The Five Foods That Lead To Belly Fat

Options

Replies

• EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    The only possible good that can come of this thread is gifs. Without those, it's a sad mockery of the joy that Friday can bring.

You sir, are reprehensible.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    ImpliedFacepalm.jpg
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options

4. Alcohol: Beer, Wine, Champagne, Rum, Whiskey, Well, anything that contains alcohol.

lily.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    101035-zooey-deschanel-eye-roll-gif-N-f5Sv.gif

Ridiculous post is ridiculous.

OP - Please stop. For the love of all that is holy, please stop with your misinformation.

tumblr_me55jwCb561r0ftodo1_250.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Frank-Underwood-Eye-roll-GIF.gif

Even Kevin Spacey disapproves of your post.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    7d296a0e3108697645b2021ae4aec5ef.jpg
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    OP - I have a question about Herbalife.

While standing in line at Starbucks, a guy interrupted my conversation with the barista to tell me that Herbalife sells a hot tea that helps with WL. He said that just by drinking it, I can burn 100 calories because it raises my core temp which in turn burns more calories.

Is there anything in this tea to assist with the burning of calories?

I didn't have time to ask the stranger at the coffee counter but thought you might be able to answer my question. Thank you!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Frank-Underwood-Eye-roll-GIF.gif

Even Frank Underwood disapproves of your post.

FTFY
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

While standing in line at Starbucks, a guy interrupted my conversation with the barista to tell me that Herbalife sells a hot tea that helps with WL. He said that just by drinking it, I can burn 100 calories because it raises my core temp which in turn burns more calories.

I didn't have time to ask the stranger at the coffee counter but thought you might be able to answer my question. Thank you!

Short answer: no.

Long answer: the tea may have caffeine, which has extremely mild thermogenic properties. So mild that it won't impact weight loss in anything remotely similar to a significant way. Any effect would be dwarfed by noise in measurement error etc.

I'd suggest not listening to any answer the OP gives (not that he ever responds to posts apparently) because he has a clear demonstrated history of saying things that are total BS and have absolutely no basis in reality.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    The Five Food Groups that lead to belly fat are the following:

1. Meats with lots of fat: Red meats, Pork, Sausage, Lamb.

Reason: Red meats, pork, sausage, and lamb are hard enough to digest, and because these are not lean meats, any fat that you consume from these meats will turn into fat quickly because your body cant burn it fast enough to avoid it turning into fat.

Alternatives: Lean meats such as chicken, turkey, and fish.

2. Foods and drinks containing high amounts of sugar: Donuts, Ice Cream, Candy, Cookies, Cakes, Soda, Juices (Minute Maid, Tropicana, Kool-Aid, Any Fruit Punch), Iced Tea, Coffee or Iced Coffee, Latte, Mocha, Starbucks beverages. Any beverage from Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme.

Reason: The reason that sugar is so fatty is due to the fact that the calories in sugar are the first to be stored as fat deposits around the body when they are consumed. These substances not only cause your immune system to break down, but they will actually be the main things that will cause you to gain weight and gain belly fat.

Alternatives: Fruits, Raw Vegetables, Peanut Butter, Meal Replacement Shakes, Protein Shakes, Protein Bars, Nuts, WATER, Herbal Tea.

3. White or Processed Foods: Flour-Based Foods (Flour Tortillas, Cookie Dough, Cake Mix, White Bread, Croissants, Dinner Rolls, Cinnamon Buns, Basically anything that can be baked that contains flour), Processed Pastas (Hamburger Helper, for example), Chef Boyardee Products, Campbell's Noodle Soups (yeah that's crap, too), Instant Oatmeal, TV Dinners, Top Ramen, Cup O' Noodles, Anything you can pop in a microwave and call "dinner," Potatoes, White Rice.

Reason: Any white flour, white rice, and white foods are usually refined to make the color more attractive, but the refining process removes all of the nutrients from the foods and leaves them with little to offer your body aside from empty calories. Those calories cannot be processed easily by the body, and thus they are turned to fat the minute you consume them.

Alternatives: Whole Grain Foods, Oatmeal, Wheat or Whole Grain Pasta, Corn-Based Foods (Corn Tortillas), Homemade Soup, Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice.

4. Alcohol: Beer, Wine, Champagne, Rum, Whiskey, Well, anything that contains alcohol.

Reason: Wine, brandy, rum, and mixed drinks all contain high amounts of sugar as well, and, as mentioned above, sugar is the first thing to be converted by the body into fat. While a glass of wine every day is good for the heath of your cardiovascular system, drinking more alcohol is actually contributing to the deterioration of your body due to the fact that the muscle tissue is broken down by alcohol. You will end up losing muscle and gaining fat from drinking alcohol, so drink as little as possible.

Alternatives: Water, Herbal Tea.

5. Fried Foods: Deep Fried Chicken, Fried Pork Chops, Fried Potatoes or French Fries, Potato Chips (possibly the worst fried food you can eat).

Reason: Potato chips are the worst of the fried foods, as they are usually deep fried and rolled in MSG and other artificial flavorings as well. This doubles the damage to your body, as the artificial substances fill your body with toxins while the oil in the potato chips add fat to your body. It is best to avoid fried foods as much as possible, as they usually contain massive amounts of calories that your body is completely unable to process. Fried foods in general will not only will add to your belly fat, but these foods will also increase your risk of heart problems by blocking your blood vessels and impeding your body’s blood flow.

Alternatives: Pita Chips and Hummus, Other Cooked Chicken (Grilled, Roasted, Baked, Steamed, Sautéed), Sweet Potatoes, Corn Tortillas (yes, it's a lot healthier than potato chips).

Positive responses, please.

Thanks for posting this. You are right on the mark.

^^ This
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • MityMax96
    Options

It was me! Lots of solid no bullsh*t advice. I also don't sell anything and I know that the OP of this thread is really making it harder than it has to be.

My thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

Yep, I agree with your thread and getting abs. :wink:
    Bout the way it works.....no shortcuts, that is for sure.

Thank you! I get a lot of comments about how people should do more cardio than I suggest. They can if they want, but they don't have to.

My cardio is 1...maybe 2 days.
    45 min max....
    Consisting of stairmaster 20 - 25 min, and/or elliptical 20 min.

I do 1 or two days, 30 minutes max. I hate stairmaster and elliptical, so I usually do interval runs based on perceived effort.

I push it hard enough on lifting days that I sweat a lot.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Agreed.

I hate stairmaster too.....but damn It will take it out of you.
    And my legs need all the help they can get at this point.
  • shanellev
    shanellev Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i liked this post :) thank you
  • negator5543
    negator5543 Posts: 36
    Options
    Save your money.

You can burn about 100 calories completely free of charge just by having an orgasm...and that's not even including how many calories you would burn just to get to that point.

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Save your money.

You can burn about 100 calories completely free of charge just by having an orgasm...and that's not even including how many calories you would burn just to get to that point.

I've found my new weight loss strategy:love::)
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    There is so much incorrect information in this OP. I would like to believe the OP is merely misinformed, but given his posting history and profile, it seems more likely he is being deliberately false to lure in unsuspecting Herbalife clients. Please people, don't fall for this.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Save your money.

need help with that?
  • negator5543
    negator5543 Posts: 36
    Options
    You'll have to pay into my HornyLife™ Down line and recruit 62 friends and family members before you're authorized to use our technology to help others.

Save your money.

need help with that?
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Save your money.

A tea that has the ability to raise your core temperature enough burn 100 calories would be worthy of a NIH grant for further study, thus eliminating the need to sell it through MLM.
  • mlyn0812
    mlyn0812 Posts: 31
    Options
    Eating more than you burn causes you to gain weight and genetics determines where the fat is stored on your body.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    You'll have to pay into my HornyLife™ Down line and recruit 62 friends and family members before you're authorized to use our technology to help others.

Save your money.

need help with that?

62 friends works for me.
    TIme to go find some friends....preferably the female kind