The Five Foods That Lead To Belly Fat

15678911»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Seriously ppl. so much negativity

Actually, the OP was being negative with his bro-science. Everyone else is being quite positive in letting him, and the readers, know the truth. Truth is positive. Lies are negative.
  • crohnsfighter
    crohnsfighter Posts: 689 Member
    The Five Food Groups that lead to belly fat are the following:

1. Meats with lots of fat: Red meats, Pork, Sausage, Lamb.

Reason: Red meats, pork, sausage, and lamb are hard enough to digest, and because these are not lean meats, any fat that you consume from these meats will turn into fat quickly because your body cant burn it fast enough to avoid it turning into fat.

Alternatives: Lean meats such as chicken, turkey, and fish.

I eat red meats because they taste delicious. The fact that I consume red meat does not conclusively "lead to" belly fat. Therefore, I will continue to eat red meat.

Eating_at_my_vegetarian_friends_home.jpg
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Save your money.

You can burn about 100 calories completely free of charge just by having an orgasm...and that's not even including how many calories you would burn just to get to that point.

I've found my new weight loss strategy:love::)

Unless the partner does a slapdash job!
  • negator5543
    negator5543 Posts: 36
    Well as with any excercise plan your body will eventually get used to performing this workout and you'll need to change things up to keep your muscles confused...

Also the effects of this regimen are only successful so long as you're not just pretending to finish the work out.
    Save your money.

You can burn about 100 calories completely free of charge just by having an orgasm...and that's not even including how many calories you would burn just to get to that point.
    OP - I have a question about Herbalife.

While standing in line at Starbucks, a guy interrupted my conversation with the barista to tell me that Herbalife sells a hot tea that helps with WL. He said that just by drinking it, I can burn 100 calories because it raises my core temp which in turn burns more calories.

Is there anything in this tea to assist with the burning of calories?

I didn't have time to ask the stranger at the coffee counter but thought you might be able to answer my question. Thank you!

Oh man, I haven't been adding these to my daily calorie count! Or will my body just get used to them after a while? SO many questions! (of course, I mean the orgasms, not the Herbalife junk haha).
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    For anybody who was wondering:

OP appears to be in the ACE database (http://www.acefitness.org/acefit/trainer_profile.aspx?acecp=dz3y7xy) but also appears to be in his first year of working in the industry. According to this blog post I found by the OP (http://mcarter13.wordpress.com/2013/07/22/carters-creation-fitness/), he claims that he is "going to get [his] personal training business off the ground," and that post was made on July 22 of 2013. Also according to that same blog, OP has been a Herbalife "health coach" since November 2013.

I fully understand just getting started into something new, but it doesn't seem like OP has a lot of experience to back this up. OP, I'm sure you mean well and I respect that, but I don't think it's the right time in your career to be spreading advice like this.

I doubt he'll read this. He doesn't post in the same thread twice.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Fat accumulation occurs from exceeding your energy needs over time.

It is not caused from eating specific foods.
    ^ This.

Really.

That is all.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member

OP appears to be in the ACE database (http://www.acefitness.org/acefit/trainer_profile.aspx?acecp=dz3y7xy) but also appears to be in his first year of working in the industry. According to this blog post I found by the OP (http://mcarter13.wordpress.com/2013/07/22/carters-creation-fitness/), he claims that he is "going to get [his] personal training business off the ground," and that post was made on July 22 of 2013. Also according to that same blog, OP has been a Herbalife "health coach" since November 2013.

I fully understand just getting started into something new, but it doesn't seem like OP has a lot of experience to back this up. OP, I'm sure you mean well and I respect that, but I don't think it's the right time in your career to be spreading advice like this.

Which is insincere because IF his sole purpose is to "really help" people, he would come back and PROVE why what he stated should be followed and back it with evidence (not testimonials). But smart people see through the game here. He's just in it to get people to buy his wares.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • gclauson
    gclauson Posts: 26 Member
    Gee, you ask for positive responses only, why? Stop with this crap...
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,789 Member
    Posted this as a topic but it applies in this thread........

"Alan Agaron posted this on his Facebook page today.

"I regularly get questions about this or that MLM product, whether it be Advocare, Herbalife, Visalus, Isagenix, or Whateverthehell.

I am yet to come across a health/nutrition-related MLM company that doesn't economize production costs with sub-par nutritional formulations, especially the protein-containing products (for example, MLMs love to use soy as the first ingredient)

. Adding insult to injury, these protein-based products cost at least double that of the leading non-MLM brands that actually use higher-quality protein formulations.

To top it all off, these mediocre MLM products are hyped as the best things on the market, and of course they rely on the emotional triggers of zealous testimonials rather than the weight of the scientific evidence. So yeah, my opinion of MLM-based nutritional products is LOL (yes, let the hurt flow through your butt over that)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

Which is insincere because IF his sole purpose is to "really help" people, he would come back and PROVE why what he stated should be followed and back it with evidence (not testimonials). But smart people see through the game here. He's just in it to get people to buy his wares.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Agreed-- scooping up newbies so he can convince them to buy Herbalife. smh
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Save your money.

I've found my new weight loss strategy:love::)

need help with that?

Is that a general offer??? :)
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Every time someone posts broscience, Jesus kills a kitten....STOP THE SLAUGHTERRR! *cries dramatically*
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member

^^^This is why I asked the question about the stupid hot tea burning calories. Someone did approach me about using the tea and would not answer when I asked what was a "valid" question about how it works. If OP was genuine, he would have replied or sent me a personal email. Didn't happen.

Besides, everyone knows if I am going to burn calories I need raspberry ketones, duh............../end sarcasm :flowerforyou:

"Jesus kills a kitten...." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

tumblr_n2cc3kJZCU1t4o62mo1_250.gif
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I finally got around to reading this. You have SO much false information here.

Is this an herbalife cut and paste? If so, run from them. If this is what they "teach", RUN.

Signed: I aim to eat a nutrient dense, whole food diet, and think your claims, while based in some, limited reality, are quite false.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    But I love and eat most of those foods often. . . why have I always had a flat stomach? Even when I was 230lbs, my stomach never held much fat. I'm pretty sure it has more to do with overall body shape and BF% than certain foods.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    OP topic: worthless
    GIFs :priceless
  • 3."Any white flour, white rice, and white foods are usually refined to make the color more attractive, but the refining process removes all of the nutrients from the foods and leaves them with little to offer your body aside from empty calories. Those calories cannot be processed easily by the body, and thus they are turned to fat the minute you consume them"

This is really inaccurate. A carbohydrate is a carbohydrate, whether it is sugar, fruit, quinoa, or pasta, the difference is the amount of simple carbohydrates present as well as the amount of other macronutrients (fat, protein, as well as fiber) present. Simple carbohydrates (without the presence of fat, protein, or fiber- i.e. processed white sugar, bread, rice, etc) are digested and absorbed significantly faster making the hormone insulin sky rocket- Insulin moves blood sugar into cells to be used as energy, but with such high amounts of sugar in the cells, it takes little time or effort to supply the body's energy needs- and the excess is pushed into fat production (not because it is hard to process but because it is easy to process and there is excess amounts). Small intakes of processed foods can prevent this overflow from energy production (burning) to fat production (storing), but a diet of predominantly processed foods will cause weight gain. Also, constant elevations of insulin encourage fat production not to mention, over time, it can cause insulin resistance (when the cells don't take up sugar as well) and increased insulin production (strain on pancreas) leading to type 2 diabetes.

4. Studies actually show that those who drink wine in moderation are actually less likely to be overweight. Yes, less likely. Why? Because alcohol is not a fat, protein, or carbohydrate, it is a different energy source, and appears to be "wasted" in the process of metabolism more than calories are used. Also, because alcohol appears to rev up metabolism, the occasional serving can help to burn more calories after a meal.

As for the fat, fat doesn't necessarily make you fat. In fact, studies have shown that high fat low carbohydrate diets are just as effecting at creating weight loss, except, high fat, low carbohydrate diets much more successfully maintain muscle mass. Muscles love fat, especially medium chain triglycerides (these are healthy fats that are digested directly versus going through the VLDL-LDL- process- avoiding risk of heart disease

As a person with a BS and MS in nutrition as well as a professional dietetic internship in my back pocket, it is highly discouraging to read generalized articles like these do not use or cite any kind of evidence-based research to back the "facts" listed. You're helping to create food stereotypes that are not backed by biochemistry, anatomy, or any kind of research...
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    I like "avoid white foods," followed by, "eat pita chips."

HAHAHAHAHA
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    reasons: because I ate to much of something I had excess fat, and my body is genetically inclined to store it in my belly.

that's how I Got belly fat.

not because of red meats or white grains (how racists was that!)

And there is no picture of a SAD BANANA on this post...