Would you date someone overweight?

Options

Replies

• bludflower
    Options
    Hmm, this is a really loaded question. Anyone who says no, for whatever reason will no doubt be ridiculed for being "shallow", but really anyone faced with the choice of dating a great person with a hot body and an equally great person with a not-so-hot body would most likely choose the hot person. Human nature. We're literally wired to choose a healthy-looking mate. But anything can happen. I once thought I'd never date a bald guy (wasn't attracted to bald guys), and now I'm married to one, so things could change if someone's awesome enough.

Me? Yes, I'd date an overweight person, but it depends on how overweight. I have a hard time seeing past morbid obesity, but I'd still give the guy a shot, as long as he was at least cool/funny.
  • R_Woodruff
    R_Woodruff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Why would someone post this question on a site full of overweight and awesomely fit people and expect the answers to be exactly what they want? I'm overweight and very active and I'm trying to be the healthiest me i can be. Even when I get down to my goal weight the men I'm going to be attracted to are going to be "husky" "never miss a meal" "meat and potatos" country boys. The fact that I've never been attracted to skinny or overly muscle-y guys is not my fault so you shouldn't put down people who are only attracted to body builders or stick thin women who can't gain any wait.
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Why is this even being discussed :noway: :angry:
  • SalemBoSox88
    Options
    Hell Yeah!!
  • ATGsquats
    ATGsquats Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    NOPE!
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    +1
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Would I date somebody obese? No, and that's because of an obvious incompatibility in lifestyle, not appearance. I've been there before and ended up fat and miserable for it. Oh, and in before "well my friend is 4ft 10, 350, can run marathons in less than an hour and can press a Hummer, so you ARE shallow!" Obvious shame-trolls are obvious.

But, the term 'overweight' is VERY vague and people can still look sexy as hell with a few extra pounds and I'd be a liar if I said I didn't like the extra boobs and bum!

My taste in women is extremely random, I either like a woman or I don't. I've NEVER been with somebody just because I thought that they were 'hot.'
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    nvm
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, I'd prefer the person I am with to be fit and healthy, but I have been attracted those who were considered overweight. Yes, you must be attracted to the person you are with - personality is huge for me, but whether it's the crinkle next to the eye, gleaming smile, or sarcasm - doesn't matter, as long as the attraction and chemistry is there.

Same..Overweight or not, I don't really bother much. I had been obese before.

The most important thing for me is his true self,being with me. Attractive personality, great sense of humour, thoughful and smart :smile:
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Ya, sure. as long as they are tryin to life a healthy lifestyle and value living healthy.

looks are notoriously overrated imho when it comes to long term relationships
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Defo- I am not shallow!
  • J3nnyBeanz
    J3nnyBeanz Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    No.... I lead a active lifestyle and we probably wouldn't have anything in common

I didn't know people really used the phrase 'active lifestyle' outside of hair replacement commercials.

Lmao
  • Panaru
    Panaru Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is a bit of a loaded question.. I think "most" and I'm using that word lightly here.. Would date ANYONE they were attracted to despite their body type. This is not to say that some people don't only find thinner or more fit people attractive but that I'd be willing to bet they would still do so if they had feeling for the larger person.

But if you are asking people if they "like" the way a larger person looks and feel attracted to them on the reg then yes, lots and lots and troves of people out there do! lol

Now as for myself, I am mostly attracted to men with a bit of a belly on them and women that are thinner and more manly..
    My life partner however ended up being someone I did not find attractive AT ALL when we met.. But after knowing them a while I feel in love with them anyway. After I fell in love with them I found their body to be beautiful just the way it was.

Anyway, TL;DR - Yes, but I don't find them necessarily more attractive than thinner people.
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Yes I have multiple times and am actually going to marry a man with a little extra pounds on him in November. Besides I do not like the term overweight, I am considered overweight by doctors.
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    Someone overweight has as much chance of getting a set of dates out of me as someone who is exceptionally fit. Fact of the matter is I don't date. Ever. I hate dating. Friends or gtfo
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Because #feelz... and #stuff...
    No idea lol.
  • fourze
    fourze Posts: 5
    Options
    Would I date someone overweight? I don't even consider that when I am looking to date. This guy is all about the personality and feeling, not the looks....looks are nice but they change with time its more important someone be happy
  • arscott94
    arscott94 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Overweight, yes. Obese, much less likely...For example, would I date a guy 50 lbs. overweight? Sure.
    Would I date a man who is 400 lbs.? No.
  • arscott94
    arscott94 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It is humanly impossible to run a marathon in less than an hour, for whoever posted that.
  • lemonsnlove
    lemonsnlove Posts: 200
    Options
    Depends on the person....