Looking for Support/Motivation for Jillian workouts :)

Options

Replies

• TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options
    chmtastic, welcome! Which videos in your collection are your "go too's"? Ive found switching things up, regarding videos, keeps things interesting for me at least..Im still not totally sold on the yoga..but I still do it from time to time..dont know if the exercise calculator on MFP is accurate for say, Yoga Inferno?

Got up and worked out..felt great after my rest day..although I spent the evening crawling around under a house helping hubby level it..I silently thanked jillian as I had to belly crawl, in plank back and forth numerous times..:)..picked up the 30 pound jack one handed too..
  • chmtastic
    chmtastic Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    TX: I like her yoga workouts, but they are more of a workout than relaxation or stretching LOL I wear a HRM for accurate calorie burning info. Though, I sure do break a sweat during those workouts!

My go-tos are any that are under 35 min! LOL I do roll my eyes when she says "It's only 20 min" when it's really 30+, but whatever. They are short and sweet! I really enjoy the body revolution series, though.

I took a rest day today. I am exhausted. Will attempt a workout in the AM and then will be chaperoning a dance tomorrow night! I'm sure I'll do some dancing! hehe
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Hey Jillian Peeps, I am still here .. I have been so busy with the family wedding reunion -but now back to normal routine. I am doing workout 3 again of Ripped in 30 because I really didn't get a lot in last week. I was very activity but just not with a DVD workout. So I trying to get back to normal. My big problem is getting back in control of my sugar --- I feel like I need sugar rehab-- whenever I spurge then all I want is sugar snacks. New Orleans best pralines and a homemade chocolate flourless cake was the culprit !! I know I have a strong sugar addiction ---so now I have to go cold turkey and detox again but I really struggle with it. Anyone else have this problem?? It's really hard for me---

But on the other hand, my workout plan really did work. I loved my new dress. I will try to post a picture. I received many complements... it felt good to feel good!!!
    Hope everyone has a happy healthy day!!
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    chm-yeah, I figured her Yoga was alot different then "normal" yoga..I break a sweat during inferno too! while its not my favorite, I like how it increases my flexiability and balance..we were loading roundbales of hay the other day..I effortlessly scaled 2 rows of them to straighten a strap..a year ago I would have not been able to do that.

yeah, 20 minutes my rear! LOL I to love the short ones..espc since I workout in the AM..I keep hearing so much about this body revolution..sounds neat!

lobster, I hear you..I recently sugar detoxed too from the holidays and such..I know, how awful its been so long..culprit was my kiddo asking for treats..I wont deny my family food..but I homemake EVERYTHING..and I LOVE choc chip cookie dough..raw..My husband, who loves cookies too, finally told me to just take a break..I was baking EVERY weekend for my family...treats now and then are good..but Ive scaled WAY back and its helped ME by not having it there. :) make a conscious choice..focus on how good you feel when you dont eat crap...that was a big thing for me..because eating crap makes me feel like crap.

We went out to eat last night..soccer game ran late..went to our favorite chinese buffet..I like this place because they have a decent salad bar, good egg drop soup and boiled shrimp. I had alittle lime cottage cheese for dessert too..(I LOVE their lime CC)..and forgoed my bean curd balls (a favorite)..yeah for me!

Got up and did about 35 minutes of Ripped in 30 level 2. instead of plank jacks, I did plank skaters...I really like those. I also added supermans to circuit 1 strength, russian twists to circuit 2 abs and rolling sideplanks to circuit 3 abs. love the work on my core. its suppossed to be a beautiful weekend here..I will be bringing some of my sheep up closer to my house who are getting close to having their lambs, riding my horse and going out to the range for some gun time! Have a great day all!
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Is it too late to join your group? I am in need of motivation/support. :) I have been trying to lose the same 12-15 lbs for over a year with ups and downs. I am trying to focus on body fat % more now instead since my ultimate goal is to be tone. I love working out with Jillian DVD's and plan to workout tonight with either 30DS or Ripped in 30.

How is everyone doing? Any food or workout advice that has helped you stay with it?
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Chmtastic,

Love that you have been working out so long and reaching your goals. How do you stay focused? Do you work out in the morning or evening? I find it so hard to stick to a workout schedule.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Sore shoulders...

That is all (because it's all about me.:laugh: )
  • RunBakeLove
    RunBakeLove Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I am currently on Level 2 Day 6 of the 30DS. This is my second? time trying and I have never made it all the way through. I am a little worried because I have a "vacation" (going across country to meet the boyfriend's fam!) planned starting a week from tomorrow. I will probably be on Level 3 Day 2 or 3 when I leave. I will be gone for 5 days and while I plan to be active (swimming, hiking, etc), I wasn't planning on bringing the shred. My muscles won't completely forget how to work in 5 days, right? :laugh:

Also, something I noticed, my abs are never sore the next day after a workout. They are sore when I attempt the first crunch and continue but never a lasting soreness like my legs. Had my boyfriend watch me do it one time to check my form and he says I'm ok on that...any advice or is this normal?
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    I'm thinking about trying the 30 day shred. Sounds like it works =)
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    Music, Ive found getting up FIRST thing and doing my workout then helps..as my day progresses, my plans may change, I may loose focus. Id rather get it over and know its done..and if I can squeeze an afternoon work in, thats great too!

Lots of water..I did not drink nearly enough before..and I can tell when I havent drank enough now. I use Mio to flavor it..probably not the "Best" but its what works for me. I try to fill half my plate with veggies or fruit at each meal. lean protein..limit my carbs and try to keep sugar away.

I put effort into EVERY workout I do. I focus on my form..even if Im tired, I make sure my form is RIGHT so I get the best burn.

I remember how I felt before and how I feel now..

and I envision certain floozys I know in front of me while doing my kickboxing circuits..now THAT will bring strength forth! LOL
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Is it too late to join your group? I am in need of motivation/support. :) I have been trying to lose the same 12-15 lbs for over a year with ups and downs. I am trying to focus on body fat % more now instead since my ultimate goal is to be tone. I love working out with Jillian DVD's and plan to workout tonight with either 30DS or Ripped in 30.

How is everyone doing? Any food or workout advice that has helped you stay with it?

I have a group I'm trying to bring back to life again lol I started 30ds along with others we can sure use more Active members for support n motivation I started 30ds in January but quit in mid feb had good 10 day results tho but I'm determined to finish through this time

Group LInk:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/50118-jillian-michael-workouts

All welcomed
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    Hi all!

I am currently on Level 2 Day 6 of the 30DS. This is my second? time trying and I have never made it all the way through. I am a little worried because I have a "vacation" (going across country to meet the boyfriend's fam!) planned starting a week from tomorrow. I will probably be on Level 3 Day 2 or 3 when I leave. I will be gone for 5 days and while I plan to be active (swimming, hiking, etc), I wasn't planning on bringing the shred. My muscles won't completely forget how to work in 5 days, right? :laugh:

Also, something I noticed, my abs are never sore the next day after a workout. They are sore when I attempt the first crunch and continue but never a lasting soreness like my legs. Had my boyfriend watch me do it one time to check my form and he says I'm ok on that...any advice or is this normal?

Call me crazy..my laptop, weights and DVD go with me almost everywhere...even to our sheep shows. I get up extra early and get it done before everyone else wakes up. I get itchy if I go two days in a row with no workout.
  • chmtastic
    chmtastic Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Music: I try to workout in the morning. I leave for school at 6:30, so yes, I get up at 4:30 am to work out! AHHHH! I remind myself that by doing it in the morning, I don't have to do it when I get home! That's also why I like her 30 min workouts because they're so much easier that early in the morning. I do the longer ones on Saturdays.

**Although I plan to do another 5K at the end of May, so I will be getting back into running when I get home. I hurt my ankle back in Oct and was in PT for over 3 months. I think it's stable enough now. I've done some 15 min walk 1 min/jog 1 min workouts and it's doing well! And I am NOT a runner, sooo yeahhhh....lolol hehe

I will be trying a new program in a couple of weeks---21 Day Fix. Shhhhhhh don't tell JM LOLOL These workouts are 30 min (supposedly LOL) and the program seems to be similar to what I do now with JM! yayyyy!

If anyone would like to be pals, feel free to add. I have a very small friends list. I am very supportive and love support in return :smile:

-Erin
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Man, some of you people are hard-core!
    Took day off today as should were sore enough to have me looking for tiger balm at 3 am!!!
    I like the structure of jm with her 30 days, or six week plans,I might try a fitness blender programme next,been hearing good things about them, and I love their workouts.
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DLD53
    DLD53 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone :D

Wow! Great to see so much chatter on here over the weekend - I'm wondering if I should start up a group for us? I know a few people have mentioned (myself included ) that we are doing other workouts as well as JM so I could start a general Fitness and Strength one before we hit our allotted 500 posts! Let me know what you think :smile:

A little too much for me to comment personally on this morning before i have to get the school run started, but great to see everyone is so dedicated to what they are doing. Ladies you are all truly inspirational to me and definitely keep me motivated - I have found the last week so hard with my cough and cold, but reading everyone's posts really does spur me on, so thank you all :happy:

I managed a total of about 2 full workouts i think last week which i was really sad about but I although i am still not quite right i am raring to go again this week. Back to the beginning of the Shred for me but this time ALL with 3kg weights - something i've not done before! 65 sleeps to my holiday so i figure i can do 1 round shred with 3s and 1 round RIP with 3s before we go (as well as the additional 30day fat burn YouTube workouts) and hopefully that will be a good start. I'm not taking JM with me on hols, but i the hotel has wifi so i'm hoping to continue the YouTube videos :D

Right..time just disappears! Especially since our clocks changed yesterday and i'm still all befuddled thinking i've got longer than i have!

Welcome to everyone joining, this is a great thread for motivation and support :happy:

Have a great start to the week everyone :happy: Di x
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Group would be an excellent idea...is it easy to do?

Good luck with the shred again (btw where's holiday to?)

:)
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    Ran errands and then went out to the skeet range Saturday..so didnt get my video in..however didnt eat a whole bunch til the evening..half a t-bone and some reduced fat Kemps ice cream (with jimmies!)..

burned thru Ripped in 30 level 2 and ESNS level 1 on Sunday and then spent the day outside doing "Stuff". made some skinnytaste Mango Bread (sans coconut and nuts) for the family..got the thumbs up from both my guys..who love Mangos.

Pushed REALLY hard thru level 2 ripped this morning with my own additions..I was a sweating mess by the time it was done! LOL
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, A brand new week. We don't talk about diets too much but I have started my own mini sugar detox today. It will last 7 days then I should be back on track without my cravings getting the best of me. I usually eat clean but I have been slacking---this will put me back in the swing. Here is to day 1!!! Water water water!

I got up and did level four of ripped in 30. I am liking this program and will do it again with heavy weights and more advance moves. I prepared my clean eating for next couple of days so I am good to go. No sugar for this girl!!! Wish me luck!!!

• TXRanchGirl
    Options
    Good Morning, A brand new week. We don't talk about diets too much but I have started my own mini sugar detox today. It will last 7 days then I should be back on track without my cravings getting the best of me. I usually eat clean but I have been slacking---this will put me back in the swing. Here is to day 1!!! Water water water!

I got up and did level four of ripped in 30. I am liking this program and will do it again with heavy weights and more advance moves. I prepared my clean eating for next couple of days so I am good to go. No sugar for this girl!!! Wish me luck!!!

If I may offer a pinch of advice in your sugar detox? find a healthy food that seems to quell the sugar urge..mine is baby carrots or the Dole frozen tropical fruit..best of luck!