Dairy Alarmism

Replies

• kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    We are the only mammals on the planet that consume milk after infancy ... and we are the only mammals that consume milk from another mammal. That being said - I like milk and LOVE cheese ... never really thought much about it until I stopped using it. I replaced it with almond milk and feel significantly less bloated and it took about an inch off my waist and hips.

So I like what some others have suggested, just see if not having it works for your goals. But if it is not hurting anything then I dont think there is any 'proof' that you need to give it up!

orly? :huh:
    66697617-4148-458e-9437-685aa2518a08HiRes.JPG
    The ones drinking milk in this pic are:
    babies
    carnivores

Human adults are neither.

True; however, I don't know if you noticed but she referred to the line that said "we are the only mammals that consume milk from another mammal".
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    i don't understand why vegans are opposed to dairy...

...don't they know that dairy comes from dairy PLANTS?!

http://www.dairyfoods.com/dairyplantsusa

:tongue:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    We are the only mammals on the planet that consume milk after infancy ... and we are the only mammals that consume milk from another mammal. That being said - I like milk and LOVE cheese ... never really thought much about it until I stopped using it. I replaced it with almond milk and feel significantly less bloated and it took about an inch off my waist and hips.

So I like what some others have suggested, just see if not having it works for your goals. But if it is not hurting anything then I dont think there is any 'proof' that you need to give it up!

66697617-4148-458e-9437-685aa2518a08HiRes.JPG
    babies
    carnivores

True; however, I don't know if you noticed but she referred to the line that said "we are the only mammals that consume milk from another mammal".

ok, that gets into an argument about being "natural" and blah blah, and the ultimate comeback becomes anyone who eats a fruit or vegetable grown out of season or not in their native area that complains about something being "natural" then they are ultimately as big of a hypocrit as anyone else...

so basically we're all just blowing hot air...
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    We are not the only mammals that consume milk after infancy. If you don't wean a calf (by forcibly removing it from the mother) she'll keep sucking. Same with goats. We've got a 4 year old cow that we can't break of the habit of nursing because we didn't wean her on time. She looks damn ridiculous nursing her mother when she's bigger than her mother.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member

I'm not sure why it matters if we were anyway. We're also the only mammals which cook our food, husband crops, drive cars and ride horses...so what?
    Go us!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    babies
    carnivores

I noticed, but i still think cow's milk is not a good food for humans. We are the only species who makes a daily habit of harvesting and processing the milk from another species, and then consuming it long into adulthood.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member

babies
    carnivores

They all look like mammals to me.
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Rocbola has to be a level and we're all just part of his sick joke.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    babies
    carnivores

I noticed, but i still think cow's milk is not a good food for humans. We are the only species who makes a daily habit of harvesting and processing the milk from another species, and then consuming it long into adulthood.
    Yes, you think that. So what. You still have no evidence that it's bad.
  • _John_
    babies
    carnivores

Why is cows milk bad for humans?
    because he is morally opposed to it...
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    I'm extremely lactose intolerant, so, yes, dairy is bad for me. That said, I can eat hard cheeses without much issue and love me some extra sharp cheddar. Woe be unto those downwind if I "accidentally" eat soft cheeses. (It's never an accident :devil: )

I aww'd at the baby animal pictures... this thread needs more baby animals
  • _John_

I aww'd at the baby animal pictures... this thread needs more baby animals

/Insert Me, Myself, and Irene screenshot here/
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    babies
    carnivores

Sounds legit. :yawn:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    babies
    carnivores

Sounds legit. :yawn:

d'oh! when i first read that, i thought it said "moronically opposed to it". i really need to stop skimming these threads. :noway:

#readingcomprehensionfail
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    babies
    carnivores

AH! And here is the flaw in your logic. We are also the only animals to not only PLAN crops but to then harvest them. We are the only ones to cook. We also invent and improve. There are a LOT of things that humans do that our animal counterparts don't do or don't do as much of or to the same extent.. Like processing food. Baby food or juiced foods being one that we do for our young and continue to do into adulthood. It's what makes us different is finding the things that can benefit us and then using those items, ideas, innovations, and improvements to continue our species and allow it to THRIVE. And we have. And humans are NOT carnivores -- we are OMNIVORES. As another poster has explained. Several times. Who actually works in the field of human history and evolution and backs up ALL of the info with facts.