EA Sports Active 2 - 9 week Challenge

Options
I just finished my first workout and so far so good!
I have a Polar HRM and have to say it was pretty close to the EA HRM.

Anyone else doing this right now? I haven't actually started the 9 week challenge...well really today was a rest day but I had to try it out. Tomorrow will officially be day 1 and I will weigh in just to compare my results in 9 weeks.

If you have this and are up for the 9 week challenge please join me here. I need this thread to keep me motivated and working hard!

:flowerforyou:

Ooops forgot my info:

Time: 0:16:50

Calories Burned: 71.2
Avg. HR - 111
Workout 100%

Polar HRM says
Time: 27 mins
Calories Burned: 74 burned

Replies

• Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Could you give me more info? I need something like this! :)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 tonight :))
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Scunnered74: http://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-active-2

MissAnjy: Yay! If you are up for it post your stats and we can keep eachother motivated :smile:
  • MissAnjy
    Options
    yeah no problem!! I did another exercise after this one and found that there was a huge difference between my polar HRM & the EA HRM so just a litttle advice, always wear your polar HRM just incase!!! I did a upper body workout the EA said time: 22 minutes @ 114 calories burned meanwhile my polar HRM said 31 minutes @ 310 calories burned.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Will go there now...
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I am seriously thinking of buying this so I want to join in as a spy! I will enjoy seeing the results that others are having to see if it is worth the money.

D
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    yeah no problem!! I did another exercise after this one and found that there was a huge difference between my polar HRM & the EA HRM so just a litttle advice, always wear your polar HRM just incase!!! I did a upper body workout the EA said time: 22 minutes @ 114 calories burned meanwhile my polar HRM said 31 minutes @ 310 calories burned.

Ya I generally always record and go with my Polar. I generally jog in place while the next exercise loads or if it is something I hate will skip the exercise and run instead...lol. I was shocked though at how similar it was for my first workout because I read there was a huge difference between the 2.
  • tymomrn
    Options
    I just started that, too! Just did my second day today. It wasn't a scheduled day, so I did the 45 minute cardio blast. 330 calories. I started with the 3 week cardio start, though. I'll do the 9 week challenge next.
  • MissAnjy
    Options
    I just did workout number 2. EA says 24 minutes @ 150 calories
    HRM says 35 minutes @ 323
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I am in! Just bought it last night and did my first work out today.
    Workout # 1:
    27 minutes
    240 cals
  • MilfShakeIt
    MilfShakeIt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have this and I'm going to do my very first time tomorrow. I'm joining and I'm very excited to have some help and motivation!
  • Sbozek123
    Sbozek123 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm in - today will be day 3 on the 3 week cardio kickstart - wanted to do the 3 week program before jumping into the 9 week one - give me a little build up since I've been super lazy the past 2 months! I have a Polar HRM too, just need to remember where I put the band in November! Grrrr - shouldn't have gotten lazy, but on the bright side I haven't gained back weight!
  • MrMeefee
    Options
    I bought this the week that it came out in the UK so I am currently on Workout 16 of the 9 Week Challenge, set to Hard. I must admit, with the Christmas week, today's workout was scheduled for last Monday so I have to do three workouts over the weekend to "catch up".

I also bought some Reebok resistance bands to use with the programme as the one supplied with it seems of very low resistance.

I'm loving it at the moment and have burned over 9000 calories so far according to the game!

Here's my info for today:

Time: 0:40:01

Calories Burned: 267.8
    Avg. HR - 102
    Max. HR 152
    Workout 100%
  • Qpeace
    Qpeace Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I just purchased it this week and did my first workout yesterday. Can really feel muscles today.

Looking forward to continuing!

QPeace
  • MilfShakeIt
    Options
    I started the 9 week program today! Just got out of the shower and I feel great. A little shaky, but otherwise great!

Stats:

Time: 25 min
    HR: 158
    Cal Burned: 190
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Did work outs 2 and 3 today! Did the first one and misread something that said that I just completed my first work out! So I signed up for a second.... Crazy!
    55 minutes
    480 cals burned
    100%

Tomorrow is a rest day! But am going for a 5 km walk!
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    Count me in! I actually just ordered this a few days ago and it's currently being mailed to me! So I will receive it early this week and start posting my stats then! Great idea! Wish I could start tonight!
  • MrMeefee
    Options
    Here's my info for today:

Workout 17

Time: 0:39:10

Calories Burned: 297.3
    Avg. HR - 102
    Max. HR 149
    Workout 100%
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Wow bigger group then the regular EA Sports!

I was super sick yesterday so I actually missed day 1 of the 9 week challenge..lol.
    Felt better today so I restarted since technically I didn't actually "start".

So Jan 01 '11
    1st day of a new year and I started it at 144.4lbs .. not great but anything is better then my old self
    1st day of my 9 week challenge

My HRM actually stopped detecting my HR somewhere in my "basketball-running" exercise so I jogged/ran in between a little harder since I don't like being behind on the EA Calorie count. Oddly my HRM and EA are still pretty close.

Day 1

Time- 0:25:48
    Cal. Burned 144.1
    Avg HR - 126
    Max HR - 170
    Completed 100%

HRM says 40 mintues and 160 calories burned.

May I also say that I HATE planks. Can real live people actually do these?

I would also like to know how you all burn SO many calories!? What settings are you all using? Are you going my EA's HRM or your own. I seriously ran my heart out between exercises and I don't touch the calories burned you all did!
  • MilfShakeIt
    Options
    Wow bigger group then the regular EA Sports!

I was super sick yesterday so I actually missed day 1 of the 9 week challenge..lol.
    Felt better today so I restarted since technically I didn't actually "start".

So Jan 01 '11
    1st day of a new year and I started it at 144.4lbs .. not great but anything is better then my old self
    1st day of my 9 week challenge

My HRM actually stopped detecting my HR somewhere in my "basketball-running" exercise so I jogged/ran in between a little harder since I don't like being behind on the EA Calorie count. Oddly my HRM and EA are still pretty close.

Day 1

Time- 0:25:48
    Cal. Burned 144.1
    Avg HR - 126
    Max HR - 170
    Completed 100%

HRM says 40 mintues and 160 calories burned.

May I also say that I HATE planks. Can real live people actually do these?

I would also like to know how you all burn SO many calories!? What settings are you all using? Are you going my EA's HRM or your own. I seriously ran my heart out between exercises and I don't touch the calories burned you all did!

Well for me, I set it for the medium level of working out. I need to lose 60lbs so I need some serious fat burning. I stayed pretty much in the fat burning zone the whole time.