calories from fruit

Options

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Ask Rocbola
    Just read the first page. Seems that the advice was positively pleasant.

Sorry OP comments were honest and in the main polite and concise.

I think in future your best option when needing confirmation that you incorrect opinions in not logging fruit are actually correct - contact Rocbola.

Soz.

Good luck with your onward journey (log the fruit).

Check page 4. Even he thinks you need to log it. And fruit is his religion.

Hah, I cannot be bothered to read. I can only make statements without doing any prior research.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    My smoothies usually come in around 500-700 calories so with your logic or lack there of, I could not count those and have more ice cream...

Now for your oh everyone was mean to me, first you got really good advice, no people did not agree with you, but you were given good advice. Not sure how you function in daily life, because everyone is not always going to agree with you, and if you get this upset from people that you don't even know... well I feel sorry for anyone that deals with you IRL... too emotional for me.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Thank you to the people for honest - supportive comments.

This clearly isn't the place for me.

To the people who seem to get a pleasure out of being negative and having an argument. goodbye.

i3MSxJCrHU6T7FGX_fdkDg2.gif
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Ask Rocbola

I think in future your best option when needing confirmation that you incorrect opinions in not logging fruit are actually correct - contact Rocbola.

Soz.

Lol - no way.

I'll have to have a read of that one.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

To the people who seem to get a pleasure out of being negative and having an argument. goodbye.

If your skin is as thin as it appears, maybe the entire internet isn't the place for you ...
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place.

Perfect!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Ask Rocbola

Soz.

To me this reads - log it, but don't pay any attention to it and eat all the fruit you want!
    If you are counting calories, count everything. Just don't let the numbers discourage you from consuming all the fruit you want.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    frabz-SO-SERIOUS-YOU-ARE-c47656.jpg
  • Fairy49
    Fairy49 Posts: 6
    Options

Hope everything goes well for you :smile:
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Count them, and fruit is not as good for you as people think.
    What?! Fruit is amazing for you! It's the only way I meet my micronutrients every day, the most delicious way to get my fiber and compared to most things it's very low calorie for the quantity. You should still log every bit of it and eat what fits into your macros.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

doctorIDK_zpsbdb71367.gif
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I always count my fruits, because I eat like 2/3 different fruits a day, at least.
  • DianeDavidson0226
    DianeDavidson0226 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was shocked that a little halo tangerine has 40 calories and 17 grams of sugar. My weight loss has gone much better since I started limiting fruit and working in more vegetables instead. I would log fruit and see how it changes your calorie picture.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    If I didn't log my fruit I would be in big, big trouble
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Count them, and fruit is not as good for you as people think.
    What?! Fruit is amazing for you! It's the only way I meet my micronutrients every day, the most delicious way to get my fiber and compared to most things it's very low calorie for the quantity. You should still log every bit of it and eat what fits into your macros.

^^^^ this

fruit is good for you, it's a great source of vitamins, minerals, carbohydrate and fibre. But it contains calories from the carbohydrate (and in the case of avocado, fat too) so you need to count the calories to ensure you're not going over your calorie goal.
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options
    OK I get the message some people have gone way over the top. I posted this for support but a lot of you have actually just made me feel crap.

If you choose not to log the fruit, thats fine...but for me..and I do eat alot of fruit (it keeps my sweet tooth at bay, espc love the frozen strawberries and mixed tropical blends)..I log every bit of it..because it keeps me accountable and lets me know what, calorie wise, Ive eaten in a day...
  • tkdgirlms
    tkdgirlms Posts: 73
    Options
    Sorry, but I think the various people telling you to count the calories are giving you support...maybe not what you wanted, which is to have your opinion validated but it is support nonetheless. Why wouldn't you count the calories? That doesn't make any sense...
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I usually "round down" with fruit. For example, if i eat an apple (which doesn't happen very often) I'll search for "apple small" regardless of the size. Same with bananas, oranges, avacados, etc. I do count, but usually underestimate the calories.

It encourages me to eat healthier foods instead of just junk.

I completely agree with the person that says if you're still losing weight, then keep it up--it encourages you to eat healthier foods that fill you up for a fraction of the calories.

when I was on weight watchers i'd sit down and eat a whole bowl of fruit from wal mart, or an entire veggie tray, minus the ranch dip, all for 0 points. and i lost weight, until i got into the "healthy" weight range. then i plateaud and came to MFP, where I started counting my fruit.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

doctorIDK_zpsbdb71367.gif

I :heart: that gif!!!!