curvy girls or men who like them

Replies

• Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    I've fluctuated between 127-153 and have alays had compliments from men and women on my curves.. I think the key to curves is keeping it tight.. w weight training and somewhat of a clean diet you should be able to maintain a good build even when you are not at your leanest.. just in my opinion and past experiences. MEN LOVE CURVES!!!!!!!!!

A womans body with no curves is like jeans without pockets.. you have no where to put your hands :bigsmile:

gotta love the body shaming.

HUH? Not following bella..?

Me thinks she doesn't consider herself curvy, and you just said men love curves..so therefore you are shaming her and saying men don't love her because she doesn't have them. Everyone is different...curvy not curvy..there is someone out there that finds you attractive no matter your body state...or Jerry Springer wouldn't have a show..
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    I think most women look best as a size 12-14, but toned from being in shape.

the biggest I have ever been was a size 6. We're not all built the same and because of that, I am thankful that you are not the end all, be all to say what size we all should be.
    He is just stating his preference................just like some women in this thread who think they can decide and define what a "real man" is

He also said "most" women, not just women are "all" women.

I'm just curious as to how he knows "most women's" clothing size.

This one, to me, is no different than saying I prefer woman at such-n-such weight. It depends a lot on body composition and height. A size 12-14 looks different at 5'0" than it does 5'10".
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    I think most women look best as a size 12-14, but toned from being in shape.

the biggest I have ever been was a size 6. We're not all built the same and because of that, I am thankful that you are not the end all, be all to say what size we all should be.
    He is just stating his preference................just like some women in this thread who think they can decide and define what a "real man" is

He also said "most" women, not just women are "all" women.

I'm just curious as to how he knows "most women's" clothing size.

This one, to me, is no different than saying I prefer woman at such-n-such weight. It depends a lot on body composition and height. A size 12-14 looks different at 5'0" than it does 5'10".

agreed
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    I've fluctuated between 127-153 and have alays had compliments from men and women on my curves.. I think the key to curves is keeping it tight.. w weight training and somewhat of a clean diet you should be able to maintain a good build even when you are not at your leanest.. just in my opinion and past experiences. MEN LOVE CURVES!!!!!!!!!

A womans body with no curves is like jeans without pockets.. you have no where to put your hands :bigsmile:

Me thinks she doesn't consider herself curvy, and you just said men love curves..so therefore you are shaming her and saying men don't love her because she doesn't have them. Everyone is different...curvy not curvy..there is someone out there that finds you attractive no matter your body state...or Jerry Springer wouldn't have a show..

I'm curvy. I just think the "body without curves is like a jeans without pockets" could be found offensive by those who do not have curves.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member

I'm curvy. I just think the "body without curves is like a jeans without pockets" could be found offensive by those who do not have curves.

Either way I don't think she meant to shame anyone. It's a popular quote you find on all kind of memes...people get all bent our of wack over such small things and perceived slights. It would be one thing to say "If you don't have curves then you just aren't a real woman" or "If you have curves your just fat" That's direct and meant to be offensive and inflamatory...I think she meant well and was only using a popular quote to be cheeky.

Of course I could be wrong..that happens all the time..LOL
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member

Either way I don't think she meant to shame anyone. It's a popular quote you find on all kind of memes...people get all bent our of wack over such small things and perceived slights. It would be one thing to say "If you don't have curves then you just aren't a real woman" or "If you have curves your just fat" That's direct and meant to be offensive and inflamatory...I think she meant well and was only using a popular quote to be cheeky.

Exactly.. we are on a social media forum.. live and laugh a lil people :bigsmile:

We are all beautiful..in our own unique way.. thin, curvey, tall, short just embrace that you are different and someone will love you for being just YOU ..
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member

DON'T TELL ME WHAT I LIKE!!!!!

Exactly.. we are on a social media forum.. live and laugh a lil people :bigsmile:

We are all beautiful..in our own unique way.. thin, curvey, tall, short just embrace that you are different and someone will love you for being just YOU ..

I just said it sounds like body shaming. Meh. Maybe I just need more coffee or less coffee, lol. It was just how it read to me, but I am not personally offended.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    I don't like when people refute the fact that I'm curvy just because I'm a size 2/4. My waist is 25 inches and my hips are 37...what about that isn't curvy?? My waist to hip ratio is 0.67!

according to the "theory of curviness" you need a waste to hip ration of 1.69 to be considered "curvy"....
  • mercergirl2008
    mercergirl2008 Posts: 63 Member
    Yes my ex told me yesterday not to lose too much weight because he probably wouldnt like me anymore. He prefers a curvy woman. I told him it didn't matter to me because what's most important is how I feel about how I look and how healthy I feel. I will be sure to repeat this in the future also.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    dumpster-fire_medium.jpg

So much this.

I called it like five hours ago. I know a dumpster fire when I see one.

If we could just get some clean eating nonsense in here we'll have covered just about everything.

and don't forget sugar fear mongering....

I'm kicking off giving up sugar by doing a juice cleanse liver detox.

I have actually cut ALL sugar out of my diet and am eating fruit daily...
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    I don't like when people refute the fact that I'm curvy just because I'm a size 2/4. My waist is 25 inches and my hips are 37...what about that isn't curvy?? My waist to hip ratio is 0.67!

according to the "theory of curviness" you need a waste to hip ration of 1.69 to be considered "curvy"....
    That's irrational.:laugh:
  • jaenders06
    jaenders06 Posts: 63 Member
    I'm curvy as well and can't complain. I hate seeing people that think curves = fat... It doesn't at all. My husband prefers my curvy self rather than a stick girl. I just could be a more in shape, define curvy girl because we all know that hips can only shrink so far! Stick girls look unhealthy to me. There's got to be a little something there. Let me define my curvy... The difference between my hips and waist can usually be a pant size. I was a competitive swimmer for years and I still have the broad shoulders, smaller waste and strong legs. It doesn't matter what others think of you, it's what you think about yourself. I personally believe curvy is beautiful and something to be proud of.

they said there would be NO math!! :laugh:
  • People say this to me often. v.v Its annoying because I don't like curves on myself.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member

A waist to hip ration of 1.69 would mean that a woman's waist is 1.69 times as large as her hips. It's a curve, but usually not what people think of for curvy. And it's not particularly healthy since weight carried around the waist is what has been linked to the most diseases.

ETA: And if you meant the inverse of this, then the corresponding waist to hip ratio would be 0.5917. :flowerforyou:
  • dumpster-fire_medium.jpg

So much this.

I called it like five hours ago. I know a dumpster fire when I see one.

If we could just get some clean eating nonsense in here we'll have covered just about everything.

and don't forget sugar fear mongering....

I'm kicking off giving up sugar by doing a juice cleanse liver detox.

I have actually cut ALL sugar out of my diet and am eating fruit daily...

You cut ALL sugar out of your diet but you're eating fruit? O.o I could have sworn fruit had sugar in it.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Well this has been fun.

Out of curiosity, what do people consider a nice way to say 'overweight'? I mean, I feel like this is a catch 22. If you say someone is 'overweight', that isn't a judgement on them as a human being, its just a statement of fact. I feel like if you say someone is 'plump' or 'husky' or 'robust' or whatever, they will just think 'man, that's a new way to call me fat'.