370lbs > 170lbs -- My 200lb transformation (w/ PICS!)

Options

Replies

• s_yeatts
    s_yeatts Posts: 753
    Options
    I wanted to post these pics today because tomorrow marks the end of a phase in my transformation process. Tomorrow I begin bulking up for the first time, I'm excited and a bit nervous! For the longest time I've been in a constant deficit and I'm ready to see some actual gains. I woke up on June 11th 2011 sick of how my life was headed. I was 200lbs overweight, a hermit with severe social anxiety, and had no clue on how to control my IBS. Being obese triggered my anxiety in public which triggered my IBS symptoms, effectively making my house the only safe place to be.

I didn't want to live that way anymore, so I did some research online which ultimately lead me to making an MFP account. Along the way I've learned a TON; counting calories, what my TDEE is, the benefits of hitting your macro goals, understanding water weight, strength training for fat loss etc.... I soaked it all up. Combining that with some hard work and dedication this is the result of all of my work, I hope this helps motivate and inspire others to keep at it!

5'10"
    Starting: 20yo 370lbs
    Current: 23yo 170lbs

otxG7h0.jpg

Thank you to everyone in advance!

whoa!! you look awesome!
  • laurelmilly
    laurelmilly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    OMG Transformation is right! Amazing work
  • Fit2BeFly
    Fit2BeFly Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wow.. Congratulations
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • eplanajr
    eplanajr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome job mqn. Keep it up.
  • Deborahadele
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! You give hope to the rest of us
  • cwrig
    cwrig Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow. This is inspirational!

I am only three months in to my journey to get healthy and loose about 100lbs. This has really inspired me.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    great job
  • jonathan7877
    Options
    Awesome dude! Congrats!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    fantastic
  • hellohappycarla
    hellohappycarla Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    just wow. =)
  • lbsNirvana
    lbsNirvana Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow...Subway better replace Jarrod...
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Well aren't you Mr. McHottie!!! Well done!!!!!!

^^ What she said.
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That jawline! You look healthy and happy, good luck bulking up.
    I gotta go google frog o sphere.
  • FitMommy_91
    FitMommy_91 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awsome(: congrats !
  • 1_studentforever
    1_studentforever Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Truly awesome! Congrats!:smile:
  • belanna5
    belanna5 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
    And hot! :P
    Good job!
  • desimia1
    desimia1 Posts: 60
    Options
    Seriously Amazing! I have over 100 pounds to loose and seeing stories and pics like yours, keeps me going. Seems like such a huge undertaking but then I see your success. Its a reminder that Its totally possible! You look awesome!
  • Dougf90
    Dougf90 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Way to go man!! I'm not even a month in on starting a diet/transformation and seeing this really motivates me. I too, could lose 200 lbs. Can I ask what you did? I haven't started a gym routine yet, but I was hoping to find something that will help lose weight and not add bulk.

I'm happy to hear that!

Losing weight and adding bulk is all a matter of surplus and deficit (with the obvious strength training included). I recommend strength training as soon as possible. You want to promote fat loss, not just weight loss. I alternated my cardio and strength training days.

If you can't do strength training just quite yet, well that's alright cause neither could I! I walked for the first few months, then I picked up strength training along with more jogging during cardio.

I never plateaued once and I truly believe the 2 biggest factors was a consistent strength training regimen along with knowing my TDEE almost to the exact number (no one knows for sure, but I could almost put money on how much weight I was going to lose each week).
  • Rastamann
    Rastamann Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Awesome work. Every time I slack off and see one of these post. I get fired up again. Thanks for sharing.
  • sare_bear90
    sare_bear90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    daaaaaaaaaammmnnn...

i mean, great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!