Couch to 5K (C25K) Starting today. Anyone interested?

Options

Replies

• NMay50
    NMay50 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'd like to join this group if Im not too late. I've been doing Couch25k and am on week 4 day 2 using podrunner first day to 5k. I would love to give and get support on this journey, as well as accountability. Week 4 day 1 was tough for me. I ran most of the running intervals.

Nancy
  • I'm on my second week, and I love it! This program has really been motivating me, and I can actually tell I'm working up endurance! 5k by March! :)
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 5 Day 2 today. I did the run outside today while pushing my toddler boys in the stroller. I dont know what I was thinking. It was ok but I know I would have felt better if I wasnt pushing the stroller. I'll be completing a 5k around my neighborhood on Christmas morning so that will be my Week 5 Day 3.
    Well, just finished W7D1 and it went really well. I`m now running for 25 minutes straight and feeling like I can do more if I wanted to. Very pleased
    Great Job!
    Just finished Week 5 Day 1 - still struggling to enjoy the first interval but once I am going im fine. I prefer the running to the walking intervals now as I cool down so quick when I walk and it's cold out.

So my next run is xmas eve - hoping I can fit it in with my travels. Have to say the 20 min run at the end of this week seems like a mountain to climb...
    You've been doing a great job! Good luck on your run tomorrow!
    I did W5D2 yesterday, the first 8 min run was easy but the second was a little more challenging but i still did it and felt fantastic afterward and felt as if i could run even more. The 20 min run is tomorrow and I'm still nervous about it but I know that if it gets really difficult whilst I'm doing it all i have to do is turn down the speed a little and just keep going no matter what :)
    Good Job Laura!
    Hi Everyone, I'd like to join this group if Im not too late. I've been doing Couch25k and am on week 4 day 2 using podrunner first day to 5k. I would love to give and get support on this journey, as well as accountability. Week 4 day 1 was tough for me. I ran most of the running intervals.
    Welcome Nancy! You're not too late. We're all just going at our own pace; some ppl are on Week 5 and others are on Week 7. I hope Week 4 Day 2 was a easier for u.
    I'm on my second week, and I love it! This program has really been motivating me, and I can actually tell I'm working up endurance! 5k by March! :)
    GREAT JOB! Im attempting an unofficial 5k on Saturday. There is a MFP thread for ppl who are interested in walking/jogging a 5k on Christmas morning. After you complete the 5k, wherever you choose, you just post it on the thread. I would like to sign up for an official 5k race but its kinda intimidating.
  • laurzishot
    Options
    W5D3 Completed! The 20 min run wasn't anywhere near as bad as i thought it would be! Of course there were some parts that were a bit difficult but i kept going and didn't even have to turn down my speed. Can't wait for next weeks runs :happy:

Welcome newcomers!

I just wanna say that i hope you all have a truly amazing Christmas and enjoy yourselves because you all deserve it after all the hard work you've been putting in :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • wendyco
    wendyco Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    HEY!! are there any runners starting come february??! Im currently on vacation and planning my move to washington SO I need new workout buddies (hint hint if anyone is around the redmond/seattle area n wants a running buddy to start/redo the workout ..) If this thread keeps ups would love to help/be helped keep motivated! =) ....if anything message me =)

GREAT JOB EVERYONE....saw ppl in W7 already jeezzzz =\ lol gettin worried
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    W5D3 Completed! The 20 min run wasn't anywhere near as bad as i thought it would be! Of course there were some parts that were a bit difficult but i kept going and didn't even have to turn down my speed. Can't wait for next weeks runs :happy:

Welcome newcomers!

I just wanna say that i hope you all have a truly amazing Christmas and enjoy yourselves because you all deserve it after all the hard work you've been putting in :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Well done one your 20 min run that's excellent!!! It really motivates me for Sunday when i have mine to do. I completed Week 5 Day 2 today and the 8 min runs were fine, i am running up and down mountain trails here for the next week so it's very different from running on the flat that im used to but it went fine and I really feel so fit running through the snow capped mountains.

Well done to everyone you are all doing so great and are motivating me.

Merry Christmas x
  • loveme445
    Options
    Completed Week 5 Day 3 today....I did a 5k around my neighborhood. I did my 5 min warm up and was able to run the rest of the time. Now that I need to work on my time.

Have a Very Merry Christmas!
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    Just finished Week 5 Day 3. My 20 min run was fine, it was still a bit difficult in the first 5 mins trying to get going but once i was on the move it was fine. Not half as bad as i'd feared.

The last 3 mins of my run ended going up a steep hill so i was glad when it finished, but once the holidays are over and im back in the city running on the flat i think it would be a lot easier.

Well done to everyone you are doing great. I have one week until my 3k run and im confident it will be manageable now. Anyone know what week 6 is like?
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 5 Day 3. My 20 min run was fine, it was still a bit difficult in the first 5 mins trying to get going but once i was on the move it was fine. Not half as bad as i'd feared.

The last 3 mins of my run ended going up a steep hill so i was glad when it finished, but once the holidays are over and im back in the city running on the flat i think it would be a lot easier.

Well done to everyone you are doing great. I have one week until my 3k run and im confident it will be manageable now. Anyone know what week 6 is like?

Well done on finishing W5 :smile: That 20 minute run was easily the one I was most worried about. I don't think you`ll have too may problems with week 6 now.

Well done everyone and I hope you all had a good Christmas and hi to those that have just joined us :bigsmile:
  • Fliegenschwein
    Options

Welcome newcomers!

Completed Week 5 Day 3 today....I did a 5k around my neighborhood. I did my 5 min warm up and was able to run the rest of the time. Now that I need to work on my time.

Have a Very Merry Christmas!

Well done on finishing W5 :drinker:
  • NMay50
    NMay50 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Today I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by the thought of completing week 4 day 2. I will do it, and check in when I'm done. :ohwell:
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    I'm a little jealous to see how far along y'all are since we started at the same time :( stupid ankle sprain.

butttttt i finished my week 1 (again) and start week 2 tonight.
    looking forward to it!
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    I'm a little jealous to see how far along y'all are since we started at the same time :( stupid ankle sprain.

butttttt i finished my week 1 (again) and start week 2 tonight.
    looking forward to it!

Don't worry you will soon catch up :)

I can't believe how quickly the weeks have passed. You are right to rest your ankle though. I have given myself an extra rest were needed as I didn't want to pick up an injury. It's easily done.

Good luck with your next run.
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    Thank you for your supportive comments - week 6 starts tomorrow :)
  • loveme445
    Options
    Completed Week 6 Day 1 today
  • Fliegenschwein
    Options
    Week 7 completed this morning :bigsmile:

I`ve posted this video several times on MFP, but I thought I`d post it here too as its incredibly inspiring for me and has really given me the incentive to get through this. It just shows what can be done if you put your mind to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbXgQqbOoU&feature=player_embedded#!
  • rubysparkle
    Options

I`ve posted this video several times on MFP, but I thought I`d post it here too as its incredibly inspiring for me and has really given me the incentive to get through this. It just shows what can be done if you put your mind to it.

Week 6 Day 1 done.

I agree this video has also inspired me hugely and I play it regularly especially when i need motivation to get out and run when it's cold.
  • Yesterday was week 3 day 1 for me! I made it through, but the second 400-yard jog, I had to stop and get a drink. But I got right back in there! It's so exciting to think that in another 3 weeks, I should be able to jog 2 miles! :)
  • laurzishot
    Options
    Hey everyone, hope you all had a great Christmas!! Did W6D1 on Monday and didn't have any troubles, doing W6D2 later on today and figure that since I did the 20 min run at the end of last week these two 10 min runs should be easy as! Not that worried about that 25 min run at the end of this week, it's only a little bit bigger than the 20 min run and i'm actually looking forward to it :happy:
  • laurzishot
    Options

Great work!! And wow that video it's truly amazing, he is most definitely an inspiration to all:smile: