How much have you lost, and how long did it take?

Options

Replies

• nmcguier
    nmcguier Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    28 pounds in 79 days (a little less than 3 months). I'm 5'9" and have another 23 to go before I'm in my healthy weight range. Good luck!
  • melindareese
    melindareese Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I have lost 34 lbs in 4 1/2 mounths I have two more lbs to reach my goal.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    125lbs in 6 months, 22 days. Just over my halfway mark.
  • cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    As of this morning, I've lost exactly 40 pounds in 2 years. I took it very slow to make sure I could maintain the small victories. I did most of that weight loss before I was using MFP.

Some things I learned about myself along the way:
    I will always have to use a food tracker. i'm terrible at eyeballing portions and total daily food intake.
    I have to limit my carbs. Not Atkins-style, but not MFP ratio, either. I try to keep it under 150, which is very generous for low carb.
    I do my best at about 1500 calories a day, including exercise allowance. It's a level I can maintain pretty well.
    I need to exercise at least 30 minutes every day, even if all I do is walk the treadmill while I watch a move. Just do it every day.

Hope this helps you, OP!
  • jeschauvin
    Options
    15 in a little less than a year. This **** is hard.
  • Tabbitha1968
    Tabbitha1968 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    70 lbs 11.5 months (70 down 95 to go!)
  • CynGyn
    CynGyn Posts: 16
    Options
    Started Mar 24-14 down 9 lbs, 40 to go.
  • Noamsh
    Noamsh Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    40 in 8 months (158 to 118, my goal was 120).
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    22lbs. in 4 weeks, as of today. Almost half way to my first goal.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    54lbs in 12mos.
  • globalwanderer
    Options
    25lbs since January 8, 2014. Down to the last 10 to meet my personal goal. Exercise includes chasing after twin two year old girls for the better part of every day.
  • stewartslot
    stewartslot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have currently lost 70lb (5 Stone) I have been doing this for 11 weeks.
    I was 21 Stone 7 lb when I started and I would Ideally like to lose another 3.5 - 4 Stone.
    I started Jan 13th 2014 to Now! I havent been eating below 1300 calories a day, I Have introduced a lot of fitness activies including Cardio, Squash, Football (Soccer) and Weight training.

Good Luck :wink:
  • nihil_gnome
    Options
    I started 331 days ago, have lost about 50lbs. My "optimistic" goal was 40lbs, I'd have been happy with 30. I've approached it as a life-style change, not a diet, and am very happy with where I'm at... and really feel like I can maintain this moving forward.
  • cchew686
    cchew686 Posts: 108
    Options
    34.5 since early January, 20 since joining MFP. A long way yet to go, but the progress is definitely encouraging.
  • lecia125
    lecia125 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have lost 36 since mid December 2013. Mostly dietary changes and portion control.
  • cehiatt87
    cehiatt87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    March 30 2014 and almost five pounds :)
  • msmonique46
    msmonique46 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have lost 28 pounds since June 2013. Slow and steady. I've made a lifestyle change. So, it's not about a quick fix--mad exercise and diet to reach a goal,.only to gain it all back. I'm using portion control and cleaner eating with moderate exercise about 3 days a week for about 30 to 45 minutes. Working for me. Feeling my healthiest since before I had my 3 daughters, 22 years ago. At 47, that aint bad!!
  • msmonique46
    msmonique46 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    120 in 1 1/2 years. Currently trying to figure out how to maintain
    Congrats! That's massive!!! I hear you about the maintenance. Most people who've been at this for a while, know that it's the maintenance that's the hardest part of the journey. I think it's because we, mistakenly, see weight loss in terms of reaching a goal weight. That's the reason I call my desired weight my maintenance weight. It let's my mind understand that I have to work from now on to maintain the weight and healthy lifestyle. God bless your maintenance efforts.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    33lbs in 8 months. Best of luck, OP!
  • bgooch1977
    Options
    35 lbs lost since I decided to turn it around on 1/1/14. 220 - 185 this morning.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!