not really had that my curves are beautiful. Only on here. LOL So I am interested in what the men have to say.

For the record also, I used to wear a bikini on the beach when I was 20kg heavier, and had strangers hit me and tell me to put it away. I will never wear a bikini again. Words hurt!

Whoa! I think you look great!! :)
    Your curves define you...... and that definition is MIGHTY good looking! :P