What's the worst thing you ever ate regularly pre-mfp?

Options

Replies

• DLo_122
    DLo_122 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Every morning I would have 2 philly soft pretzels, a minute maid orange juice and a tastycake (usually butterscotch krimpets). Ughhh - the carbs for my mornings alone were ridiculous!!! And then every night I would have at least 4-6 red solo cups of Turkey Hill iced tea. LOVED MY CARBS!! Haha

Turkey Hill iced tea? Where are you from?
  • Rskaer
    Rskaer Posts: 14
    Options
    every weekday morning on my way to work i would stop and get a king size reese cup, a quart of chocolate milk and a 44oz fountain cherry pepsi with extra cherry flavoring. By the time my 45 minute drive to work was done the reese cups and the chocolate milk were gone and the cherry pepsi was about half gone. And even the pepsi was gone by the time i had my first break. Sometimes on first break i would go down to the cafe and get an egg beater omelet with cheese, bacon and all the veggies!

This is the worst thing i ate REGULARLY but not nearly my biggest gorge!
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Pizza and soup

I still eat them and I'm almost at goal.

Moderation and exercise were the key!

Happy healthing!
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    I used to eat homemade fetuccini alfredo all the time. I don't even want to know the full calorie count. Suffice it to say, there's PLENTY of cream, butter and cheese involved.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Velveeta Rotel dip with tortilla chips... like an entire block's worth of it
    Full box of mac and cheese
    Lots of regular soda, I probably could've saved about 10lbs just by drinking diet

But mostly just excessive amounts of fast food. I still eat a lot of the same stuff, just in more reasonable amounts.
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    These "single serve" cake slices from my local grocery store. I would devour the whole thing in one sitting. But after some research I discovered that there were actually four servings in just one cake slice. So I was consuming ~1200 calories for what I thought was one slice of cake. I still buy them, but now cut up the slice and weigh each portion before eating.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Based on some of these responses, I've been eating a lot of "worst thing...ever" while I was losing weight...and even more often during maintenance. I guess it's all a matter of perspective and relativity, but...wow.
  • clsindc
    clsindc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hear, hear on the entire box of Velveeta mac and cheese. That was my go-to after a Friday night of drinking, which meant 8-10 pints (yes, over 2 GALLONS) of beer. Then hungover Saturday would call for 2 entrees and an order of spring rolls from my favorite Thai restaurant, grazed on over the course of the day, with snacks thrown in. Sunday morning I would run 8 miles, then reward myself with California Tortilla nachos for lunch.

I still have beer, mac and cheese, Thai, and nachos. Just less of them.
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Colonel Angus supreme ;- )
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I don't think any of it is really THAT bad. But the frequency, yeah, that's what makes it "bad".

The biggest thing for me was probably cheesy/creamy sauces on stuff, like pasta. Especially at restaurants. But at home, too.
    Also, Starbucks drinks ALL THE TIME. Lattes, mochas, frappucinos...as a little pick me up snack, randomly during the work week, without realizing that many of them were 400+ calories (what I now eat for lunch).

For awhile, maybe like 8 years ago, I was on a fast food breakfast kick. Almost every day I'd leave the house early and get something on the way to work. I thought nothing of eating - DAILY - a Sonic toaster sandwich with small tots and a small sunrise smoothie. By getting the smalls, that's good, right? ;-) That breakfast comes to 820 calories...44 grams of fat...sodium over 2,000 and almost 50 g of sugar
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I baked goodies alot. And they never lasted. Banana bread/muffins with giant blobs of melted butter..atleast 3 at a time! Cookies would burn my mouth because I couldnt wait for them to cool down.

I still have major cravings for all things baked but since starting MFP I think twice before eating it. Also I try to make the lower fat lower sugar recipes...which are ok I suppose hahah.

Seriously want to make a pie now and DESTROY IT!!!!! HAHAHA

oh yes. Cookies, pastries, scones, pies, cakes, brownies, etc. Growing up, my mom always made stuff like that 2-3 nights a week for dessert and as an adult I kept up that habit. I thought it was normal. And I guess for some people, it can be. But my days of baking so frequently are long over!!
  • dmarsh1018
    dmarsh1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Every Monday for dinner: 12-15 fried Pork dumplings and a can of Coke. That's upwards of 1000 calories in one meal lol. I couldn't even fit them all in without feeling horribly full, but I ate every single one every time.
    One Monday I had a 1200 calorie lunch earlier, and I used to eat that about once a week as well (1/4 chicken, chips, deep fried pineapple rings, and 600ml coke)

Fried pineapple rings? How have I never heard of such a thing?! Totally need to try them now...
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I would easily put away a third or a half of a half gallon of ice cream, just eating out of the container in front of the TV. Then go on to snack on cookies, chocolate and whatever other sweets we had in the house. That had to be at least 1300+ cals, and that was just dessert!!
  • kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    The majority of a 500g block of cheese... on lots and lots of bread. I could never leave food unfinished. Tubs of ice cream, chips etc. But mainly just massive portions of normal food. Plates upon plates of rice and curry. Comfort eating, all part of the cycle of distraction. Fascinating thread, by the way, thanks for starting it!

When I started having meals at set times, I started binging to about the same amount during those meals too. One thing that helped was to stoically log the calories in to MFP, seeing how much the casual mouthfuls were adding up to.
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    A burger-dog

A grilled zweigel's hotdog, wrapped in 80/20 burger, wrapped in a slice of bacon and deep fried served on a hard roll with cheddar cheese and mayo. Not even gonna try and calculate that.

ETA: ....and onion rings
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    A burger-dog

A grilled zweigel's hotdog, wrapped in 80/20 burger, wrapped in a slice of bacon and deep fried served on a hard roll with cheddar cheese and mayo. Not even gonna try and calculate that.

ZOMG!!! BURGER DOG.... GET IN MY BELLY NOW!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Entire tubes of Pringles. I justified it by eating the Fat Free which are pretty much a chemical crap storm.
    Meat Sticks - (Slim Jims, etc.) the kind you buy in convenience stores that are essentially sodium held together in stick form by mounds of fat and chicken butts. Yummm!
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Turkey Hill Iced Tea.

I still drink it, but now I know for a fact that it's really calorie dense.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    A burger-dog

Good Lord! Thank goodness they don't have those here.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say pre-MFP, because occasionally I will indulge now, but Nachos Bell Grande at Taco Bell. All the calories, all the sodium and all the glorious fake cheese. YUM.

Or a Doggoner from a local burger joint - a cheeseburger with a hot dog sliced and put on top of the burger. Oh so yummy and still something I just have to have every once in a while.