calories from fruit

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    My thought is that no one gets fat from eating too many fruits and veggies. It's all the other processed foods and fatty oils that cause you to gain weight and be unhealthy. Fruits and veggies are like cheat items in the way that it doesn't matter how much you eat.

THANK GOD !!! some one who thinks the same way as me !!!!

: )

so thats what you wanted? just someone who thinks like you to pat you on your back and make you believe that you're on the right track?

no I wanted honest opinions.

but also to not think that I was insane in way of thoughts.

but some peoples comments - not yours btw. where very sarcastic and not needed.

You stated you do something because it's your belief and were told you were wrong, there is no shame in being wrong...

I wish fruit was calorie free though, the average avocado I buy is 320 calories!!!!

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

It was my belief - It felt nice that someone else thought the same.

clearly I am wrong as I wouldn't be so fat !! lol

I wanted help not people making sarcastic comments.

I will count the calories from now on.

It just felt ****ty the way some people's comments where. I thought this website was for support not ridicule.

You have been around a while and I am sure that no matter what a thread is about, there are always a handful of people who make stupid, uninformed and childish remarks, or as it has happened here wrap what otherwise is correct advise in sarcasm. Only you can know if you want to put up with those answers when starting a thread, or if you want to ignore those people's posts ( and if they always do this you can put them on ignore ), or you can of course decide that what ever you need to know is not worth it asking in the threads. Usually complaining about it makes things worse, because for the high& mighty crowd that is an invitation to just keep on being sarcastic.
    One thing I had to learn here and accept to a certain degree; many of those sarcastic people often have good information. I personally just wish they would package it differently.
    If you eat a lot of fruit you really have to log it, especially when considering that the average piece of fruit that is eaten as a single fruit ( like apples, bananas, pears etc ) are around 100-120 calories. It is easy to ingest 500 calories worth of fruit, maybe another 500 or more on smoothies and that is before you have eaten something which is easily another 1000 plus calories. That might be ok for maintenance depending on your height, age weight and activity level, but for most women it is too much to lose weight more ore less consistently.
    Good Luck !
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Whether it's healthy food or not....at some point too many calories is TOO MANY CALORIES. Example - I need to eat at 1500 calories a day to lose weight. I eat those 1500 calories and log everyone EXCEPT the 500 calories in fruit and smoothies I had that day. Result - I've consumed 2000 calories. I am now over my calorie goal for the day. Moral of the story - log everything.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Haha calories from anything can make you gain weight.
    It's very difficult to become overweight on a diet of whole natural plant foods, because they are so low in calories. Your body's satiety mechanism would take over before you got too many calories, and you would no longer have the desire to eat.

Whole natural plant foods, aside from being loaded with the necessary vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, amino acids, fatty acids, phyto-chemicals and anti-oxidants to sustain healthy life, are loaded with fiber and water. There is a lot of bulk. Because of the bulk of the fiber and water, whole plant foods physically stretch your stomach, signaling your brain that it's time to stop eating.
    caloriedensitystomach.jpg

All animals eating their natural diets do not gain too much weight, even when food is in abundance.

Not.true.at.all. I got fat because I fell in love with rice while living for 20 years in Asia. I ate a cup of usually brown rice or more for breakfast, lunch and dinner and did not avoid potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, plantains, cassava and mandioca either.....those are all whole plant foods.....except they are all very starchy. And then I could also talk about whole wheat, home made pasta ( also all natural ) and home baked bread from all natural flour ( and no grinding the grain does not fall under " processing " ) and seeds.
    My diet is a diet minimally processed ( usually at home through grinding , chopping, freezing, drying etc ) and based on whole or natural foods and I have eaten it for over 65 years now......and still gained almost 40 kilos/over 80 pounds....because the quantity of food eaten causes weight gain and not the quality. It is true that it is impossible to eat 3000 calories of steamed spinach or plain cucumbers in a day, but making that or a similar point is such a ridiculous extreme that it's not worthwhile answering to.
    And by the way; if a lion would eat a whole gazelle ( part of their natural diet ) every day and not move, that lion would get fat also......as it can be seen in some of the zoos around the world.
  • aklove907
    aklove907 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have an obsession with green smoothies at the moment, but I log each and everything I put in them. The calories add up fast, and they do count!

Good luck on your loss!!
  • sunariel1
    sunariel1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    OK I get the message some people have gone way over the top. I posted this for support but a lot of you have actually just made me feel crap.

you posted it for validation, not support. you wanted everyone to tell you that you are right and that you don't need to worry about counting fruit calories. Food is food, to lose weight what goes in must be less than what gets burned. so, you shouldn't feel like crap, just make the change. :) Fruit is actually really high in natural sugars, which are difficult for a lot of peoples bodies to differentiate from processed/ refined sugars. That being said, logging everything and being completely open and honest with yourself is the best way to recognize your patterns and know where you need to tweak to get to your goal.
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You guys need to calm down. :/
    The answer is log your fruit.
    So we're all happy.
    No need to be rude or feel attacked.

truth.

however when people are being rude it is hard not to feel attacked. : )

see now this might be mean but I am so out of this pity party. No one was mean, they told you the truth and you took it as mean, that's on you.

Welcome to the internet where not everyone will agree with you and there is not specific font for sarcasm, rudeness, or being mean it's all on you and how you interpret it.

thanks.

The person who made one of the comments sent me a message and said sorry for being a di** - so clearly I am not just over reacting.

I am new to forums so I had no idea people where so harsh.

go and join the mean bus, if being horrible to people brings you so much joy I feel very sorry for you and the people around you.

In my life I fill it with joy and happiness and nice people.

you haven't seen harsh...

and don't feel sorry for me I have more joy in my life than you know and if you think I am mean hold onto your hat, cause if you stay on the forums and react like this everytime people don't agree with you or sugar coat their responses you are gonna get flayed a lot...

<<<<trounces off to join the rest of the mean people aka those who don't sugar coat stuff....much more informative place to be anyway.

Yeah, I don't see where the rudeness or meanness is coming from. Especially from you. I've seen a lot of your posts and none of them have been *****y, rude, mean, or anything like that. You're just honest. I would rather have honesty about my habits than have sugar-coated "agree-with-me-or-else" logic.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I wish I had never asked, and its a shame as I wont be posting for advice in the future.

You didn't want advice. You wanted an "atta girl!". You got honest advice. Butthurt ensues.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I wish I had never asked, and its a shame as I wont be posting for advice in the future.

You weren't looking for advice; you were looking for affirmation.
  • haymck123
    haymck123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is a useful thread.
    I have to log all my fruit intake as it's my favourite food group. In fact my diet pal and my other half say I eat too much fruit because of the sugars so I'm trying to cut it down a little. But it is good for you! It's a balance.
    But yes, log it. Log everything. And maybe stop being so defensive? People have taken the time to give you advice as they're trying to help.
    Peace
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    In addition to wanting an accurate record of calories eaten, which is useful for lots of reasons, including calculating what you are actually burning on weekly basis, I don't get why you wouldn't want to log foods just because you think they are healthy. I like to log vegetables for the accurate record, but also because I can look back and see when I was eating them vs. how I felt, whether I am eating as many servings as I like, and whether I'm eating as much variety as I like. If I've been doing zucchini & broccoli over and over, it's time to bring in some different things. So I don't see why one would not want to log fruits, even apart from them having a significant number of calories.