THE WALKING DEAD

Options

Replies

• TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Totally think Terminious is a cannibalistic group. Notice the gardens they had were not very large and probably unable to support a group for even a year after harvest. There also weren't any really people other than Mary within the compound and if there had been then surely there would have been a build up of walkers like there were at the Prison. I think the signs on the railroad are a huge trap to ensnare victims. I think they are going to find Maggie's sister (I forget her name) taken by the people in Terminous and that she'll be in some sort of cell or chamber? Or maybe Maggie and Glen's group will be fed her. Meanwhile the hunters with Daryl will come across Rick, Carl, and Michonne but somehow I think they will become allies against Terminous or they will escape the hunters then something will tie it all into Terminous.

Yeah I theorize a lot haha.
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I got the same bad feeling about Terminus. Why was everything unlocked? Where were the zombies? And what was up with that crazy woman? "We'll fix you a plate!" Yeah...a plate of what, exactly?

^^^ This.

The most confusing of all of them was why were the gates wide open. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Yeah, exactly. Everything was wiiiiiide open. I'm also getting the feeling they'll all be asked to turn in their weapons while inside, just like the governor had them do.

Interesting dilemma. Trust goes both ways, where do you cross that line into trust?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I got the same bad feeling about Terminus. Why was everything unlocked? Where were the zombies? And what was up with that crazy woman? "We'll fix you a plate!" Yeah...a plate of what, exactly?

^^^ This.

The most confusing of all of them was why were the gates wide open. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Yeah, exactly. Everything was wiiiiiide open. I'm also getting the feeling they'll all be asked to turn in their weapons while inside, just like the governor had them do.

Interesting dilemma. Trust goes both ways, where do you cross that line into trust?

I have no real comment to add, I just want to steal the puppy in your avatar.

Ok fine, I'll comment. I agree that the commune is probably some sort of cannibalistic group, but since the lady out front was prego, and they only kidnapped Beth, I was also wondering if maybe they were eating any outside males and keeping/kidnapping women to use them as breeding stock, you know, to repopulate the planet and all....
  • louiseoxford
    louiseoxford Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I agree about the cannibal theory, Mary seemed eerily creepy! I haven't read the comics but the Telltale game has a creepy dairy farm that seems idyllic and perfect to begin with but you later discover they are cannibals and just lure people in to eat them...it was my first thought when I saw how weirdly calm and 'nice' Terminus was.

Also Glenn and Maggie...so happy they're reunited!
  • _NAUTILUS_
    _NAUTILUS_ Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    photo_zps82db3c1a.png
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Ok fine, I'll comment. I agree that the commune is probably some sort of cannibalistic group, but since the lady out front was prego, and they only kidnapped Beth, I was also wondering if maybe they were eating any outside males and keeping/kidnapping women to use them as breeding stock, you know, to repopulate the planet and all....

Funny, so did my ex. ...she won. :(

I'm not saying that the last part isn't possible but I would say that it's pretty inefficient due to the growth rate of humans and the amount of resources required to raise them to reproductive age. I guess I tend to believe that at this point survival is still more important than that type of future planning. It seems that we are still seeing a large portion of dietary requirements coming from scavenging, the hard times of self sufficiency are yet to come. When the only sources of food become hunting, farming, and barter, the game is going to change.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    photo_zps82db3c1a.png

LOL - too funny!!! I also have a bad feeling about Terminus!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

Funny, so did my ex. ...she won. :(

I'm not saying that the last part isn't possible but I would say that it's pretty inefficient due to the growth rate of humans and the amount of resources required to raise them to reproductive age. I guess I tend to believe that at this point survival is still more important than that type of future planning. It seems that we are still seeing a large portion of dietary requirements coming from scavenging, the hard times of self sufficiency are yet to come. When the only sources of food become hunting, farming, and barter, the game is going to change.

That's just wrong!:mad:

I agree entirely that it's not the smartest way to go, I'm just thinking that a group who's already decided kidnapping and cannibalizing other survivors is the way to go, probably already pretty far off to one side on the whole crazy bell curve. Forced re-population is something that tends to sound perfectly logical when you're already eating people.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Totally think Terminious is a cannibalistic group. Notice the gardens they had were not very large and probably unable to support a group for even a year after harvest. There also weren't any really people other than Mary within the compound and if there had been then surely there would have been a build up of walkers like there were at the Prison. I think the signs on the railroad are a huge trap to ensnare victims. I think they are going to find Maggie's sister (I forget her name) taken by the people in Terminous and that she'll be in some sort of cell or chamber? Or maybe Maggie and Glen's group will be fed her. Meanwhile the hunters with Daryl will come across Rick, Carl, and Michonne but somehow I think they will become allies against Terminous or they will escape the hunters then something will tie it all into Terminous.

Yeah I theorize a lot haha.

The leader of Daryl's group said something like that. Daryl pointed out the poster and suggested they head for Terminus but the leader said something to the effect of, yeah, we've been there but we had to leave because we had trouble there.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Hope a biter gets Carl.

Carl was barely in the episode. Lol

Hope Carl lives, I want a biter to get that sniveling coward Rick!!
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely thinking Terminus is where the cannibals are.. What are they referred to in the comics? The Hunters? idk but I def think she was grillin up some human! "I'll make you a plate".. no thanks!!
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely thinking Terminus is where the cannibals are.. What are they referred to in the comics? The Hunters? idk but I def think she was grillin up some human! "I'll make you a plate".. no thanks!!

I agree! I ran across a few cannibals in the first season of the TellTale PS3 game....and that is what Terminus is reminding me of! FYI for anyone that hasn't played it....it is just as engrossing as the comics and show ;)
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Anyone else notice that "Mary" the lady at Terminus is Tasha Yar from TNG?

hF2D2679C
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

hF2D2679C

Hell no I didn't, I'm going to have to check that out!
  • SuperWhoLock24601
    SuperWhoLock24601 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

hF2D2679C

Tasha Yar!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

hF2D2679C

Tasha Yar!

no way …the star trek next generation chick?????
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that was utterly annoyed by the prison flashbacks in the finale? Seemed like they wasted so much time on that.
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    Finally Rick blurs the line between biter and human and demonstrates although he is a hot mess, he is capable of the brutality needed to survive in that world. Anyone else notice all the skinned bodies in the gated area of Terminus???
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that was utterly annoyed by the prison flashbacks in the finale? Seemed like they wasted so much time on that.

Totally agree
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    I thought the prison scenes showed the duality of Rick's character to present a whole picture.