Pregnancy - December 2010

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Haven't been on here for a few days so I have missed a ton but have read and caught up. Congratulations on the boys!!! I really want a boy this time also. That would even the score with the kids, 2 girls and 2 boys. The boys would be on the ends and the oldest son will be 16 when this baby is born.

I have been having awful pressure and pulling way down low, like in the middle of my hip area. It was so bad last night I swear something was going to fall out of me. I called the nurse this morning and she told me that since it is baby #4 it is round ligament stretching and not to worry unless I start bleeding. If I am in severe pain though go to the hospital or urgent care if they are closed. Did any of you ladies have this at 6 weeks with your pregnancies?

That is round ligament spasm. Try not to change positions suddenly. If you have it again go on hands and knees w/ a pelvic tilt.

Thank you!!! I was hoping you would chime in. So this is normal even this early in the pregnancy? Because it really really hurts and so does my lower back. Okay, that was my whine for the night!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

Thank you!!! I was hoping you would chime in. So this is normal even this early in the pregnancy? Because it really really hurts and so does my lower back. Okay, that was my whine for the night!

It is normal unfortunately.
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm really down in the dumps today. I went to the Dr. and have gained 15 lbs already!! Im just starting my second trimester!! Its bad enough I was heavy when I got pregnant, but now I'm gaining so much I'm scared to see what I'm gonna look like in July when baby is due. Highest I EVER weighed was 245 and Im at 232 right now. I'm so dissapointed in myself. I guess the main reason was becase I am hungry more often, and I had a lot of food adversions in the begining. I used to eat salad daily, now I can't stand to look at it. I crave carbs more than anything, and let myself have them. I am eating some junk, but not tons. I havent tracked calories, but i guess I need to start again. I just feel so bad about myself and normally, I can go diet and work out like crazy to get back on the wagon..but I cant now..and I feel trapped a little. Don't get me wrong, having a baby is 100% worth it, and baby is #1 right now. But I can't fit into anything anymore!!! Any help out there or some guidance?

I think most women feel the same way, especially if you were heavier to begin with. I weighed in at 239 at my last appointment and have 16 weeks to go. I weighed 243 when I gave birth to my last son so I will definately weigh more this time around.I gained all of my weight this time in my 2nd trimester the whole 17.3 lbs. I have to tell myself to enjoy the pregnancy and worry about the weight later. If we dwell on it now it is just unnecessary stress, not good for the baby. Just try to be sensible and relax. I have been slacking in the calorie counting again but it will be easier in the next couple of weeks once the holidays are over. I think it is incredibly hard not to gain weight with all of the big meals and goodies around. We are just more aware of the gain while preggo because we have to face that scale every month.

Thanks!! It's comforting to know that I'm not all alone here!
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm really down in the dumps today. I went to the Dr. and have gained 15 lbs already!! Im just starting my second trimester!! Its bad enough I was heavy when I got pregnant, but now I'm gaining so much I'm scared to see what I'm gonna look like in July when baby is due. Highest I EVER weighed was 245 and Im at 232 right now. I'm so dissapointed in myself. I guess the main reason was becase I am hungry more often, and I had a lot of food adversions in the begining. I used to eat salad daily, now I can't stand to look at it. I crave carbs more than anything, and let myself have them. I am eating some junk, but not tons. I havent tracked calories, but i guess I need to start again. I just feel so bad about myself and normally, I can go diet and work out like crazy to get back on the wagon..but I cant now..and I feel trapped a little. Don't get me wrong, having a baby is 100% worth it, and baby is #1 right now. But I can't fit into anything anymore!!! Any help out there or some guidance?

I've been feeling like this a lot lately. The highest I have ever been was 196, and I am at 190 right now and just started my second tri. I've been trying to stay within my maintenance cals, I quit drinking pop and started drinking lots more water, and I've been trying to make the healthiest food choices possible. I'm not really a huge snacker to begin with, I don't eat a lot of sweets or anything like that, my biggest thing would probably be portions for my meals. So I've been paying extra special attention to that. I've also started doing my elliptical again, only for 30 mins a day, but it is better than nothing. I feel like I am trying, and that is what is important.

I feel hungry all the time too!! Gonna try harder to make the right choices. Trying to think ot if like...Would I feed my baby cookies? no! So no cookies lol. Thats not working so far though. Instead I turned it into " baby wants cookies! "
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    My head/chest cold whatever it is seems to not be getting better. So I wake up this morning and my cheeks have what looks like a red rash on them. It almost looks like when my son had 5th's disease. They are warm to the touch.

It would figure I would get sicker when around the holiday's when all the doctor's are closed. And those after hours clinics are run by nuts.

I feel so yucky. I hate it b/c my family is coming tonight for Christmas and I just want to enjoy myself.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    My head/chest cold whatever it is seems to not be getting better. So I wake up this morning and my cheeks have what looks like a red rash on them. It almost looks like when my son had 5th's disease. They are warm to the touch.

It would figure I would get sicker when around the holiday's when all the doctor's are closed. And those after hours clinics are run by nuts.

I feel so yucky. I hate it b/c my family is coming tonight for Christmas and I just want to enjoy myself.
    [/quote

I'll join you, I have a super sore throat, runny nose and chest congestion. I woke up 2 hours ago eventhough I have the day off and everyone in the house is still sleeping just because I couldn't breath. I hate being sick for the holidays. Especially when I am cooking and we are hosting Christmas for the families at our house.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

We have yuckies running through our house too. I don't have it badly thankfully. Try a nap this afternoon. I hope you feel better very, very soon.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Did The Shred, it wasn't as challenging today. That is it for me until Monday. I gained 4 pounds in 4 weeks.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Merry Christmas Eve everybody!!!

My pain is not there today and wasn't as bad last night so hopefully it is gone for awhile. Headed to my parents today, it isa long ways, 1 mile down the road and then tomorrow dh's side is coming for finger foods in the afternoon. Have a great day!
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say merry christmas everyone!
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone just a couple of weeks for me. Lots of walking this week for me to help with my progress.
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas!!!! My favorite day of the year!!:flowerforyou:

I am just getting off of working a grave, then headed for a 4 hour drive to see my hubbies family (hopefully I can sleep in the car) and then another hour drive to see my family, and have decided to have the worst nausea I've experienced so far in my pregnancy... OF COURSE!! On the day I dont' have time for it :grumble:
    Hope everyone elses day goes AWESOME!!!
  • ckmama
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone just a couple of weeks for me. Lots of walking this week for me to help with my progress.

Almost there. You might have a new year's baby!!

Merry Christmas everyone. Baby enjoyed lots and lots of food last night, I thought he was moving, but I think he was just growing:laugh:

Today I made my own Gumbo w/ Rice to bring for the in-laws dinner, so I could have control over the amount of food I eat and over the quality control. My in-laws think just because its a little cold outside they can store meats and food outside in the car, AGH:wink:
  • ckmama
    Options
    Where is the ticker for my food baby. I am now 2 days along and want to know how big it is:laugh:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone! I have been attempting to eat a little better, and believe it or not, baby seems to like better food, he moves more when I am eating well. go figure. We had a great Christmas everything has been great! Hope you have too!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone! We had fun telling relatives about the baby today. I got a perscription called in for my throwing up... so far not so good. Every night. Its ackward throwing up when you arn't at home :ohwell: I am kind of getting used to it. I know I just need to eat more during the day.

I am excited for those of you who are getting close! I go in for another ultrasound this wens. so I am excited about that!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone! Love the new pic ckmama, your bump is growing and growing. I need a new one for sure but can't seem to get myself to settle down long enough to take one with these crazy boys going nuts being locked up in the house. It is hard when the weather is bad and they can't play outside. Nobody can believe I still have over 3 months until baby's arrival, I am just too big and feel super preggo. Still not feeling well but had both families at our house today so I had to suck it up.
  • ckmama
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone! Love the new pic ckmama, your bump is growing and growing. I need a new one for sure but can't seem to get myself to settle down long enough to take one with these crazy boys going nuts being locked up in the house. It is hard when the weather is bad and they can't play outside. Nobody can believe I still have over 3 months until baby's arrival, I am just too big and feel super preggo. Still not feeling well but had both families at our house today so I had to suck it up.

My sister took that picture, I've been trying to do one around every 2-3 weeks. I can't tell my belly is getting bigger until I look in the pictures. It feels so big from the beginning. Now looking back at 19 weeks I see how much it has grown. I know 3 months is going to fly by. Christmas has come and gone so fast as it is.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    MerrY Christmas everyone a day late! :heart: