Dairy Alarmism

Replies

• BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member

...however, if you want to be worried, be worried about Big Brussels Sprouts. now *THAT* is a cabal with truly evil intentions. :angry:

4_1.jpg

thats why we need to eat them quickly before they eat us!

eat brussels sprouts? :noway:

hippie! :angry:
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    hippie! :angry:

thank you for the compliment ;)<3
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    I haven't seen anything beyond alarmism and agenda-pushing.

it is in fact the dairy industry that is agenda-pushing by making people believe dairy is good for them. oh the money that can be made off gambling with other peoples health!
    People have been consuming dairy loooong before the dairy industry
    th?id=HN.608046113704381126&pid=15.1
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member

it is in fact the dairy industry that is agenda-pushing by making people believe dairy is good for them. oh the money that can be made off gambling with other peoples health!

I'm more concerned about the organic vegetable industry pushing vegetables that can kill you. More pesticides please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angiostrongylus_cantonensis
  • SpicesOfLife
    yes, when it was all they had, because its better than starving or living on potatoes alone. and from an ethical point of view: back in the day they didnt have mass dairy farms like today. we have unlearned moderation.
  • SpicesOfLife

I'm more concerned about the organic vegetable industry pushing vegetables that can kill you. More pesticides please.

wow thats gross :o
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    My only question about dairy (and I am a huge ice cream lover) is that, at its foremost, it is food intended for a baby cow. Humans, as should come as no surprise, have nutrition requirements that are MILES away from a cow. Take a look at the constituents of bovine milk vs. human milk. It is pretty interesting. Is it the best thing to use dairy products formulated for a species so vastly different from our own? That is what makes me wonder. Of course, not when I eat my appropriate serving of Ben & Jerry's ice cream!

Edited to add: be wary when using the UDSA to evaluate meat and milk. The USDA's mission (at least one of them) is to promote our over-consumption of meat and dairy. That is why our food pyramids, for so long, has pushed meat, dairy, and cheese as particularly healthy. They are all loaded with saturated fats! There is a really good study out there about dairy, but I don't have my notes in front of me. I think it was the Nurses Heart research study or something like that. Try googling it. It is a real an eye opener about dairy.
    That's just downright logical. How dare you bring logic into a MFP forum. Be prepared, the dairy industry plants are about to try and discredit you......

LOL, more like a downright logical fallacy.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    yes, when it was all they had, because its better than starving or living on potatoes alone. and from an ethical point of view: back in the day they didnt have mass dairy farms like today. we have unlearned moderation.
    Huh? We've been keeping cattle for thousands of years. We've been drinking milk and eating cheese for those same thousands of years (around 10,000 I believe.) To say that dairy isn't good for us, and to even make the claim that the dairy industry is responsible for people thinking that dairy is healthy, is absolutely laughable.

By the time humans were drinking cow's milk, we were an agricultural species, farming crops and growing livestock. It wasn't something that we needed to prevent starving. It was something that we realized we could thrive on, and we know now that it's due to its nearly perfect nutrient ratio.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member

Or you could, you know, just wash your veggies..... You should be doing that with the pesticides too.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    My only question about dairy (and I am a huge ice cream lover) is that, at its foremost, it is food intended for a baby cow. Humans, as should come as no surprise, have nutrition requirements that are MILES away from a cow. Take a look at the constituents of bovine milk vs. human milk. It is pretty interesting. Is it the best thing to use dairy products formulated for a species so vastly different from our own? That is what makes me wonder. Of course, not when I eat my appropriate serving of Ben & Jerry's ice cream!

Edited to add: be wary when using the UDSA to evaluate meat and milk. The USDA's mission (at least one of them) is to promote our over-consumption of meat and dairy. That is why our food pyramids, for so long, has pushed meat, dairy, and cheese as particularly healthy. They are all loaded with saturated fats! There is a really good study out there about dairy, but I don't have my notes in front of me. I think it was the Nurses Heart research study or something like that. Try googling it. It is a real an eye opener about dairy.
    That's just downright logical. How dare you bring logic into a MFP forum. Be prepared, the dairy industry plants are about to try and discredit you......

^^^^ See, told ya.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member

^^^^ See, told ya.

Dairy is fine... saturated fat is fine... you've told us nothing.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Sweet ,my check from the Dairy Farmers of America just arrived in the mail!

So glad I opted for direct deposit. Mine deposited last week. I bought cheese with it! :tongue:
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    a dairy cow ran over my wife and slept with my cat.

so, i'm opposed to dairy. :angry:
    /thread LOL
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member

Not sure if anyone has actually answered this question, but I just want to point out that the ratio of milk to other foods in the diets of calfs is also vastly different from our own.

Our diet is not primarily cow's milk.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    No no no, the pro dairy side doesn't give a **** if you want to drink milk or not. The anti dairy side is strongly against anyone drinking milk. Big difference.

Got Milk?

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. If you are, you're wrong*. There's big money promoting dairy, especially milk. The latest TV ads have milk splashing all over stuff. (I'll have to pay more attention next time to see why milk is splattering everywhere.) There's no comparison to the anti dairy industry, mostly because there is no anti dairy industry.

* Maybe you were talking strictly about people on this forum. If so, I'd agree with you for the most part.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,872 Member
    People can choose to drink it or not, make a decision and move on. Geez us.