craziest pick up lines on mfp

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    for those of you that havent had one yet, dont worry its coming. you are all beautiful.

on another note you all probably didnt partake in the boob shot profile pic phenomenon either lol. nydoll- nothing wrong with a compliment, if you think someone looks good thats cool, i was talking some of these lines that people give, for some reason on social sites guys tend to say the most ridiculous stuff and i always find that funny

I noticed all the cleavage shots and the bathtub legs. What's up with that? I thought this was MFP not myspace. Maybe I'm just too old. Pretty happy to say I don't get hit on here.
    I know...seems to be a new thing since the dating thread popped up... the leg thing is sorta creepy...lol Yea the cleavage shots are a bit much sometimes... I mean I think it's awesome to see the transformation on here as we begin to gain confidence in our bodies but ...dang! Sometimes it gets a bit much...no face, just boobs?? :laugh: :blushing: :noway:
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Love it!!!! I didn't get any pick up lines but then again I show no pics of myself LOL and I am too old ;o)
  • lyndsloo
    lyndsloo Posts: 242
    This is hilarious! I have had some friendly messages, but I doubt they were pick up lines. I've never thought of MFP as that kind of site. Are there men on here? CRAZY!!!
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    This is hilarious! I have had some friendly messages, but I doubt they were pick up lines. I've never thought of MFP as that kind of site. Are there men on here? CRAZY!!!

Oh there's men alright...just watch out for binary and TK. Those two are major trouble.

Especially Binary.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member

Oh there's men alright...just watch out for binary and TK. Those two are major trouble.

Especially Binary.
    woo.gif
    I am so loved, I have a pepper spray named after me.

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01110010 01100101 01110000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01100101 01101110 01110100 00100000 01000001 00100000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01100110 01100101 01100011 01110100 00100000 00110001 00110000 00100000

Yeah...advertising wasn't too happy with the name.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    I tend to get the "You have beautiful eyes." comments. Some of these are funny though. Love the longship one. haha
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Just a question for the ladies.

What constitutes a compliment and what constitutes a pick up line?
  • mookiemoo
    mookiemoo Posts: 46 Member
    "You look like a Viking! Can I take you to Valhalla on my longship?"

ha ha ha

I like that one :D
  • HealthyChanges2010

Wow, tough one Mike, because some of us Ladies might take one as a compliment while another might take it as offense.
  • RoadDog

Wow, tough one Mike, because some of us Ladies might take one as a compliment while another might take it as offense.

On a serious note and, in defense of some men, it can be very difficult to compliment. Even those we love. I know that, personally, I have a difficult time giving compliments Not good at it. Feel like it sounds contrived. OR, as this thread suggests, like a pick up line. Unfortunately, it is hard here to get to know someone well enough to compliment them on something other than a physical attribute.

Someone accused me recently of being in awe of women. Guilty as charged. Love everything about them. Unfortunately, men struggle. Can't stop trying, though. Remember, you might just have beautiful eyes. Or a great figure. Or whatever.
  • HealthyChanges2010

On a serious note and, in defense of some men, it can be very difficult to compliment. Even those we love. I know that, personally, I have a difficult time giving compliments Not good at it. Feel like it sounds contrived. OR, as this thread suggests, like a pick up line. Unfortunately, it is hard here to get to know someone well enough to compliment them on something other than a physical attribute.

Someone accused me recently of being in awe of women. Guilty as charged. Love everything about them. Unfortunately, men struggle. Can't stop trying, though. Remember, you might just have beautiful eyes. Or a great figure. Or whatever.

Actually I was being serious with my response. :smile:

I hear what you're saying though but I do have a question. Why is it hard to compliment someone on something other than a 'physical attribute' on here as you shared? I guess for myself I find I get to know others through so many other means than physical since some of our senses are removed being on the net and not in person it amplifies some of our other senses. Like visual isn't necessarily one I use on here at first because not everyone has photos up or they do but not of themselves but kids, pets, nature etc. I love b & a shots though! But I find I get to know others by personality on here, by the way they comment on my page, by their commitment, etc.. Simply a different point of view.:flowerforyou:

Edited to add: Actually on the net so *many* of our senses are not in use that I find I can get to know a friend at warp speed and feel like I've known them forever with out having ever met them. Then when first talking to them on the phone it's like we've known each other forever and for me this is all based on how I get a feel for ppl without using how they look (which is far one of the less important features of a person to me, particularly on here since we're all going through a metamorphosis) but simply getting to know them over time.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member

It's not what you say, it's how you say it. Some guys just come off as creepy, some come off as sincere.
  • binary_jester

I hear what you're saying but I do have a question. Why is it hard to compliment someone on something other than a 'physical attribute' on here as you shared? I guess for myself I find I get to know others through so many other means than physical since some of our senses are removed being on the net and not in person it amplifies some of our other senses. Like visual isn't necessarily one I use on here at first because not everyone has photos up or they do but not of themselves but kids, pets, nature etc. I love b & a shots though! But I find I get to know others by personality on here, by the way they comment on my page, by their commitment, etc.. Simply a different point of view.:flowerforyou:
    I am curious. So if I were to say, "Wow, great new profile pic. You look awesome in that dress" that might be perceived as a flirt, but say "You always crack me up" is not? Chances are commenting on physical vs personality will be perceived more as a line?
  • HealthyChanges2010

It's not what you say, it's how you say it. Some guys just come off as creepy, some come off as sincere.
    Exactly!!
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    So, mine was NOT meants as a pick up line but, I'm a super frinedly kinda gal and I love big arms. So, one day I see this guys post and his pic is him flexing his big sexy arm. So, I PM him with "hey, we should be friends. I have lots of scotch tape....and your ripped." Hahahaha. I thought I was so funny. So, if that was in one of the previous pages, now yall know who sent it.....
  • binary_jester

The difficulty in that is perception of "tone" can vary person to person.
  • RoadDog
    I hear what you're saying but I do have a question. Why is it hard to compliment someone on something other than a 'physical attribute' on here as you shared? I guess for myself I find I get to know others through so many other means than physical since some of our senses are removed being on the net and not in person it amplifies some of our other senses. Like visual isn't necessarily one I use on here at first because not everyone has photos up or they do but not of themselves but kids, pets, nature etc. I love b & a shots though! But I find I get to know others by personality on here, by the way they comment on my page, by their commitment, etc.. Simply a different point of view.:flowerforyou:

I can barely articulate my own feelings. I couldn't begin to interpret those of others. I do begin to get a sense of people in here through their posts and comments. But, that's what confirms or denies my opinion of someone, not the initial impression.

When I walk into a crowded room, my eyes aren't drawn to the person with the "spirit of giving" or "great sense of humor", it's probably some physical presence or attribute.

When I say "You have a beautiful smile" , I mean that you HAVE A BEAUTIFUL SMILE, but someone might feel "I'm tired of being the overweight girl with the pretty face."

I'm not insensitive, I'm just totally tongue tied in the presence of woman.
  • binary_jester

I can barely articulate my own feelings. I couldn't begin to interpret those of others. I do begin to get a sense of people in here through their posts and comments. But, that's what confirms or denies my opinion of someone, not the initial impression.

When I walk into a crowded room, my eyes aren't drawn to the person with the "spirit of giving" or "great sense of humor", it's probably some physical presence or attribute.

When I say "You have a beautiful smile" , I mean that you HAVE A BEAUTIFUL SMILE, but someone might feel "I'm tired of being the overweight girl with the pretty face."

I think I am just going to go with, "You have a smokin' moon.gif", but to both males and females so it is equally offensive.
  • HealthyChanges2010

But that's the difference here, this isn't a crowded room, it being the net we don't have the luxury of being in a room together physically so we all have bumble around a bit and figure out what works. What someone says to one person might be taken offensively but to another it might not. So some are more cautious in making comments and that's not necessarily a bad thing on here at times.

If someone said to me 'you have a beautiful smile' and wasn't saying creepy stuff along with it:laugh: , I would definitely see it as a compliment and I think most women would. But you're right I suppose someone else might take it the other way you shared if all they've heard all their lives is 'you have such a pretty face', if you'd only lose some weight you'd be beautiful, then perhaps they would feel weird? I dunno... I sure can't answer for all womanhood on this topic.

Sometimes I see things said on the boards that I find offense other times I find things hilarious that another might find offense. Different day, different mood, different person saying them... as Toots shared... it's how things are said and after you get to know someone on here you understand if they're creepy or genuine. :laugh: I guess we have to simply hope they are being themselves on here so we don't mistake the two!:tongue:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member

I think I am just going to go with, "You have a smokin' moon.gif", but to both males and females so it is equally offensive.

That's definitely the way to go about it. :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.