Can a man and woman be good friends without...?

Options

Replies

• rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    As long as they don't find each other attractive!

BINGO! The shortest most accurate response:drinker:

EXACTLY!! :drinker:
  • Cudleigh
    Cudleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I can't think of a single guy friend I have that there hasn't been some sort of attraction between us. Sometimes stuff happened, sometimes it didn't. Still friends. /shrug
  • dintentions3
    dintentions3 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    for ME, yes. cant speak for anyone else. i definitely know some people that could never not have sex with someone they are always around, but ive had a male best friend for 20 years and i never had a sexual thought about him
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yup. (moving on to a different thread)
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    I'd just be happy to have friends......male or female...
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Of course men and women can be bffs without sex.

My top three best friends are all men that are "straight."

Not everything is about sex.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Nope. Every girl I know falls into two categories: do or don't want more. If I don't want more, they avoid me like the plague. If I do and they don't, same thing.
  • babytis
    babytis Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have a few guys that are just friends. For me it's only friendship, but I do have a friend who wishes there could be more between us, but I won't let that happen. I pull away from him some what now. Which makes me sad, he's a great friend.
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I've often wondered this myself. I think you can be as long as neither are physically attracted to the other, maybe? Just not sure, but I am interested in what others say.

Yes, but guys will think about sex with anyone, even someone they find unattractive. I mean, you might *think* they aren't thinking about it, but I'd bet anything they are!
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with having sexual thoughts, but that doesn't mean you have to act on them. The friendship is worth more than the sex, or you two wouldn't just be friends. Just my opinion.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Such an insanely innappropriate Original Post when juxtaposed next to that avatar. I read it like with the mouth moving like one of those insurance commercials with the funny eyebrows and mouth moving portraits and it was a pretty ummmm weird read.
  • udinth
    udinth Posts: 92
    Options
    Without actions? Possibly.

Without thoughts? No.
    Right. My imagination doesn't have limitations. I have thoughts all the time, even when totally out of the picture. One type of example: A few of my dearest friends are lesbians. I'm not in the picture for them, and they're not for me.
    There's nothing wrong with having sexual thoughts, but that doesn't mean you have to act on them. The friendship is worth more than the sex, or you two wouldn't just be friends. Just my opinion.
    Also true.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I've often wondered this myself. I think you can be as long as neither are physically attracted to the other, maybe? Just not sure, but I am interested in what others say.

Yes, but guys will think about sex with anyone, even someone they find unattractive. I mean, you might *think* they aren't thinking about it, but I'd bet anything they are!

Biased and untrue to a fair extent. I'm not totally ruling out your opinion though. That's fetishes territory where I don't wanna explore here.
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options

Biased and untrue to a fair extent. I'm not totally ruling out your opinion though. That's fetishes territory where I don't wanna explore here.

Ok yes, I admit it; I made a wild generalization. I think my point was that even when one person thinks the friendship is innocent and non-sexual, it doesn't mean the other person feels the same.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I love all this "I like men better than women."Men are upfront." "Women are catty." I say "Hell hath no fury like a passive aggressive man."
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options

Ok yes, I admit it; I made a wild generalization. I think my point was that even when one person thinks the friendship is innocent and non-sexual, it doesn't mean the other person feels the same.

That's because uncertainties are part of life. Nothing is absolute. Especially when 2 people of different sexes are involved. Because thoughts like that may happen it doesn't mean a friendship is ruined though. Everyone is gifted with self control, and is their choice to use it or not.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Just don't have friends of any kind...b/c kinsey scale....problem solved.
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Easily!
  • NDelmas
    NDelmas Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I happen to have quite a few friends of the opposite sex that have never resulted in anything sexual. I even asked how that is possible and this is the answer I got....

While a man and a woman can be friends, it is understood that there is always some thought of what it could be if it was to ever reach such a physical level, but there is never any action to the thought.

Some of my best friends happen to be men and they look at me as more like a sister than anything else.

I guess you can say... it is all in how you appreciate your friendship that makes or breaks it.
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    I rarely had any girl's as friends, the ones i did have were guys. I was never sexually attracted to them, and if i was i was just attracted to their personality, not their looks. I can care less about looks.