Beautiful Blues 11/15/10

Options

Replies

• MTDork87
    MTDork87 Posts: 205
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the info. My bowels are moving fine and the last time I splurged was probably the day after Thanksgiving. Yesterday I was able to eat more. I have been recently stocking up on protein inadvertently and I know sometimes that I can lead to a fuller, bloated feeling. I am probably a little low on water too but I just got a seltzer maker for Hanukkah and I will definitely be using it to get my water in.

The links were definitely helpful, thank you! The big debate on eating exercise calories rages on! I liked the idea in one of them that exercising in itself doesn't really help you LOSE weight, it helps you tone and losing pounds is really more about your diet. It makes me look at those calories a new way. The experimental week is over on Sunday and then I'll go back to my usual standard of eating about half of my exercise calories unless I'm SUPER hungry. I'm also going to closely monitor my water and not freak about about hitting my goal in time for January 1st. I'm so close, if I hit it on January 15th it'll still be just as awesome.

Thanks again, you are AMAZING

Sara
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Water will definitely help things to move through easier and faster. and you are right about protein.

Jillian Michaels accredits her physique to diet. She states she doesn't get all the exercise that she wants all the time but by maintaining her eating she is ok. I think it was on Jay Leno I heard that. It makes a difference to eat your fruits and vegies and low fat proteins.

You can do it. Remember it isn't about the number on the scale, but how you look and feel. Think about how your goal weight should feel and then guage where you are at. Usually goals end up being a 5 lb spread because of water weight. You will always fluctuate...My real goal is 145-150.

Definitely don't stress about your goal. You will make it. The last few pounds are the hardest, in fact after this week of changing things up you may just see a couple pounds drop off as you eat more next week. You will be there in no time!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hey Blues...How is everybody doing. I am hanging in, lost a little this week but pretty sure I am losing my muscle since I am not doing P90X right now. Plan to start back today on my own. Gotta do something until my class starts back January 10 or I will be up 10 pounds by then. Have a great day. Stay warm. It is 13 degrees here in SC!
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hey Blues,

Sorry I've been MIA for a bit. I finished exams so that is a huge stress reliever but now I'm getting sick.

I haven't done so well with the eating properly and exercising the last couple of weeks so I have to get back on track. Hopefully I can get a weigh in done this week in order for me to be back on the boards.

I'll keep in touch more. Enjoy your day :D
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I got a new motivation the other day before I jumped in the shower. I saw myself naked from a new angle and it has put more determination in me to lose the weight.. I can't get the image out of my head and it realy bothers me what I looked like.

So now i am realy thinking about what I can do to make this goal a reality and stick with it this time
  • debnu1
    Options
    smadag that is the best and worst motivation I think. We have a full length mirror in our bathroom--My husband hates it. I wished I remembered that motivation when I wanted to eat chocolate--but unfortunatelyit doesn't stick with me that long!

I hope everyone is doing well. It sure has been quiet lately. We are almost ready for christmas. Only one week left!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi all...Hope you are doing well and getting ready for Christmas. I have to pick up 3 gift certificates and I am finished. I didn't do a lot of shopping this year. My dad's family drew names and my mom's family doesn't get together for Christmas anymore since my mom and grandmother passed away:frown: I haven't been exercising since my class ended, as I knew I wouldn't. We are getting together this week at 8:30 to do a DVD of some sort. That will help me stay on track. I am up 2 pounds this morning but I knew it was coming. I have been snacking a lot + no exercise = weight gain. Time to get it back under control. Have a good week. Will check in when I can.

Smadag...I hate full length mirrors (especially near the shower)!

Debnu...Hi. Hope you are doing well.
  • smadag1
    Options
    Stuck in yet another motel and with my annoying nasty trainer while the truck is getting fixed. I am going to call today and see about getting a new trainer and maybe going home fo rChristmas since I am only 3 hours from home and I probably wont get a new trainer before the week is up so I hope I can go home

Hope everyone is doing great I wish you many great things for the upcoming year and a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS :drinker:
  • tamelab
    Options
    Stuck in yet another motel and with my annoying nasty trainer while the truck is getting fixed. I am going to call today and see about getting a new trainer and maybe going home fo rChristmas since I am only 3 hours from home and I probably wont get a new trainer before the week is up so I hope I can go home

Hope everyone is doing great I wish you many great things for the upcoming year and a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS :drinker:

Sorry you are having such a hard time. It is hard to be away from home, especially at Christmas. I hope you get to go home. Maybe you will get a new trainer. Keep your chin up. I'll be praying for you.:flowerforyou:
  • smadag1
    Options
    Is it strange that I just ate a whole can of corn for a snack :drinker:

Took a 3 hour bus ride last night to come home and the first thing I wanted to do was go to Zumba with my friends, they thought it was a little strange that I was in town for less than 3 hours and wanted to do Zumba :wink:
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi all...I'm back down to 157 this morning, got up to 158 for a couple of days. Maybe I was retaining water? Hope you all have a great day. I've gotta finish up a few Christmas presents and then start cleaning the house for the Christmas Eve dinner. It is supposed to be near 60 degrees here today and then snow on Christmas Day.:noway: Talk to y'all later.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Is it strange that I just ate a whole can of corn for a snack :drinker:

Took a 3 hour bus ride last night to come home and the first thing I wanted to do was go to Zumba with my friends, they thought it was a little strange that I was in town for less than 3 hours and wanted to do Zumba :wink:

A little strange maybe, but I love corn too. Glad you got to go home for a little visit. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Corn sounds like a great snack. Much better than anything I have been eating lately. It is as if my brain has no restraint right now. I have not been giving my baby very good nutrition lately--so I stocked up on vegies yesterday and am going to make some dip so I actually will start eating them. I need to eat the fruit I have around here too. I hate sugar! I love sugar! Boy I am in trouble...!!

Take care everyone, Have a very merry Christmas!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I apologize for my prolonged absence, but plan to try to get back to you in January. However, I wanted to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas!
  • tamelab
    Options
    I will be cooking Christmas Eve dinner for my extended family tomorrow so I probably won't be on MFP til Sunday or Monday. I hope you all have a blessed Christmas.
  • debnu1
    Options
    hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas! It has been crazy around here but enjoyable!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Happy Monday...Had a wonderful Christmas and now gotta get back on the wagon today. I am up 3 pounds this a.m. It is my TOM so maybe that has a little to do with it or it could be the 3 pounds of ham I ate catching up with me :laugh: Have a great day!
  • debnu1
    Options
    I am sure I ate too much--but now I am trying to listen to my body and eat only when I am hungry--not because it looks good. I can't believe the end of the year is about here, Any good resolutions? I have my standard ones, but also want to get my house better/re-organized before this baby comes.

How about you?
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Sorry for being missing so long- just got busy with christmas and vacation. I'm feeling pretty good, and now have great plans for new year. I'm glad you are all doing great and wish you all a happy holiday and a happy new year.

I wanted to start slow so today so far I've done Leslie sansone's walk away the pounds for 31 minutes. I will do more later on, and am feeling pretty excited.

have an awesome day all!