Dairy Alarmism

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    No no no, the pro dairy side doesn't give a **** if you want to drink milk or not. The anti dairy side is strongly against anyone drinking milk. Big difference.

Got Milk?

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. If you are, you're wrong*. There's big money promoting dairy, especially milk. The latest TV ads have milk splashing all over stuff. (I'll have to pay more attention next time to see why milk is splattering everywhere.) There's no comparison to the anti dairy industry, mostly because there is no anti dairy industry.

* Maybe you were talking strictly about people on this forum. If so, I'd agree with you for the most part.

In a world where everyone wants the quick fix, telling them that a particular food group is unhealthy placates the need to abscond responsibility. To perpetuate the dillusion that a particular food group is to blame for all their ailments and woes, absconders need others to participate in the dillusion. So there is, in fact, an anti-dairy industry. Otherwise, you would not find anything on the internet declaring milk to be evil. Of course, the individuals putting out this "anti-dairy" information couldn't possibly be making any money... except they are... through internet advertising.
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I won't drink the stuff and haven't in 15 years... it's weird to me. But cheese, yogurt, and ice cream is my friend so I'm a hypocrite. =D

That said... was there really an argument in here about milking a chimp? Cuz shiz just got weird.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,923 Member
    Options
    I won't drink the stuff and haven't in 15 years... it's weird to me. But cheese, yogurt, and ice cream is my friend so I'm a hypocrite. =D

That said... was there really an argument in here about milking a chimp? Cuz shiz just got weird.
    So basically parmigiano reggiano should only be consumed by baby cows.......I wonder if only regional cows from points of origin should qualify much like greek yogurt is only consumed by greek cows. It's so confusing.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    No no no, the pro dairy side doesn't give a **** if you want to drink milk or not. The anti dairy side is strongly against anyone drinking milk. Big difference.

Got Milk?

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. If you are, you're wrong*. There's big money promoting dairy, especially milk. The latest TV ads have milk splashing all over stuff. (I'll have to pay more attention next time to see why milk is splattering everywhere.) There's no comparison to the anti dairy industry, mostly because there is no anti dairy industry.

* Maybe you were talking strictly about people on this forum. If so, I'd agree with you for the most part.

the pro dairy side on these forums is what i meant. We don't work for dairy and we are not shills....lol

Okay, I thought that might have been it.

And just for the record, I don't think you work for the dairy industry, nor do I think the other people on this thread work for the dairy industry. But . . . .

Don't people from the dairy industry come to MFP, even on a strictly personal, weight-loss-related level? And if they do, wouldn't they tend to promote dairy using some of the dairy industry's best marketing themes?

I'm just sayin'.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,923 Member
    Options

Got Milk?

the pro dairy side on these forums is what i meant. We don't work for dairy and we are not shills....lol

Okay, I thought that might have been it.

And just for the record, I don't think you work for the dairy industry, nor do I think the other people on this thread work for the dairy industry. But . . . .

Don't people from the dairy industry come to MFP, even on a strictly personal, weight-loss-related level? And if they do, wouldn't they tend to promote dairy using some of the dairy industry's best marketing themes?

I'm just sayin'.
    What are you saying exactly? It sounds like your saying milk is harmful to human health and hidden in the limks are milk employee's trying to convince everyone that milk is ok to drink?? If that isn't what your saying why would it be any different than any company that promotes food like cereal companies........do you think they have people planted to endorse cereals as well?
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    TIL that the dairy industry has plants EVERYWHERE!

I have decided that because they have never said something worthy of hearing, some people don't expect anyone to ever take them seriously.
  • shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me that 1:4 Europeans can't digest dairy.
  • brosis85
    brosis85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    We are the only mammals on the planet that consume milk after infancy ... and we are the only mammals that consume milk from another mammal. That being said - I like milk and LOVE cheese ... never really thought much about it until I stopped using it. I replaced it with almond milk and feel significantly less bloated and it took about an inch off my waist and hips.

So I like what some others have suggested, just see if not having it works for your goals. But if it is not hurting anything then I dont think there is any 'proof' that you need to give it up!
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options

So basically parmigiano reggiano should only be consumed by baby cows.......I wonder if only regional cows from points of origin should qualify much like greek yogurt is only consumed by greek cows. It's so confusing.

If a Greek cow mated with an American cow their offspring would explode.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    We are the only mammals on the planet that consume milk after infancy ... and we are the only mammals that consume milk from another mammal. That being said - I like milk and LOVE cheese ... never really thought much about it until I stopped using it. I replaced it with almond milk and feel significantly less bloated and it took about an inch off my waist and hips.

So I like what some others have suggested, just see if not having it works for your goals. But if it is not hurting anything then I dont think there is any 'proof' that you need to give it up!

orly? :huh:
    66697617-4148-458e-9437-685aa2518a08HiRes.JPG
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Ya learn something new every day.

I'm surprised you didn't figure it out before today. A lot of industries promote their product surreptitiously. It's only logical to assume that in industry that pays millions of dollars to put pus-staches on celebrities, one sided, short term, studies and lies in advertisement in magazines, TV and radio, would also promote their product by lying on the internet.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/20/technology/finding-fake-reviews-online.html?_r=0
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Ya learn something new every day.

I'm surprised you didn't figure it out before today. A lot of industries promote their product surreptitiously. It's only logical to assume that in industry that pays millions of dollars to put pus-staches on celebrities, one sided, short term, studies and lies in advertisement in magazines, TV and radio, would also promote their product by lying on the internet.
    Do you know who one of the most dishonest peddlers (heh) of disinformation is?
    PETA.
    BTW, did you get on a billboard yet, or are you still trying?
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options

are those different large cat cubs?
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

The ones drinking milk in this pic are:
    babies
    carnivores

Human adults are neither.
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options

orlyx2 :huh:

F2MCkZG.jpg
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

orlyx2 :huh:

F2MCkZG.jpg

Oh I've got pages and pages of orly...

taq0qc.jpg
    6ib6v4.png
    9h1i12.png
    2yxpvtd.jpg
    2wd7nzp.jpg